Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Hurt by puppy

Maisie and Holly have really hit it off and Maisie has played more in the last few weeks than she has in years. Holly can get a bit rough at times and I split them up if I think Maisie needs a rest from her despite Maisie still being happy to play.

However, Maisie didn't want to get out of bed this morning and is a bit hunched and yelps and snarls when Holly goes to pounce on her. I think she has probably pulled a muscle so have not let Holly play with her today.

Holly just could not understand why and Maisie was licking her lips anxiously when Holly goes near but was not growling. then when Holly was lying on the sofa half on my lap Maisie came over and licked her face and they were nuzzling each other. It was just soo sweet. Poor Maisie is eleven and Holly is not much lighter than her so all this playing is a bit much but they still love each other
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh dear. Daisy was getting really stiff when Prince first came because of dashing round with him, so I gave her supplements and she`s fine now.
And then Alfie arrived... and he likes to play the face-chewing game with her. Prince gets quite put out when they play and comes and `tells` me.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Oh dear. Daisy was getting really stiff when Prince first came because of dashing round with him, so I gave her supplements and she`s fine now.
And then Alfie arrived... and he likes to play the face-chewing game with her. Prince gets quite put out when they play and comes and `tells` me.
Ah there's an idea, what supplements did you give Daisy?

Poor Prince getting left out, it is funny how much they can tell us without any words. You can almost read the thought bubble above their heads.

Maisie really looks out for Holly too. Holly was trying to get a little chi to play with her but he didn't want to and told her to leave him alone and Maisie gave the chi a warning growl to go easy on her pup!!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Sounds like they have a good relationship . Hope Maisie is feeling better soon.

Helen
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Chondroitin and Glucosamine and cod iver oil. I buy it in bulk online (human grade).
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Maisie is feeling a lot better today thank you.

I might start Maisie on a supplement to help her ageing joints.