Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 28 April

Good Morning everyone. The sun is coming up, lets hope it is going to be a fine day.

Eileen have a good trip, don't recall you saying where you were going, Somewhere the sun is shining hopefully. Have a good rest.

Steve had a moan about me spending my money on the GTECH, he said there was nothing wrong with the Dyson, well he is not the one lifting it around. June and Griff I will let you know how I get on with the GTECH. I might store the Dyson away for a rainy day just in case.

Kazz, hope everything goes well for your op.

June hope the girls were good last night, is Mabs still coming indoors at night to keep Cariad company?

Lynn, have a good day, hope the lovely Dillon is ok.

Griff, if you are still losing weight are you still eating ok?Hope the girls are ok.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sun up here to Moyra and feeling warmer than it has done.
If steve hoovered regularly for you you wouldn't have the need for a gtech. Plus like others have voiced it's your money.
Gill and I use to get cross when the boys would say to mum new door why do you want that ? Frankly it's not their business.

Eileen have a lovely holiday hope the bum bag matches the bikini.
Hope everyone else is well and all four legged friends.

Our youngest's birthday today 32.
Him and Maca are coming over tomorrow and the staying the night.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Congratulations Lynn to you and your youngest, many happy returns, I believe he is another Michael like his uncle. Hope you enjoy a lovely birthday celebration with him and Maca tomorrow.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Morning all

Off over to my Aunts today taking the heavyshopping washing powder, squash etc so when I am laid up I know she is okay for that, and just has to get milk bread etc.
Then taking the recycling round to the skip so no issue next week. You know what though loads of people to do this but I hate relying on anyone.

Moyra I am with the majority tell Steve to pull his neck in and your house your rules.Your money you spend it your own way, do you ever tell him how to spend his money.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Sun up here to Moyra and feeling warmer than it has done.
If steve hoovered regularly for you you wouldn't have the need for a gtech. Plus like others have voiced it's your money.
Gill and I use to get cross when the boys would say to mum new door why do you want that ? Frankly it's not their business.

Eileen have a lovely holiday hope the bum bag matches the bikini.
Hope everyone else is well and all four legged friends.

Our youngest's birthday today 32.
Him and Maca are coming over tomorrow and the staying the night.
Happy birthday to your son and have a lovely weekend, anything planned?

And is there something about boys/men/sons that means they seem to think they need to control their mothers spending.........would they have considered it viable to question their Dad's spending I wonder. Definatey a male thing.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Steve spends a fortune on his fish tanks and its weed etc but it is his hobby so I never say anything and in fact sometimes pay for things he needs.

Yes it's a man thing!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Steve spends a fortune on his fish tanks and its weed etc but it is his hobby so I never say anything and in fact sometimes pay for things he needs.

Yes it's a man thing!
Possibly so. We had a gold fish as children. But it was never my thing. You can't take a goldfish for a walk.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone

Happy Birthday to Michael and I hope you all have a good weekend.

I agree with everyone Moyra its up to you what you spend your money on. I am fortunate my sons don't tell me what to do. Barry sometime says do I really need something but we agree we spend our money with joint decision on what we want within reason.

If you read this Eileen and Brenda I hope you both have a lovely break.

Was lovely and sunny first thing but has now clouded over. Washing out on the line and have also done a bit more in the garden.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Morning all
Moyra, i am not positive but doesn't the gtech have a trial period?? if so and it isn't suited to your needs then no harm done, but good point about hanging onto the dyson until you are sure. Hmmm i have never questioned what anyone has spent money on...well i told my bro he was mental buying a 27k car to sit on the drive in london for 5 days a week but other than that i leave people to it
Lynn, happy birthday to michael, have a lovely time tomorrow
Kazz, pleased you are doing all the heavy stuff this week, if you are anything like me if it is there you will do it even if you aren't supposed to
Morning Sue and besoeker
Moyra, yes i am eating, my consultant has put my down for some blood tests before i see him, checking for diabetes i think but my gp has already done that and i am fine. Been abandoned again this weekend, parents headed back to St ives so it's me the poochies and cat..typically dex has decided to get poorly
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Hello all
Hope you all ok, will read through in a mo, need to catch up.
Been to my mum in laws all morning. Took her shopping as her legs aren't good today ( she's got ms) but also to change her gas/electric from prepayment meter to a normal one! She's been in it years all because when my fil was alive he swore it was better cos you can see what your spending even though your charged more for using it. Jean has been putting £90 a month in the gas, more if it's really cold. Rediculous anyway they coming on 18th. I was more worried cos if her legs are bad she can't get out to top up, and if we all at work or away there's no one to do it. Jean is obviously in agreement lol
Right now to read through
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >