Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maddies mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Doggy snobbery

I'm so mad. I have just tried to book my gorgeous girl into a boarding kennel for a weekend later this year and they refused to take her because she is a "mongrel" I hate that word!! They only take pedigree dogs as I quote" mongrels are unpredictable and settle less well than pedigree dogs"

I was so angry I could barely speak but when I did I let them know what I thought about their complete ignorance regarding dogs.
Has anyone else come across this blatant doggy snobbery or am I just unlucky?
I have had various dogs in the past pedigree and mixed breed and have never encountered this attitude before.
Sorry to rant but I'm soooooooo mad!!!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:41 AM
OMG what a*******s.
What a ridiculous statement
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm not surprised that you're ranting.

But, think of it as a lucky escape - if they have this mindset, they're not the right people to look after you're dog.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:44 AM
If you want revenge contact your local paper and get them to run a story! That'll dent their income a tad me thinks!
Becky
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If you want revenge contact your local paper and get them to run a story! That'll dent their income a tad me thinks!
Becky
ooh Becky your evil! LOL
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by maddies mum View Post
I'm so mad. I have just tried to book my gorgeous girl into a boarding kennel for a weekend later this year and they refused to take her because she is a "mongrel" I hate that word!! They only take pedigree dogs as I quote" mongrels are unpredictable and settle less well than pedigree dogs"

I was so angry I could barely speak but when I did I let them know what I thought about their complete ignorance regarding dogs.
Has anyone else come across this blatant doggy snobbery or am I just unlucky?
I have had various dogs in the past pedigree and mixed breed and have never encountered this attitude before.
Sorry to rant but I'm soooooooo mad!!!
Stupid people find a decent kennels who don't discriminate, I can honestly say I've never heard anything so stupid.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Well I've heard it all now! As Hali said, think of it as a lucky escape cause there's no way you want such idiots taking care of your fur baby! Agree with Becky too, report them to the local paper! What a bunch of morons
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 11:54 AM
oh my god!!! thats a weird thing to say?!!

i had this on another board before i joined this one, i wanted a white GSD, and was run off the boards as apprantly its not a 'real' gsd.......as are blues and long coats!

only short coat black tan need apply!

so silly!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2008, 12:16 PM
What snobs. I agree with the telling the local papers about them. Do they expect you to produce papers to prove their pedigree when you take them then?

I'd be mad if I was told this.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2008, 12:33 PM
What a dreadful attitude to have, I think you have had a lucky escape. I don't think I would want a dog of mine boarding there if thats there attitude.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »