Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 07:45 PM

My regular dog walk ....

About 5 times a week I just walk the dogs here on the estate I live on. I took my camera with me early this morning to show you where I go:

Off up the road (where it didn't flood)

The 9 acre field is on the left here

The dogs made a B line for where the horses have been grazing for the past few months.

Out of the field at the top end and left.

Half way along the road there is a small path to the Wey towpath

On to the towpath

I can go either way but by going left I am adjacent to the estate and can walk along for about 1/2 mile to gate back on to our roads.

Some bluebells in the woodland

Flash having to wait for Rucksack to catch up

Left at the top back along side the large field.

I then spotted all these young does in the smaller field on the right

Walking back down towards the dreaded bridge (bin day today hence all the bins everywhere)

Over the white bridge before heading back 1/4 mile along our road

So this is one of my regular walks and it was extra lovely today because of the sun and being so quiet.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 07:49 PM
So lucky,that's a gorgeous place you live..could it be any cleaner? really beautiful.
Loving the pics of the boys,did I see them grazing??
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2014, 07:50 PM
What a lovely place you live, so lucky to have such beauty on your doorstep
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 07:52 PM
WOW Jenny, that looks spectacular, that is nicer than most of our trip out walks LOL

Our walk around our neighborhood is just street walking... poor doglets but mostly we go to the park and walk the trails..

It all looks so green there, hard to imagine all the flooding you had!

Thanks for sharing x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-04-2014, 07:59 PM
That is a lovely walk Jenny.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks girls

It is lovely here and for me it has been good to see it in photos because when you walk in the same area most days you tend to take it for granted. Also you are seeing it at its best .... being spring .... and all the flooding washed the debris and rubbish away. Then all the roads had to be cleaned because of the sewage and silt ..... it doesn't normally look this clean

Yes, Lacey my dogs have spent too much time watching horses graze. They spend most of their walks just looking to see what they can stuff in their mouth ...... deer pooh being their favourite and they are dreadful for going to the other side of the field and finding something foul to roll in.
Buglysprince Thank you
Daisy But I haven't got a beach or the sea anywhere near me
Lynn It was the photos you put up of your lovely walk through that orchard and fields that spurred me on to taking some photos today.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Jenny it's hard to believe only a few weeks ago there was muddy water all over the place . Everywhere is looking beautiful

Flash and Rucksack must be delighted to be rambling around the lanes again
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 09:04 PM
What a beautiful walk you have Jenny, bet your two love it now all the horrible flood water has gone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Jenny it's hard to believe only a few weeks ago there was muddy water all over the place . Everywhere is looking beautiful
Flash and Rucksack must be delighted to be rambling around the lanes again
Thanks Meg, yes its hard to believe its the same place. The only real evidence now is the 'high water' debris that has been left in bushes and the banks of the smaller rivers which have been eroded badly. One of the fields (directly opposite our house) still looks poor but the grass will eventually grow through the silt.

Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
What a beautiful walk you have Jenny, bet your two love it now all the horrible flood water has gone.
Thanks yes they are happy little dogs again. To be honest the floods haven't put us off living here (as we know our house will never flood) on on lovely days like today you forget they ever happened ... and will no doubt happen again.
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2014, 10:01 PM
What a glorious place for a walk and on such a nice day too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >