Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post

See it as defence if you wish but since i've been posting i haven't observed any insulting posts from CC - or maybe i just haven't been involved in those threads ?
I have to agree with that. I did have a search through CC's posts and could not find the quote highlighted so either im having a dumb moment and missed it, or it was some time ago

Either way, i could probably, if i spent enough time and was petty enough, find offensive, personal remarks of a similar nature for everyone who has posted on this thread We all do it in the heat of the moment. I dont condone what was said, that was very personal and not really excusable in an adult discussion, but as we are unable to edit posts once abotu half an hour has passed sometimes you say things in the heat of an argument that you CANNOT take back.

But i have read a lot of CC's posts as we seem to post on the same threads (maybe from having similar dog breeds) and she has always been polite, friendly, helpful and very welcoming to new members! I've chatted to her via PM and she comes across as a genuinely lovely person
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I have to say I now consider Spot a friend on here and agree with most of what she has said above.We have had our differences, but were indeed coming at something from a different angle and ended up having more in common than to debate about.

The vast majority of people on this site are able to 'discuss' not resort to petty arguments that turn both nasty and personal. There are some that do allow things to become personal, I can't stand that. Discussions and debates are great things for making you think...I have changed my opinion about and learnt a lot on here.As I have already mentioned, a lot of people on this forum are now friends...after having huge debates with them. I love the fact that we can all discuss things on one thread in quite a heated manner...yet be on another thread having a laugh or PMing each other about something.

I disagree with that. I think there are members with the same opinions on here about things that will post on the same threads. Remember some members have been posting on here for years and so know each other well. It isn't ganging up, it's just that they agree. In all honesty I have found some of the newer members much more likely to 'gang up' and be personal than the older ones (in all honesty CC yourself included in that at points).

I like Dogsey because there are people on here who are friends and great debaters. It makes me think.
Ramble, you have a right to your opinion. Spot is now your buddy, good for you. Some of us on here are not so forgiving. As for me "ganging up" - is that a joke. I have been the one "ganged upon" if you want to use that phrase. As has happened in this thread. You know what though, Ramble, I really don't give a cr@p. Gang away is what I say and I was proved right about what I said to Spot. Spot lights the touch paper and here we go. Some people are so wicked they beggar belief! I remember seeing a thread Ramble, where you were being pulled to bits. Did I gang up with the others no, even though I agreed with them. I felt you had enough on your back without my bit chucked in.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
You mean like CC's one?
For your information, the things that I said to three members (quoted by Spot) were said in retaliation to the three of them being completely bitchy and nasty. The fact that I wasn't even given a temporary ban may say something Perhaps I'm not the only one to notice these particular members' rudeness to other members! In fact, I received "congratulations" via pm and email from members on here. Apparently my outburst was long overdue

Just for the record. I did say those things in the heat of the moment. I had the three of them being utterly bitchy and nasty using comments like "Am I bovvered" (mockingly). In real life, I'd give these sort of people what for. On a Forum, there is only so far you can go, so I let them know, in my own way, that they were disgusting. Anyone who doesn't like it, too bad. It wasn't you they were treating so appallingly was it?

Don't bother to reply to this thread Lionhound. I made a pact with myself after that incident (that Spot has very cleverly brought up to stir up loads of trouble) that in future, anybody that I would not give the time of day to in real life, I will put on "ignore" so you, my fellow member can consider yourself "ignored"!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I have to agree with that. I did have a search through CC's posts and could not find the quote highlighted so either im having a dumb moment and missed it, or it was some time ago

Either way, i could probably, if i spent enough time and was petty enough, find offensive, personal remarks of a similar nature for everyone who has posted on this thread We all do it in the heat of the moment. I dont condone what was said, that was very personal and not really excusable in an adult discussion, but as we are unable to edit posts once abotu half an hour has passed sometimes you say things in the heat of an argument that you CANNOT take back.

But i have read a lot of CC's posts as we seem to post on the same threads (maybe from having similar dog breeds) and she has always been polite, friendly, helpful and very welcoming to new members! I've chatted to her via PM and she comes across as a genuinely lovely person
Thank you, Jessica. I could say exactly the same for you

I did say the comments quoted in Spots post. They were on a CM thread (a few weeks back - it was locked) and I had the three of those people mocking and even resorting to saying that Chihuahuas were aggressive (even though that had nothing to do with the post - what about "deed not breed" and all that). I just thought, let them have a view of not only what I think of them but a few other members that have been at the receiving end of their bullying. So there it was. I'd expected that I might get a temporary ban or even banned completely. I didn't but maybe that was because I had been reporting their posts, leading up to the post where I told them my views

Anyway, thanks for being so kind about me Jessica. It's people like you that keep me on this forum (much to the upset of others )

What I will say about myself on Dogsey: Yes, I can be a bit OTT at times. One thing I can't stand though, is people who think they are "above" others, that think they know everything, that bully others and that are unwelcoming to newcomers, even though those people sometimes are clearly in need of help/advice; not being judged. I have no time for such people and I make no secret of it. Those that have a problem with me, hit the ignore button. I strongly recommend it. Since I've started to do that, I get less wound up and enjoy Dogsey so much more

One last thing, I can't be too bad because I have noticed that many new members pm me, asking me why the heck there are so many nasty people, just waiting to put the boot in on here. So I must portray something good. At least they can easily identify that I am not judgmental and up my own rear

You only have to look at the newcomers to Dogsey in the last few weeks. How many have been met with nasty, overly judgmental comments and we haven't seen their butts for dust. Shameful I'd say. That people judge and make assumptions on somebody, before they've even given them a chance!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I can't comment on that selected part of CC's post - this was before i joined the forum so don't know the full scenario, all i know is that since i joined its plain as day who the antagonists are and i'm sure new posters would agree, like the girl who asked for advice recently and got shot down in flames, incidentally i have not seen her on here since !

As i said to someone else on here recently "its not what you say its the way you say it" - i think some need to read back their posts before sending them sometimes
Thanks for your support GreyhoundK You are another truly great member of Dogsey

Like I said to Jessica, yes I did say those things to three members but I don't regret saying it. It was long overdue imo. I am just sad that Spot had to bring it up and create a whole load of trouble again. That's Spot though

She's turned a thread about "responsibility" into a thread about how terrible I am to have said such things Anyone that "knows" me on here will know that I wouldn't resort to that without provokation so those who like to use it as a way to have a go, feel free, have a ball! I couldn't care less. I said what I said, now GET OVER IT, to those that have a problem with it

Thanks again GreyhoundK. You're a star Like me, you don't like to see the bullies win. In my case, they won't. The only way I'll leave Dogsey is if I'm banned and that's not likely to happen whilst I put certain members on "IGNORE" - best place for them I wouldn't give people like that the time of day in real life, in fact, I'd cross the road to avoid them, so why let them into my home via my PC
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Thank you, Jessica. I could say exactly the same for you

I did say the comments quoted in Spots post. They were on a CM thread (a few weeks back - it was locked) and I had the three of those people mocking and even resorting to saying that Chihuahuas were aggressive (even though that had nothing to do with the post - what about "deed not breed" and all that). I just thought, let them have a view of not only what I think of them but a few other members that have been at the receiving end of their bullying. So there it was. I'd expected that I might get a temporary ban or even banned completely. I didn't but maybe that was because I had been reporting their posts, leading up to the post where I told them my views

Anyway, thanks for being so kind about me Jessica. It's people like you that keep me on this forum (much to the upset of others )

What I will say about myself on Dogsey: Yes, I can be a bit OTT at times. One thing I can't stand though, is people who think they are "above" others, that think they know everything, that bully others and that are unwelcoming to newcomers, even though those people sometimes are clearly in need of help/advice; not being judged. I have no time for such people and I make no secret of it. Those that have a problem with me, hit the ignore button. I strongly recommend it. Since I've started to do that, I get less wound up and enjoy Dogsey so much more

One last thing, I can't be too bad because I have noticed that many new members pm me, asking me why the heck there are so many nasty people, just waiting to put the boot in on here. So I must portray something good. At least they can easily identify that I am not judgmental and up my own rear

You only have to look at the newcomers to Dogsey in the last few weeks. How many have been met with nasty, overly judgmental comments and we haven't seen their butts for dust. Shameful I'd say. That people judge and make assumptions on somebody, before they've even given them a chance!

Awwww, group hug

I think that although there are a minority of bullies on the forum (and they are a minority, they just post WAY more than everyone else and in every thread going ) on the whole the members of this forum are friendly and put the interests of the dogs first and try not to be judgemental. It is human nature to be judgemental. It is human nature also to attack when under attack, hence why i prefer the polite approach when im trying to give advice. I guess we just have to try to ignore the bullies wherever possible. As with spiteful children in school, if you ignore them and at least pretend they are not getting to you, they will soon disappear.

It is a shame for new members that they are welcomed by such spiteful posts though. When i first joined years ago i was made to feel SO welcome. I had some problems which the members of dogsey were very helpful (not judgemental) about and i made mistakes which were pointed out politely but bluntly. Yes, it annoyed me at the time but i soon realised they were right Had they just gone straight on the attack (for example, insulting my breed - How RUDE?!?!) then i'd have never come back here... i think thats what happens now. we get a lot of new members, but how many are actually sticking around after the initial "welcomes"? I dont know, but it doesnt seem to be too many That might be something the moderating team could look at?? I dont know, maybe im just missing the new members posts But for such a large forum in terms of membership, there are relatively few posts compared to similar sized forums....
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I think there is a definate gang culture on here, and as I said in an earlier post if you disagree with any points they harrass you until you give up, I've never seen such pedantic bullying behavior and yet they don't see it at all, but the rest of us know who they are, usually these type of threads are locked because the original point has been lost and it has become personal. I have to say although I have different veiws sometimes to CC I admire the way she stands up to the bullies, I have read posts in the past where I have been appalled by the behaviour of some people, and I have noticed new members not trying again , but its probably pointless trying to get certain people to look at their behaviour and the way they come across because they really don't see it, I don't like bullies in real life or on forums, and I know they don't think of themselves as bullies, but that is what they are.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Awwww, group hug

I think that although there are a minority of bullies on the forum (and they are a minority, they just post WAY more than everyone else and in every thread going ) on the whole the members of this forum are friendly and put the interests of the dogs first and try not to be judgemental. It is human nature to be judgemental. It is human nature also to attack when under attack, hence why i prefer the polite approach when im trying to give advice. I guess we just have to try to ignore the bullies wherever possible. As with spiteful children in school, if you ignore them and at least pretend they are not getting to you, they will soon disappear.

It is a shame for new members that they are welcomed by such spiteful posts though. When i first joined years ago i was made to feel SO welcome. I had some problems which the members of dogsey were very helpful (not judgemental) about and i made mistakes which were pointed out politely but bluntly. Yes, it annoyed me at the time but i soon realised they were right Had they just gone straight on the attack (for example, insulting my breed - How RUDE?!?!) then i'd have never come back here... i think thats what happens now. we get a lot of new members, but how many are actually sticking around after the initial "welcomes"? I dont know, but it doesnt seem to be too many That might be something the moderating team could look at?? I dont know, maybe im just missing the new members posts But for such a large forum in terms of membership, there are relatively few posts compared to similar sized forums....

Awww, can't beat a group hug

Yes, Jessica, you make some very valid points in your post. Admin do have a very hard task on a Forum with so many members but, I bet if they looked at say the last 10 members that joined Dogsey and looked at how they were "welcomed", the news as a 'friendly dog forum', would not be good! I've seen people jumped on for their spelling/grammar, which is, in my opinion, rude and disgusting. Okay, there are rules regarding spelling/grammar but let the person settle in a bit before they get humiliated. Also, if spelling/grammar needs pointing out, it should be done by a Mod/Admin, not a Member

I stick my neck out for the new members that are "jumped" on. Obviously it doesn't do my popularity any favours! I don't mind that though. It's only the bullies that would have a problem with me being kind and welcoming, so do I give a fig what they think of me - NO I do not
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I think there is a definate gang culture on here, and as I said in an earlier post if you disagree with any points they harrass you until you give up, I've never seen such pedantic bullying behavior and yet they don't see it at all, but the rest of us know who they are, usually these type of threads are locked because the original point has been lost and it has become personal. I have to say although I have different veiws sometimes to CC I admire the way she stands up to the bullies, I have read posts in the past where I have been appalled by the behaviour of some people, and I have noticed new members not trying again , but its probably pointless trying to get certain people to look at their behaviour and the way they come across because they really don't see it, I don't like bullies in real life or on forums, and I know they don't think of themselves as bullies, but that is what they are.
Well said, Mum to Many. I agree, those that are bullies cannot see it at all. That is why this thread is good, in my opinion. Perhaps it will spell it out to them, or perhaps they are too blind to see themselve for what they are, I don't know!

I disagree with many people on here, yet there is only a few that I have a problem with. I was brought up in the East End of London and bullies are not tolerated in a place like that. Perhaps that's why I am good at standing up to lowlife bullies. I can give as good as I get in real life and on Forums. I don't enjoy it though. I'd like Dogsey to be a wonderful, happy place but these "cliques" seem to be spoiling it.

I enjoy so much, reading the wolfy threads. I never even knew this breed existed before joining Dogsey (the NIs/BIs I'm talking about). I find the breed fascinating but I can't learn anything on Dogsey, because every thread (virtually) turns into a witch hunt! It's appalling behaviour. These bullies always stand behind the "its a Forum, I have a right to my opinion" but it goes too far

Anyway, if nothing else, this thread has confirmed who I thought was like-minded and who support the bullies. Very helpful indeed

I think my "ignore" list is going to be getting very long indeed
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

Dont bother to reply to this Lionhound. I made a pact with myself after that incident (that Spot has very cleverly brought up to stir up loads of trouble) that in future, anybody that I would not give the time of day to in real life, I will put on "ignore" so you, my fellow member can consider yourself "ignored"!
Do you really feel it is your right to tell people which thread to reply to?

I am quite happy to be on your ignore list as the your 'chip on your shoulder 'is in danger of becoming a fish supper it is so larger

There is never any reason to be insulting and I mean this for every member not just people I disagree with (including myself) anything else would be double standards but hey maybe that is just me.

To be honest there are a lot of double standards being shown in this thread, very sad
Page 8 of 32 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »