Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
the needle gauge we use(and most vets) is tiny,the reason the scruff is used is becuse of the loose skin and less nerves,it is injected sub-cut and not into the muscle( we also have some very small pups )and if the vet thought it was the reason i dont see why they wouldnt of agreed with you
anyhow,im glad all pups have recovered well!! enjoy
Maybe so they couldn't be blamed? I don't know, don't you agree that is a bit too coincidental considering it happened only twice and both times were after the jabs?
I do admit though he is a wimp! That's why he's not getting his microchip until he's castrated, much less pain for him!

Maybe you can help answer a question (though I know slight OT) - our vets told us that all vaccines contain the same amount of dosage no matter what the size of the puppy? Surely a Chihuahua puppy doesn't need the same dose as a Great Dane for example? Just confused me!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gina&Jaz View Post
Maybe so they couldn't be blamed? I don't know, don't you agree that is a bit too coincidental considering it happened only twice and both times were after the jabs?
I do admit though he is a wimp! That's why he's not getting his microchip until he's castrated, much less pain for him!

Maybe you can help answer a question (though I know slight OT) - our vets told us that all vaccines contain the same amount of dosage no matter what the size of the puppy? Surely a Chihuahua puppy doesn't need the same dose as a Great Dane for example? Just confused me!
i would also advise the m/c when he's castrated,poor wee lad,even i (meanie,no.not really)think the m/c needle looks brutal!
re the vac dose,yes they do!! but youve got me on that one lol(not even crossed my mind in 18years of nursing )but i dont think any vacs human or otherwise are done dosed by bodyweight,your not treating something,your boosting the immune system.
but i will find out for you in the morning if you like?
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:14 PM
If it's no problem I'd be very interested to know the answer! Thank you.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:16 PM
no probs will do,i'l pm you
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2009, 12:23 AM
It is very true about the same amount of vaccine being given to a Chi as a large breed dog It is a big worry! I don't vaccinate my babies until they are 10 weeks. I only ever had one pup vacc'd earlier and she became very ill.

When Phoebe had her vaccs, she was very tender around the neck area for about two days and again after her second vacc. Have never noticed it with any of the other pups though. My Vet actually warns me that they may be a bit tender around the neck, when I take them for vaccs.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2