06-10-2014, 12:55 PM

What do you feed your dogs?

Pics would be good too 😊
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Today's lunch - similar to this...

This evening she will have a frozen chicken back.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2014, 01:09 PM
That looks amazing lol 😁
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-10-2014, 03:27 PM
More or less the same as Malka feeds her dog, but cooked not raw.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2014, 04:27 PM
I raw feed, and my puppies are all weaned onto raw, my 2 older girls came from 5 generations of raw fed dogs, and I am 2 generations down now, so that is 7 generations of raw feeding, and you can't half see the difference
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I raw feed, and my puppies are all weaned onto raw, my 2 older girls came from 5 generations of raw fed dogs, and I am 2 generations down now, so that is 7 generations of raw feeding, and you can't half see the difference
Do you have pictures of your dogs you could post please? Do you find feeding raw improves coat, muscle tone, teeth etc x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I do yes, have a look on my site http://www.donehogawa.com/ for piccies of my dogs, all my puppy owners have to commit to raw feeding and they say the difference is amazing compared to a commercially fed puppy. It sounds scary at the beginning, I had a couple here to see me a few weeks ago, and she was under the impression you gave them half a cow for a meal, I showed her quantities and she was surprised at how little they ate, you are not feeding starchy fillers that go straight through them along with grains that are not digestible for a canine digestive system, although people don't understand or recognise this, and persist in feeding as you would a human or an omnivere, when in fact dogs and wolves have exactly the same digestive system and share 99% DNA and are carnivores
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Raw, tonight is need tripe, helps with coat teeth general health
ATD x
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-10-2014, 07:27 PM
No need for pix of what I feed my dogs.
Actually, what I normally feed my dogs.
Confession time..... Right now I am feeding commercial dogfood. I don't really have too much choice since I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. With the loss of my job and theft of some integral items I am at this moment unable to feed what I normally feed.

16 sled dogs have little to abslutely no problem eating an entire 240lb(live weight) WhiteTailedDeer. I just pretend I'm the Alfa, pierce the stomach, shake out what'll come out and throw it in the mix of the rest of the viscera, fat, flesh and bones, and Voila.... Doggie heavenly hash.
Another thing my dogs totally love is fishcicles, frozen whole fish. An working 80-90lb domestic K9 can thrive on a daily 4-5 lb Sucker, Whitefish(or any fish really).
And my K9's love fish soup. Essentially frozen fish popped into a 10gln drum and boiled with potatoes, sweet potatoes, all kinds of veggies and fruit, a cpl dozen eggs, raw cooking oil, with some rice...
It even smells good enough for me to eat & I know I could in a pinch. But my preferred main diet for my K9's is raw,whole animal.
I very much dislike what commercial dog food does(and doesn't do) for/to my dogs. Their breath breathe stinks, their coats stink, their poop stinks and is huge. The long term effects of commercial dog food is very destructive to any canidae.
My K9's are athletic, hard driving, hard working beautiful creatures that are so willing to please. They ask very, very, very little in return. The least I can do for them quite literally saving my life is to honour their heritage by doing my utmost to feed them what will impart good health and essentially a happier more spirited dog.
Myth; raw meat makes dogs wicked.
Truth; raw meat makes dogs healthier.
Truth; People make dogs wicked.
Myth; commercial dog food is healthy for dogs.
Truth; most commercial dog foods are made of food stuffs that are not "fit for human consumption" and roughly 30-40% of euthanized pets.
If you question what I've just posted please checkout http://rawfed.com/myths/

I warn you all the contents on the site could absolutely sicken you, so read the whole thing, not just a few words. And only if you are open minded, you truly love your K9 buddy/ies and you have a strong stomach. Oh yes, I almost forgot humble

Tawneywolf
I mean no disrespect but I can speak only of preColumbian canidae in my next statement. 99.8% of mitochondrialDNA is shared by the domestic and wild cousin"North American Gray Wolf" a genetically separate wolf from the European Wolf.
Even the genetically pure Xolo and genetically pure Chihuahua are separated from the NAGW by a mere0.2% DNA as is the genitcally pure Alaskan Malamute and genitcally pure Qiimiq. There are 2 others that aren't extinct. 1 is the Peruvian Hairless or Pero Si'n Pelo del Peru and the the American Dingo or Carolina Dog or Dixie Dingo.
Many other preColumbian dogs are either extinct or heavily tainted with European K9 blood/DNA.
Yes, even the cute little Chihuahua is 99.8% wolf and 99.8% carnivore.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2014, 07:37 PM
My boy won't eat enough raw to feed that only so he's on barking heads fusspot. Salmon n potato based. No grain or additives. Occasionally he will have a dinner of raw chicken thighs or mince or ribs something like that. With his exercise mainly free running he is a rock hard shiny thing.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »