Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2006, 08:50 PM

Any help with cold turkey..?

I have had a grand total of 3 ciggies today (at 11.30am/3.30pm & 7.30pm) which isnt anything like the 20-25 i would normally smoke during a normal day and am presently going out of my mind.

I dont wanna start eating choccy to alleviate the cravings cause im trying to eat more healthy (like chicken & rice) during meal times.

Any ideas???
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Steve, firstly congratulations on having a go. I'll be joining you shortly (until the weight piles on of course )

A friend of mine did it cold turkey and everytime she wanted a ciggy she drank a glass of water, it took the craving away a little and did wonders for her skin
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Every time you want a snout, drink a full glass of water s-l-o-w-l-y - it can really help. Also chew sugar free gum. Better still, get nicotine patches - they really work and you'll have NO cravings whatsoever - honest!
Good luck
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

LOL posting same time as Ashlady!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
LOL posting same time as Ashlady!
Great minds mate
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Steve, firstly congratulations on having a go. I'll be joining you shortly (until the weight piles on of course )

A friend of mine did it cold turkey and everytime she wanted a ciggy she drank a glass of water, it took the craving away a little and did wonders for her skin
Thanks AL and Vicki for the advice.I've been trying to keep my head busy by doing housework(!!!) and is now spotless! I do have beside me,a glass of lemonade which i have been sipping from when the craving gets too much and this sort of helps.

I would just like to say that if anyone is ever thinking about taking up smoking-try being in my position at the moment and you will never start.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 09:03 PM
You can do it hon. Baz and I quit 5/1/05 so we've just gone past the one year mark. We'd given up before, for 4 years, but started again in a moment of extreme stupidity. The nicotine patches just made it sooooo easy this time around, and because you can get them on prescription, so much cheaper than just buying them over the counter. Whatever you're going through, I've already been there (did cold turkey the first time) so chin up kid, you're not alone
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks Vicki!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Go to bed early tonight. Also, think to yourself that you only have to resist ONE cigarette - the "next" one. Take it one day at a time. If you can go without totally tomorrow, you'll be better off. By still having even one, you are just perpetuating the need for more of the drug. What sort of environment do you work in....office or outside where you can smoke. I'm hoping office
cliffrbrts
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
good luck to you mate, i tried at new year and managed just one week
first couple of days were ok but after that was painfull.
I didnt use patches as i couldnt afford them but i pay over 4 quid a day for 20 fags so who am i kiddin?
maybe they should sell patches individualy in the newsagents so it wouldnt cost so much in one go?
anyway hope you have the will to stick it out mate
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »