Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-04-2008, 05:45 AM

Muh?

Let me explain a bit about my Morning Dog Walks.
When I am at home, 5am sees my up and ready to walk Willow. No...it sees me *up*...it takes 3 cups of coffee to get me ready
We leave the house between 5:45 and 6ish. Willow is on the 15 foot tape lead, because she managed to destroy the extender, by using it one too many times as a brake. But that's for later.

I keep her on a lead because A) this is a very residential area, and some residentials are a bit nervous of 8 stone of Rottie, even if the long tail is wagging, the face is smiling, and slightly cross eyed, and she's falling over her own feet, and B) she is sooo friendly, and wants to play with all her friends, who happen to be the whole planet. Because she loves everybody, and gets hurt when people don't love her back. She has a huge heart.

When we get to the park area, if we are going on the Long Walk (the one we have done for the last six years) she stays on the lead until we get off the footpath, because of passing strangers (see above).

If it is absolutely hammering down with rain, or I am running late, we take The Short Route, which is...shorter, and doesn't involve the footpath, so she comes off the lead and gets a runabout...and the clever thing is, it ends *in the same place as the Long Walk* so she soesn't realise she's been robbed!

However...the main difference is The lack Of Lead....and The Lack Of Braking Effect therein engendered...

This morning we went The Short Walk, because I had been delayed...as we appreached the Grassy Knoll she spied a flock of starlings, and playfully gave chase. As always happens, after 15 feet (the length of the tape lead) she skidded to sudden stop, and the birds flew off. I looked at her. She looked at me. I looked in my hands..which were holding the tape lead. Both ends...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Whoops.....

Pay attention, will you please?

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Awww...bless her!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:49 AM
ha ha ha!!! she is so used to stopping there!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Too funny, xxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:21 PM
LOL, what do you expect at such an ungodly hour of the day, my brain is barely awake an hour after I get up, if it's before 7am. So I would barely remember the lead, never mind attaching it to the dog.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Just seen this....................ok so it's 15 hours later, but I still think it was she sounds delightful too.