Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2013, 05:18 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Tuesday).

Morning everyone.
Bit of a nip in the air here this morning. After a very hot night which of course meant Dillon was awake at 1am and slept outside till nearly 3am. I did doze on and off on the sofa but its not the same as being in your lovely comfy bed even if a bit hot.
Nanny napping for me today I think.
Joel our Grandson starts Senior school today we rung him last night to wish him luck he is very nervous and near to tears.
Mark rung us to say he had rung so the phone was free and told me not to nanny him so I had a quick chat wished him luck and handed him over to Granddad. He is more upbeat and makes him laugh. I'm just a big softie.
I am sure he will be fine when he gets today over.

Helena I do hope you had a good night and the pain from the abscess has eased or gone altogether. Enjoy your walk with jenny and her friend.
Lorraine hoping Davie's leg is not so sore today and that he gets to school.

I hope everyone else is ok and on top form plus furry and scaly friends.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Thanks for the sympathy last night with this darned tooth, but I managed a good night's sleep, and it's all quiet this morning, but I've only got to eat something and it'll set it all off again, so looks like I'm on a nil by mouth diet till Thursday evening now, but that could mean I'll lose this spare tyre I've been carrying around for the past 6 months.

Looking forward to meeting up again with Jenny and the dogs this morning for a nice, long walk, along with her crazy friend which should be fun.

I might pop into that dentist and see if I can sit and wait for an emergency appt before Thursday just for the ab's, as I doubt very much that he'll whip the teeth out with an infection going on, whereas my other dentist would never prescribe ab's after he caused me that anaphalactic business, he'd always send me to the doc's or open the tooth up a bit to let it drain. Trouble is, how do you explain all this to a new dentist when he's got his hand in your gob lol!

Lynn, it'll be a different story tonight when Joel gets back from his first day of school I bet, he'll be full of it and want to go back again tomorrow

Lorraine, I hope Davie's leg is getting better each day and he'll be back at school soon.

Sorry, but I don't know anything else cos I haven't been keeping up yesterday.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll give you a report on our walk later on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Morning Helena glad the pain has eased and you slept ok. Not good that you can't eat.
Might be a good idea to pop in and see the dentist before Thursday. I would try talking to him before he sticks his hand in your gob.
Enjoy your walk looking forward to the update.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Morning all

Lynn, hope you manage a nanny nap later.

H, could you try yoghurt? It may not aggravate your tooth, certainly try to get to your dentist sooner.

Davie is up and will be going to school, just trying to get him to get dressed. He is not best pleased about it though.

Ah well, work for me, then TMA, I need to get that finished asap. Hopefully I can get some ironing done too.

Have a nice day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning Lorraine. Good luck to Davie at school today.
I hope you manage to get everything done you set out to do.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2013, 07:21 AM

My single brain cell is, I think, currently on a go slow, so all I can and will do is say that I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday - and not to forget that today is the first Bonus Day for Breedia!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning fellow members really autumnal here with thick fog. It should be a lovely day when it lifts.

Back to the old routine here with little Hannah with me all day.
Off to play with the Playdough shortly, enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning.
Overcast and very autumnal here, a nice relief from the heat and mugginess though.
Hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Morning Malka if we pool our brain cells together we could make 2 between us.
Morning Mini enjoy the play dough.
Morning Jenny. I think we are due some hot weather today and tomorrow at least. Well this part of the country is.

What a walk. Dillon was very naughty. Got onto the field and goodness what had been around but it made him skittish, and continually scraping his feet after every wee and sniff. The bad bit was him running back at me full pelt and me having to put my arms down and step to the side to avoid being ploughed down then further on he did the same thing and then kept turning back and thought it would be fun to grab my arms. No damage done a few scratches from his teeth.
Its the wet grass and the rain makes him the same he isn't a dog at all he is a Gremlin.
Oh well 22 months old yesterday only another 24 months till he hits three if he is like his dad then he will hopefully settle down.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Morning all.

Feeling rather acutely aware of my mortality this week. What with David Frost dying and now David Jacobs. Two media icons of my (now vanished) youth.

I got out really early again with Bella but still returned like a damp rag. Forecast was slightly hotter and hotter each day this week. I had been thinking I'd heard distant rumblings and maybe we'd get a welcome storm. But am told it is the fighter jets that have come over. Duh!

The bunks have been erected. Can't even recall now whether I told the tale of the bunks that do not break down into TWO beds? Duh!

The free tv is as big as a small car. Duh!

I am off to Dhekelia at around 2pm to pick up the Sony TV for Suliman next door to me.

I have been digging out spare DVD players and aerial connector leads (only plus there is I am freeing up cupboard space)

Have someone coming tomorrow to view my put u up as I really DO NOT NEED all these beds!

And to crown it all got a phone call from Home Bargains bloke this morning to say he saw my wanted ad for single bed and he had 3 good clean ones and I could have one of them for nothing if I wanted it as they were all different and most people buying singles want two and two the same and he needs the room they are taking up!

AFTER I paid 150 for the unbreakdownable BUNKS! Duh and Grrrr!

Hope everyone has a reasonable day today and all 4 leggeds are well. The best thing to come out of the last few days insane activity is that I haven't had a moment to dwell on my family having all departed. Seems AGES since they were here now.

And now I am going off to Smart Superstore and stock up on iced canned kawfee and other goodies as I am hungry and cannot find anything I fancy stuffing my face with!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >