Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Dire Rear!

I have often read posts on here about your dogs with diarrhoea and thanked my lucky stars that Mo has never suffered with this affliction.
This afternoon I had to go to the hospital and when I got back my nice pink bedroon carpet was a nasty shade of brown
She seems fine and she has eaten her tea ok. I will have to see how she goes.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Awww poor Mo, and your carpet of course!!

She may have eaten something that disagreed with her at some point. Monty gets it from time to time.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm wondering if she found something manky in the woods
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Don't you have any Pro-Kolin+ paste? I always keep that in the cupboard, just in case. I find it really good. Hopefully, she won't need it but you can order it online (much cheaper than at the Vets) if you need to.

Shame about the carpet! Hope the stain comes out for you.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh poor Mo.
Hope she is okay. Hopefully it's a one off. Try giving her a spoon of natural yoghurt..it is a probiotic so helps to sort the gut out if things are amiss. When Tango was ill recently we were concerned Cosmo was starting and the vet said rather than give antyibiotics just to carry on with the natural yoghurt and bland food (chicken and rice) as we'd already started...and see how it went. Touch wood he was fine. May be worth a go if you have any in?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Bless her. Hope she's ok Jenny xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Don't you have any Pro-Kolin+ paste? I always keep that in the cupboard, just in case. I find it really good. Hopefully, she won't need it but you can order it online (much cheaper than at the Vets) if you need to.

No, I have never needed anything like that but I will bear it in mind, thanks.
Hubby's been on his kness tackling the carpet cos I still can't get down there

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh poor Mo.
Hope she is okay. Hopefully it's a one off. Try giving her a spoon of natural yoghurt..it is a probiotic so helps to sort the gut out if things are amiss. When Tango was ill recently we were concerned Cosmo was starting and the vet said rather than give antyibiotics just to carry on with the natural yoghurt and bland food (chicken and rice) as we'd already started...and see how it went. Touch wood he was fine. May be worth a go if you have any in?
There has been no more since so hopefully it was a one off. I can get some yoghurt quite easily if nec.

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Bless her. Hope she's ok Jenny xx
Thanks Jackie, she seems fine at the moment.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I have often read posts on here about your dogs with diarrhoea and thanked my lucky stars that Mo has never suffered with this affliction.
This afternoon I had to go to the hospital and when I got back my nice pink bedroon carpet was a nasty shade of brown
She seems fine and she has eaten her tea ok. I will have to see how she goes.
poor girl
i havnt read the other posts,so sorry if im going over old ground,but,i wouldnt of given her her dinner(a bit late now,i know )d+ is a sign of the gut working overtime,feeding her is adding 'fuel to the fire' as they say i wouldnt be too surprised if more is to come,if that is the case and she is otherwise bright inherself,i would rest her belly over 24hours(no food!) just water,then boil her skinless chicken and feed her 4 small portions throughout the day,if it doesnt start improving after that,i would advise a trip to the vet
good luck
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks Layla, actually hubby had done it before I realised what he was doing.
Thanks for telling me there is more to come I am hoping it is a one off but I have some chicken and rice for her tomorrow then we will see how she goes.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post

canigest is also great,my dogs love it
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh poor Mo.
please remember when cooking rice for dogs it has to be OVERCOOKED or they find it hard to break down.
lacto-b,potexin profesional are probiotics(natural yoghurt too,but the effects take slightly longer to take effect and it doesnt suit SOME dogs bellys )
canigest and pro-kaolin have pro biotic and 'binding' agents also
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >