Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone.
I hope the weather is calmer with you today. It is calm here but I do believe we have storms due today inland. Fingers crossed they are wrong.

I hope all those feeling under the weather are feeling better today and any poorly pets there may be too are on the mend.

Stay safe and dry.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

Lovely lie in for us this morning, and it's very still, dry and very frosty outside, I would go so far as to say the road is sheet ice, it looks like it from my front window I've got a pink, ripply sky whatever that means, but I'm sure it's not good - red sky in the morning and all that. More of the same old same old with the weather again today then, courtesy of the states and that ice storm or so they tell us. Stay safe everyone.

Hope your hand is not too sore this morning Lynn. I wonder if you'd be allowed to start slapping some nice, soothing healing cream on it now - wouldn't that be nice! Keep it in the fridge if you are allowed to use something, and good luck with it, I feel so sorry for you with that, it looks so very painful.

Well, I think I'm scuppered with a clifftop walk this morning cos the car won't get up the hill if that is ice on the road, too risky thanks! So the woods it is then.

Nothing planned today, but then that's a good thing, Sunday's should be like that, so enjoy yours
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Morning Lynn and Helena.
Dry and very still here this morning, can't believe it long may it last
Be back later xx

Just seen the forecast H, look out it's heading our way again
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Morning Lynn, H and Jenny,

Sun is out with a nice breeze, although a bit frosty at the moment. The washing machine is working overtime so hopefully I can get all that out on the line and it might dry before the rain comes this afternoon.

Lyla is being her usual cheeky playful self this morning and decided at 6.30 I didn't need a lie in and kept getting under the quilt and digging those sharp claws in my feet (ouch) that got me up sharpish

Hope everyone is ok and I hope nobody is too badly affected by the floods.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Morning Helena. I hope that isn't ice on the roads for you. Best stick to the woods though in case it is as long as the wind isn't worrying and the trees may come down.
Can't win at the moment can we.
I am really hoping the Dr is going to say I can start slapping some nice healing cream on as of tomorrow. It is feeling so tight and dry and although bearable especially with a couple of Ibuprofen during the day it is constantly feeling sore now.
Morning Jenny fingers crossed the weather stays calm and dry for you.
Morning Bev, cheeky Lyla. Good luck with getting the washing dry.

We are looking forward to a walk in the sunshine that we have here at the moment.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Morning Lynn, Helena, Nippy and fellow members,

A lie in here too which was wonderful I've just driven round the estate to see what state the roads are in and so far so good. The River Wey is still seeping over the towpath but appears to be draining somewhere The Rivers Bourne and Thames are both up on yesterday and still rising but we may get away without those disrupting us too much if there isn't too much rainfall between us and Oxford ... so fingers crossed.

The sky is stunning and the ripple effect that Helena mentioned is probably this which I took about 10 minutes ago from our front door..... beautiful Thick frost which just makes everything so pretty.

and when I drove up to the top of the estate:

and one of the deer who were right by the road:

I don't think we are due much rain today which will suit me fine. We've got some neighbours coming round for a roast today so after I've walked the dogs I must make an apple pie and have another quick tidy up etc etc.

Lynn I hope your hand is healing and the pain is subsiding. Enjoy today with Gorden .... and Dillon of course.
Helena Enjoy your walk in the woods and a relaxing day with Dave before he goes back in the morning.
Nippy What a novelty for you to have a 'still' morning and as you say long may it last. The SW really have had a battering.

See you all later.

**** Hi Bev you must have posted while I was typing. Enjoy your day and give that gorgeous cheeky Lyla a cuddle from me. *********
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Morning Jenny. Lovely photos and fingers crossed no more rain for you.
Enjoy your lunch with the neighbours.
I better go and amend the name I gave to Bev's kitten. I called her Layla.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Morning Jenny lovely Pics, it really is beautiful where you are. I may go for a walk along the river later if it stays nice. Sundays you always get a lot of people driving in though to sit along the river for the best part of the day, no matter what the weather.
I enjoy going and feeding the swans though.

Lynn don't worry about getting her name wrong, i call her many things, especially when she is being naughty. If she was human she would be locked up in a young offenders institution by now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Ha ha I can imagine Bev.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Good morning fellow members frosty this morning with a threat of more nasty weather later.

The children arrived for lunch unexpectedly yesterday and gobbled up all my food so I need to do another big bake today to replace some of it starting with cheesy bread sticks and little cheese tarts .

I am hoping to get the leaking kitchen ceiling fixed this week, I have been unable to get more than one quote up to now because so many people seem to be on holiday until tomorrow.

Enjoy your day everyone
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »