Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-06-2013, 07:59 PM

Dexter, male Staffie X Terrier, DOB 08

Dexter, Staffie X Terrier, DOB 08 – Gatwick, West Sussex

Homing Requirements: Dexter needs a responsible family who can support Dexter as he continues to improve on meeting dogs outside. Dexter needs a low dog density area and management when meeting dogs that are off lead. He needs responsible ownership to lead him through as he has been kept away from dogs in the past and is learning to accept and relax with them. A secure garden and exit management. Only dog status and no cats. Good with people and children.

His Story: Dexter was found stray and may have been scared by dogs as he is only just beginning to accept and relax around them. Dexter needs a supportive experienced family to carry this forwards. Dexter is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Currently in boarding kennels in the Gatwick, West Sussex area.

Advert: Dexter is a terrific looking dog. He needs a responsible family to settle him and build on his skills. Would suit a family who have had a Staffie before. Dexter was briefly homed from the pound and was housetrained and great around the children but the family wanted an off lead dog. Dexter travels well and is non-demanding.

Dexter is a Staffie X Terrier who is about 4-5 years old. Dexter is beginning to smile and enjoy his walks and so needs a home. He needs a family around him to rebuild his confidence. We are looking for what his family can offer him after a long spell in kennels. He can offer a devoted heart to his family. We've made Dexter smile can you make him laugh!

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-08-2013, 09:40 AM
An update from one of our walking/kennel volunteers:

"Met Dexter today and this was my first walk with him - what a smashing guy,
Didn't pull on the lead at all and sat straight away when a treat was in the offering:

Whilst out we did meet a little JRT coming in the opposite direction and there was no reaction from Dexter at all even when Wasdale had a little yap.

Can't wait to walk him again - an absolute pleasure

Dexter is still available for adoption.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
"Rachel and I took Dexter out for a couple of hours over our local woodland / golf course - One thing we did notice- he seemed to be more at home in the open spaces where he could see what was going on rather than in the middle of the woods:

Here are a few photos from today - he is so photogenic!

Dexter then started to relax after around half an hour of walking:

We met several other dogs and there was no reaction from Dexter - his tail was up all the time and seemed quite relaxed when being in close proximity to them.

Watching the golfers

We then had a run round the cricket pitch.. i'll let you work out who was the most tired:

Tired but very happy

Dexter certainly benefited being away from the kennels for a couple of hours.

Dexter is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2013, 08:11 PM
An update from one of our kennel volunteers:

"My first time walking Dexter and boy have I missed out! He is the most adorable little thing, very affectionate he loves to snuggle right in for a cuddle. Dexter always has his serious face on for photos but he's nothing of the sort, I had no idea he was such a loving boy. He also walked very well with Tia, was very relaxed around her both on and off-lead, and they had a run round the Rottie paddock with me, hopefully we can build on this as all the signs were very encouraging.

Walking Dexter was the highlight of my day, he has an exceptionally lovely nature".

Dexter is still available for adoption!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh Dexter, you arrived just before Valentine's Day and I fully expected to see you in a home by now with your one off good looks!

Lovely to see you again yesterday and please to see you are looking well despite kennel life. Fingers crossed that your home finds you shortly.

Our fluffy Staffie terrier boy ...

[img]
http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/1667018/Dexter+Montage2.jpg[/img]

Dexter is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Dexter a home please complete our homing questionnaire.

If you are able to offer this kennel dog a foster place whether short or long term, please complete our foster questionnaire.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Dexter snuggling up for cuddles after one of our charity walks with Rachel & Tim (two of our volunteers) ...

With Rachel

"Tim and I collected Dexter and Barley for the walk - as always he greeted me with a big sloppy kiss - car boot open he hopped staright in and watched the world go by - not a peep out of him all the way there - he's so good in the car.

On the walk itself along with Barley we also walked with Pepsi and Dexter was happy to lead the way - he was so so good on the walk not reacting to any of the other dogs.

Then it was a well deserved rest and cuddle time:

With Tim

On the way back not a peep from Dexter apart ftom him snoring".

Dexter is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Dexter a home please complete our homing questionnaire on this link.