Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Puppy limping

My Bo (Slovak pup, 14 weeks) randomly starting hobbling on her front leg last night...possibily after her short evening walk, but as I didn't take her I am not 100% sure.

It is one of her front legs and she is fully weight bearing on it, just hobbling. I took her out for a short walk this morning to see if it had gone but she was still hobbling. She seems perfectly well in herself otherwise.

Should I rest her for a few days (easier said then done with a very high energy pup ) or continue talking her for very short walks?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
My Bo (Slovak pup, 14 weeks) randomly starting hobbling on her front leg last night...possibily after her short evening walk, but as I didn't take her I am not 100% sure.

It is one of her front legs and she is fully weight bearing on it, just hobbling. I took her out for a short walk this morning to see if it had gone but she was still hobbling. She seems perfectly well in herself otherwise.

Should I rest her for a few days (easier said then done with a very high energy pup ) or continue talking her for very short walks?
hi,annoyingly i would rest her,taking her out for on lead 'strolls' only and no 'free running' in the garden(yes i do know how hard that may be,look at the breeds i own!)i would do that for a couple of days
(have you checked inbetween pads and nails etc?)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi,annoyingly i would rest her,taking her out for on lead 'strolls' only and no 'free running' in the garden(yes i do know how hard that may be,look at the breeds i own!)i would do that for a couple of days
(have you checked inbetween pads and nails etc?)
I have to say that it didn't occur to me to check her paw () as when they have something stuck like a thorn, they generally stop and don't move until the offending item has been removed. I will have a looksie when she is awake though, thanks!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Nothing in the paws. *sigh*
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Nothing in the paws. *sigh*
oh dear
dont worry,just rest her i'm sure she will be fine,pups are like rubber....they bounce back,you would be very unlucky for it to be anything too serious at her age
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh dear
dont worry,just rest her i'm sure she will be fine,pups are like rubber....they bounce back,you would be very unlucky for it to be anything too serious at her age
Thanks, I hope so. Trying to keep a pup like her quiet is nearly impossible without her walks to take the edge off.