Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:58 PM

Make-up,

i use maybelline - and its sh1te tbh,,,,, dosent last and costs me 7-8 quid atub - and i use bronzer on the top

really need some new makeup that lasts -obv. its going to come off slightly but literally after 2 hours of applying its off??!!

ive very pale skin, i use 'cameo' in the maybelline range to give you an idea (one up from ivory!)

any reccomendations?

p.s im dying my hair brown later (long story) so im going to look even more washed out....... so need amakeup that lasts with colour!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I have very combination skin lots of blemishes and bits that need to be covered. Over the years I have tried lots of different kinds but the one I use now is MAC. It is expensive but you really get what you pay for. It last practically all day. Has fantastic coverage and blends with you own skin tones. I use a brush to apply mine and I would get the best part of a month out of it. There are lots of different types. I use Studio Tech 37. I have pale skin so does my sister and she has very dark hair. There are different types and if you find a shop that sells it the make up artists are fantastic and will give you lots of advice.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:21 PM
My local pharmacy has been selling L'Oriel (sp) half price to I tried it out.
I have to say I have been impressed and think I will now stick with that.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I use lancome, and I think it looks lovely, and stays on all day... I do have tanned skin, but have had probs with my skin in the past..this foundation covers any marks/blemishes and looks flawless! xxxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by flowisp View Post
I use lancome, and I think it looks lovely, and stays on all day... I do have tanned skin, but have had probs with my skin in the past..this foundation covers any marks/blemishes and looks flawless! xxxxx
thanks

my mum reccomends that as well

think i mite treck down to boots at some point tomorow to see what there is

is that afoundation??

i have spots - which are slowly clearing up,, i havent touched them (honesty)! but some have scarred so i need somthing to cover that up

do i use bronzer with thesee make=ups your suggesting?

tbh if my skin was ok - i wouldn bother with make-up, its just that im so self concious (cause of the way t is)and pale i have no choice
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
My local pharmacy has been selling L'Oriel (sp) half price to I tried it out.
I have to say I have been impressed and think I will now stick with that.
is that the skin match one??

i have tried that as well - made me look orange
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I know how you feel, I had spots at 16 onwards only 2 years ago got sorted, so have a couple of scars near my chin. This really does cover them up... There not too bad, but like you, Im conscious of them!! I dont use a bronzer, but I do have a tanned complexion, but you should perhaps use a light bronzer? Nothing too dark, and just brush it on your cheek bones or your face will look an odd colour...!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I use Virgin Vie One Step Face Base.
It's a compact that you can apply with the sponge or with a brush for lighter coverage.
It is brilliant in that it is base and powder in one and takes literally seconds to do.
As I start work at 7am I need to do my make-up in 5-10mins and as I use this, blusher, eyeshadow and mascara if it wasn't for this brill base I couldn't do it.

It also doesn't upset my very sensitive skin.

You can but it online or from a rep or do what I do and go on Ebay. It comes in lovely blue compacts, good enough to carry in your bag, and you can buy the refills seperately.

I think the rrp is about £14 or £11 for the refill but I get the refills on ebay for £7 or £8.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I am usually a Lancome fan but find their foundations to be a bit heavy.

I'd go for MAC as well...they have a good range of foundations so you should find something to suit.

Or you could try a tinted moisturiser at this time of year...I am currently using an Estee Lauder one and am very impressed with it.

I do use a wee touch of bronzer as well...Benefit's Dallas one has no gold tones in it so is very natural looking and not 'sparkly' like some can be so good for every day wear. Pricey but a little goes a long way and it lasts for ages.

(I'm a bit of a make up junkie, if you hadn't already guessed )
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 08:29 PM
thanks guys

boots tomorow me thinks!!