Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 07:32 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday)

and nearly the end of January.

Dillon had me up at 4 this morning just wanted to lay outside for 10 mins. I went back to bed and he woke just before 6.30 so Gorden got up we are getting our bark, bark at the moment so something is going on unfortunately at the moment we cannot think about neutering. We might go down the superlorin route but we will see a different vet at a different practice we will see. We might try tomorrow if he is like it letting him upstairs to see if he will settle for half an hour or so.
Just given him a nice frozen bone and he is happy while I do this before feeding him.
At least he is not quite as bad as the time before. Something must be around though .

Off to visit mum today. Other than that the usual stuff going on.

Sally nice to hear Jimmi got a walk yesterday.
Chris I hope Rosie is still well and that your mum is feeling better and that you can get to visit soon.
Good luck at the vets today Bev.
I hope nobody here is affected by the flooding I am hearing about.
Get well wishes to all humans and dogs I may of missed.

Better go and feed the Dillon now as he is he is already bored of the bone.

Stay safe everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Hello Lynn and all.
We have been up half the night with Pepsi being sick again
I think it is because on a Sunday she scrounges scraps from everyone and although it is only things like meat, veg etc she just can't tolerate anything other than her normal diet.
She is still sound asleep on my bed now
Well I have nothing planned for today, I will just see what the day throws at me
Hope you all have a good one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello Lynn and all.
We have been up half the night with Pepsi being sick again
I think it is because on a Sunday she scrounges scraps from everyone and although it is only things like meat, veg etc she just can't tolerate anything other than her normal diet.
She is still sound asleep on my bed now
Well I have nothing planned for today, I will just see what the day throws at me
Hope you all have a good one.
Morning Jenny. Sorry to hear yo have had a bad night with Pepsi. I hope she recovers soon. No more scraps for her then.
You are going to be nanny napping later I take it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Hehehe as a Great Nanny I think I am entitled to
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning Lynn, Jen, and all

Not a good start is it, Dillon up to his old tricks and poor Pepsi poorly. I hope Pepsi feels better today and that Dillon calms down.

Fingers crossed there is good news for Kyiro today.

I am off today to see my cousin, then on to his bungalow to see the new bathroom and the rewiring job before arranging to hand over the dosh!

The two young boys enjoyed their bike ride yesterday, my electric bike was such a good buy, we are building back up to going further. I ought to get the older ones out on it again, they haven't been on it for ages and they enjoyed it too!

I hope you all have a good day today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn, Jen and everyone

Oh dear, not a good start today is it, and you're probably in for 3 weeks of it there Lynn if it is what you suspect with Dillon and those ladies out and about early again. So sorry to hear about Pepsi being sick and I hope it's what you suspect, too many titbits yesterday, good luck with her Jen.

Bright and clear, blue sky, but frozen rain on the cars, so the roads could be interesting when we go down the beach. Sorry I went awol from lunchtime yesterday, but after a lunch like that, I went a bit sleepy and it lasted right into the evening, plus I was getting on with washing all the van stuff.

Dave's gone down the slippery slope again, which doesn't fair well with our relationship, cos I'm getting really ground down myself with it all, but hey ho, onwards and upwards I suppose, I still have Zena.

Hope Kyiro is still good on that foot Bev, I did read the good news yesterday, so let's hope the vet visit will finally be a good one. Also hoping Rosie is still ok and your mum Chris. Can't remember anymore so apologies.

Enjoy your day even though it's Monday and you're back at work, it'll soon be over
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Jen, and all

Not a good start is it, Dillon up to his old tricks and poor Pepsi poorly. I hope Pepsi feels better today and that Dillon calms down.

Fingers crossed there is good news for Kyiro today.

I am off today to see my cousin, then on to his bungalow to see the new bathroom and the rewiring job before arranging to hand over the dosh!

The two young boys enjoyed their bike ride yesterday, my electric bike was such a good buy, we are building back up to going further. I ought to get the older ones out on it again, they haven't been on it for ages and they enjoyed it too!

I hope you all have a good day today.
Morning Gerry An electric bike??? Does that mean you don't have to pedal??? I want one of those please!!! Point me in the direction if you can
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Good morning over there.

Well, you know my feelings re chemical castration aka superlorin so we will say no more.. collie too gets barkathon days so this is just DOG . Gets me all riled though, the barking...

well, they say we are in for a real treat today.. winds off the Atlantic (which is just down the road as the seagull flies) of up to 120 kph.... WHOAH! The speed limit here is 100 kph.. arrest that gale! Ban it!

Heavy rain etc too so only time we will, my dogs and I, be outside is to fetch coal in and for them other basic needs. I hope! I am too light weight to be out in high winds

Looking forward to time out on Weds and a shopping list is in progress. I enjoy a good shop and after nearly tw0 weeks in this will be a good one indeed.
Aiming to go over theeh high pass to Killarney via Glencar; a dramatic and challenging drive of utter beauty.

Was so exhausted last evening ( my fault for baking...) that I decided to sleep without the cats. Trying to rest with these two who weigh at least three stone betweeen them is not always easy.. boy was fine and settled in the sitting room but wee girl scratched at the door and i found her perched on the landing window sill at 2 am ... These cats are as faithful and devoted as dogs.. and yes I let her in then so she purred and snuggled

oh 28th; so I am back to full service on broadband. Digiweb. if you go over your allotted quota put you on "restriction" which means you still have service but sllllllooooww.. all to get they hope more money off you.. so I cannot watch eg youtube which I enjoy for old films etc

over to youtube later then..

Have a lovely day all out there
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Well its decision day today, we have our vets appointment at 9.50. Poor kyiro is going to be wondering why I am feeding Lily and not him.
He started limping again last night so I will wait and see what the vet thinks and be guided by her. I am really nervous and dreading this appointment too.
Work this afternoon, although I have told them if kyiro has another op and is coming home today then I will not be in, so they will cover me and I won't lose any pay.

Sorry to hear Dillon is getting restless again Lynn, lets hope he settles. I think the sooner you can get that implant or have him castrated the better or the behaviour could become a learned habit.

Hope Pepsi is over her sickness now Jenny.

Take care everyone and enjoy your day, although I think I will be glad when today is over
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Good morning all

Rosie had a peaceful night so I'm more hopeful that that parcel yesterday was just a blip to keep me on my toes

Good luck at the vets today, Bev. Fingers crossed that all goes well and the Kyiro is getting back to normal without further intervention x

Oh Lynn - I know just how tired and frustrated you must be feeling right now. Those early morning (or should that be middle of the night) wake-up calls are soul destroying and have you walking round like a zombie for most of the day.

Quite a nice morning here - cold, of course, but so nice to see neither rain or snow. Mcd's I think today for us and our usual, albeit only half circuit walk.

I wish I could do 'nanny naps'. Unfortunately, if I nod off in the afternoon, I can't sleep at night so I try to avoid 'em.

I hope all the poorly doggies out there are on the mend and that they all manage a happy walk today. Hope all the 'other end of the leads' also have a good day and stay safe too xxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »