Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Whilst I see what you are saying, I would say that yes, lately there is a real sensitivity creeping in and I'm not sure why. As soon as anyone posts something someone doesn't agree with all hell breaks loose. People seem to be very touchy. There was a thread today where advice was asked for and offered...and becuase the OP didn't like some of the advice it got all horrid. It's really sad.
Ramble, I read that whole thread in one go (haven't been on all day). I can say that yes, some people offered some good advice. However, some were very judgmental and came across as Primary School Teachers talking to a five year old. I'd have felt exactly the same as the OP on that thread. She asked for advice and the next thing being told she's lucky not to be having the DDA chucked at her. OTT in my opinion (I assume we are talking about the same thread )

With regard to people being sensitive lately, I don't think that's the case. From what I hear, there has been some unkind stuff going on for a while, it's just that it's being talked about now, is all I think that's a good thing. It may make certain people think before they "judge" so quickly and harshly
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Ramble, I read that whole thread in one go (haven't been on all day). I can say that yes, some people offered some good advice. However, some were very judgmental and came across as Primary School Teachers talking to a five year old. I'd have felt exactly the same as the OP on that thread. She asked for advice and the next thing being told she's lucky not to be having the DDA chucked at her. OTT in my opinion (I assume we are talking about the same thread )

With regard to people being sensitive lately, I don't think that's the case. From what I hear, there has been some unkind stuff going on for a while, it's just that it's being talked about now, is all I think that's a good thing. It may make certain people think before they "judge" so quickly and harshly
Thanks CC It seems now to be the trend on here to accuse people of being "sensitive" as though that in itself were a crime, if you stand up against the bullies.There are bullies on here, I've been looking at their profiles, most of them already have referrals you don't get those for nothing, some have more than one, but they obviously still think its acceptable to gang up and keep repeating the same mantra over and over, that in itself is bullying behavior I was looking at thier profiles with great interest , I and others know whow they are and they are indeed very sad little people,if the worst they can do is to accuse me and others of being oversensative, fine, I'll take my personality over theirs any day of the week.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
There are bullies on here, I've been looking at their profiles, most of them already have referrals you don't get those for nothing, some have more than one, but they obviously still think its acceptable to gang up and keep repeating the same mantra over and over, that in itself is bullying behavior
I always assumed 'referrals' were where people had seen a link to Dogsey on a members own website and then joined up via that link, not that they were anything negative.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
I always assumed 'referrals' were where people had seen a link to Dogsey on a members own website and then joined up via that link, not that they were anything negative.
Yes you are correct Greyhawk It means that someone has joined using your referral link
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Infractions is what she meant as if you didn't already know
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Actually, no I didn't know hence why I was slightly confused, as far as I am aware you can't see infractions in people's profiles - can you?

You really don't need to take such a hostile tone with people.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I guess this thread has gone way off topic again
Meg
Supervisor

17-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Ramble I also think the majority of members contribute a lot to the site and do so politely and with good grace. When reading the negative comment of a couple of people one could be lead to believe the reverse is true, if this is the case why do those who complain so much about other members stay here. Could it be they have tried other sites and found the things they complain about here happen there too and doesn't that say a lot about them, their attitude and ability to get along with other people.

Pidge I fear you are letting the negative comments of a couple of people unduly influence you. If you post a thread asking for help expect to get all kinds of replies some of which you may not like, it is up to you to decide which replies to take and which to dismiss. If you think someone has been rude to you report the post and Admin will look at all the factors and decide if any action is required.

Your comments sadden me because I think they do a disservice to the many people who have worked hard to build up this site and have put in countless hours of their time so that people like you have somewhere to seek advice and assurance about their dogs.
Not being rude but i think thats a very biased point of view - i would have thought you would be more neutral considering you are a moderator.
Hi Greyhound which part of my post do you consider to be biased?

I am a member of the site as well as a moderator and am permitted to post in threads. If you consider any part of my post is at fault please free to report it to Admin for assessment.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Well all of it really - considering your a moderator i'm surprised you are permitted to show such a biased opinion against members - i would have thought being a moderator would require being neutral, i thought a moderators job was to moderate and step in when discussions are getting particularly heated or off topic - and only then to remind people to get back on track.......with respect. And quite frankly i wouldn't waste my time reporting to admin, i just couldn't be bothered tbh .

Never been on a forum before so this is all relatively new to me - and its not "a couple of negative members" is it ? its quite a few actually. Like i said its not what is said its the way its said - no prob with people giving advice but many see it as an opportunity to unecessarily criticise - i'm sure as a moderator you must observe this going on just as i and others have observed its always the same old faces doing the criticising
Meg
Supervisor

17-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Thanks CC It seems now to be the trend on here to accuse people of being "sensitive" as though that in itself were a crime, if you stand up against the bullies.There are bullies on here, I've been looking at their profiles, most of them already have referrals you don't get those for nothing, some have more than one, but they obviously still think its acceptable to gang up and keep repeating the same mantra over and over, that in itself is bullying behaviour I was looking at their profiles with great interest , I and others know whow they are and they are indeed very sad little people,if the worst they can do is to accuse me and others of being oversensative, fine, I'll take my personality over theirs any day of the week.
do you know this to be the case Greyhound ?

Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Actually, no I didn't know hence why I was slightly confused, as far as I am aware you can't see infractions in people's profiles - can you?

You really don't need to take such a hostile tone with people.
Some very odd comments here not quite sure what is going on. Infractions are a matter for Admin and not usually discussed on the forums..
Page 16 of 32 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »