Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well said, Mum to Many. I agree, those that are bullies cannot see it at all. That is why this thread is good, in my opinion. Perhaps it will spell it out to them, or perhaps they are too blind to see themselve for what they are, I don't know!

I disagree with many people on here, yet there is only a few that I have a problem with. I was brought up in the East End of London and bullies are not tolerated in a place like that. Perhaps that's why I am good at standing up to lowlife bullies. I can give as good as I get in real life and on Forums. I don't enjoy it though. I'd like Dogsey to be a wonderful, happy place but these "cliques" seem to be spoiling it.

I enjoy so much, reading the wolfy threads. I never even knew this breed existed before joining Dogsey (the NIs/BIs I'm talking about). I find the breed fascinating but I can't learn anything on Dogsey, because every thread (virtually) turns into a witch hunt! It's appalling behaviour. These bullies always stand behind the "its a Forum, I have a right to my opinion" but it goes too far

Anyway, if nothing else, this thread has confirmed who I thought was like-minded and who support the bullies. Very helpful indeed

I think my "ignore" list is going to be getting very long indeed
I agree I think this issue had to be addressed sooner or later, I often read posts that look interesting to find yet again they have been hijacked and turned into a gang of yobs harrassing some poor person, I'm fed up with it , and it needs to be sorted out.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I agree I think this issue had to be addressed sooner or later, I often read posts that look interesting to find yet again they have been hijacked and turned into a gang of yobs harrassing some poor person, I'm fed up with it , and it needs to be sorted out.
If you feel like that then report the posts, admin can address the issue
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I did report a post recently, I've never done it before but I felt I had to, none of the remarks were directed at me, but I felt that someone was being harrassed so I reported it, I don't know what happens when you report something though because no one came back to me, and I felt as if it hadn't made any difference, what does happen if you report someone?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, Spot, another one never to disappoint Yes, this is the kind of posting I'm talking about! Where you are actually searching old threads and so on, just to force your point. Like I said already, if someone starts with me, they'll get it back and moreso. Everything I have said to certain people on here, I would have absolutely no problem saying to their faces. I don't just start trouble for no reason but when people start provoking (pretty much like you are with your post) I can quite categorically say I don't give a damn. It's a case of if you like to start bad feeling, go ahead. I'm not one to go running...........Real life and internet. You are one of the ones I was talking about on here.

As for your not resorting to "abuse" - yeah right - the way you have pursued people over their acts/views, amounts to abuse in mine and other peoples' books It's just that you do it under the guise of "caring" when really you just love to start a good old fashioned argument!

And as for me not saying what I've said above to those peoples' faces, just shows you don't know me at all. If I were face to face with those people, I'd have said a whole lot more - trust The only difference is, in real life I wouldn't "mix" with people that I differed from so vastly. I dare say though, in true SPOT style, your whole post was to get a big hoohar going again between me and the people in those posts but you wasted your time, because they are all on "ignore" - so better luck next time, eh

You have just proved by your post what many of us have said. There are members on here that just love to provoke and continue trouble, even rounding up together on occasions to do so. Consider yourself "ignored"
I posted as it did prove the point that we can all, including yourself get riled up over the things we care about and can type something we maybe could of put better or in a more adult way. Do you not think its provocative of you to throw down the challenge that you’ll give back more than you get?

why ignore someone just because they differ in their views? You never know you might learn something or are you so sure that you are right on everything you don’t need to hear anyone elses opinion?

If you don’t give a damn why are you getting so worked up – its just opinions its not really life and death.

One of what ones you were talking about?

Where on earth have I said you wouldn’t say those rather nasty things to peoples faces? Of course I don’t know you – which is why I never said you wouldn’t say things to peoples faces.

If you put everyone on ignore that have a different opinion to yours Im pretty sure everyone would be on it over something or other – that’s the whole point we will differ over many things others we will agree on its just that a debate to put over different ideas. If you think Ive bullied people then I can only apologies to those people – if they consider themselves bullied! But I can only speak for myself and would never presume to speak for other people.

Yep in true spot style I will continue to put my point of view across and I will do it ‘doggedly’ over certain issues that I am passionate about– ie greyhounds, people may think I really don’t care about them but that’s there right however I will not be bullied by you to keep quiet.

I shall certainly consider myself ignored – its getting to a long list I should imagine.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I did report a post recently, I've never done it before but I felt I had to, none of the remarks were directed at me, but I felt that someone was being harrassed so I reported it, I don't know what happens when you report something though because no one came back to me, and I felt as if it hadn't made any difference, what does happen if you report someone?

I dont know either but I am sure someone around here does
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:51 PM
OK,to try to prevent this thread from turning into a slanging match, I think some points mentioned are valid, and whilst many people will often get riled up and say things inthe heat of the moment, I think this forum works because people are willing to debate and discuss things on one thread and then go and post how someone's dogs are lovely on another.

Just as in life there are going to be people who dont always see eye to eye, but that is what we do have an Ignore button for.

Personally I dont use it, I have only used it once for a member who as far as I was concerned was a puppy farmer, and I had no need to hear his opinions. But I actually think its useful to see others opinions as it makes it interesting in a discussion and it allows you to hear and see another point of view. I think their is slightly too much righteousness at times from a few members, some who cant admit when wrong and some who cant accept someone elses viewpoint.

I think turning this into a childish playground he said she said argument is a bit much. At the end of the day I take people as I find them, will say what I think, if you dont like it thats fine, but as far as I am concerned I am not rude with it, so if I am on an ignore list for my opinion then thats fine, but I think it gives people a blinkered view of members if they dont choose to see their posts, as whilst they may post in a debate, they are also posting in piccies threads and advice threads therefore offering a wide aspect of their personality.

I actually find it a bit sad that this thread has turned into a debate on members personalities and attitudes.

Dogsey as far as I am concerned has always been a friendly and supportive forum for me, I dont consider myself in any form of clique and I dont jump on a bandwagon of blame unless I feel particularly strongly about something,

I have had debates with many members on here and reported posts by some but it doesnt stop me from reading threads by them and respecting their opinions and thoughts on other things. I also have some people who i would consider friends on here and yet i dont agree with them in half the discussions we have !!.
My best mate "in real life" has a completely seperate theory on life from me, yet we have been friends since childhood and I wouldnt have it any other way.

It is possible to have differing opinions yet be civil and adult, yet it appears that it escapes some people which results in bitchy comments, which are unnecessary and have no point.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 01:02 PM
I have reported many posts M to M. Usually from the same few people. I would like to know what happens with the reported posts too. The trouble is, there has to be a rule break for action to be taken and I suppose "bullying" isn't actually mentioned in the rules. It appears also, that one persons idea of bullying differs to the next persons. It's a difficult one, I suppose. Admin do have a difficult job. I think it's just such a shame that new members disappear because certain members are so judgmental and unwelcoming
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Maybe people wouldn't take things as a "personal insult" if they weren't put over in that way in the first place! and i'm sorry but some people are not civil at all and some are fanatical !

Some post very insulting and offensive comments and then expect no come backs
I do see where you are coming from – as Ive said I think sometimes people do get passionate about certain issues (yep Im one of those fanatics although some people think I dont really care) and can perhaps in haste or through the red mist type things in way they would not normally, yes we should all think and maybe re read what we have put before pressing the submit button.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Ramble, you have a right to your opinion. Spot is now your buddy, good for you. Some of us on here are not so forgiving. As for me "ganging up" - is that a joke. I have been the one "ganged upon" if you want to use that phrase. As has happened in this thread. You know what though, Ramble, I really don't give a cr@p. Gang away is what I say and I was proved right about what I said to Spot. Spot lights the touch paper and here we go. Some people are so wicked they beggar belief! I remember seeing a thread Ramble, where you were being pulled to bits. Did I gang up with the others no, even though I agreed with them. I felt you had enough on your back without my bit chucked in.
Once again this is a case in point someone calling people bullies, and that their opinion is crap, I cant see any ganging up on this thread at all – just people putting their own take on things. Some people are wicked enough to get over their differences and end up as friends which Im proud to say both Ramble and I did.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
OK,to try to prevent this thread from turning into a slanging match, I think some points mentioned are valid, and whilst many people will often get riled up and say things inthe heat of the moment, I think this forum works because people are willing to debate and discuss things on one thread and then go and post how someone's dogs are lovely on another.

Just as in life there are going to be people who dont always see eye to eye, but that is what we do have an Ignore button for.

Personally I dont use it, I have only used it once for a member who as far as I was concerned was a puppy farmer, and I had no need to hear his opinions. But I actually think its useful to see others opinions as it makes it interesting in a discussion and it allows you to hear and see another point of view. I think their is slightly too much righteousness at times from a few members, some who cant admit when wrong and some who cant accept someone elses viewpoint.

I think turning this into a childish playground he said she said argument is a bit much. At the end of the day I take people as I find them, will say what I think, if you dont like it thats fine, but as far as I am concerned I am not rude with it, so if I am on an ignore list for my opinion then thats fine, but I think it gives people a blinkered view of members if they dont choose to see their posts, as whilst they may post in a debate, they are also posting in piccies threads and advice threads therefore offering a wide aspect of their personality.

I actually find it a bit sad that this thread has turned into a debate on members personalities and attitudes.

Dogsey as far as I am concerned has always been a friendly and supportive forum for me, I dont consider myself in any form of clique and I dont jump on a bandwagon of blame unless I feel particularly strongly about something,

I have had debates with many members on here and reported posts by some but it doesnt stop me from reading threads by them and respecting their opinions and thoughts on other things. I also have some people who i would consider friends on here and yet i dont agree with them in half the discussions we have !!.
My best mate "in real life" has a completely seperate theory on life from me, yet we have been friends since childhood and I wouldnt have it any other way.

It is possible to have differing opinions yet be civil and adult, yet it appears that it escapes some people which results in bitchy comments, which are unnecessary and have no point.

The "he said"/"she saids" came from Spot, initially. I have a right to defend why I said the things I said to three members, after a Member decided to quote something I said in a totally different thread, some weeks back! If she was going to be so pedantic to post what I'd previously said, she should have been fair and quoted why I said those things!

I've taken Azz's advice and decided to hit "ignore" on certain members - saves time in replying to what I regard as rubbish!

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people whose heads are so far up their own a$$, they probably haven't seen daylight for years These same people are usually the ones giving new members a hard time! No excuse for that! Whatever a new member is doing "wrong" in certain peoples eyes, they should be given the benefit of the doubt, before being treated like dirt
Page 9 of 32 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »