Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-08-2010, 09:58 PM

Spice, Parson's Jack Russell, DOB 11.09 - Farnham, Surrey

Spice, Parson's Jack Russell, DOB 11.09 - Farnham, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Spice needs a terrier experienced family who are going to respect his needs as a 'working type' terrier and work with him in partnership to build his trust. Spice would do best living with other dogs, but no cats or small furries/feathers.

Spice needs to be around aware adults and needs a non-confrontational approach, ideally distraction, to lead into desired behaviours. Aim: he gains continual approval and 'good boys' shaping his behaviour. If pushed or overexcited he can nip. Not to live or be unsupervised around young children.

His Story: Spice was found stray in April. He was saved from the pound by the kennel owner and terrierrescue have taken on his care and rehoming. He was homed briefly, but couldn't cope with knowing there were caged rats in the house.

Advert: Spice is a super looking terrier who is 'hot' and game for fun. He will create his own entertainment so a sense of humour is required to delight in his antics. Don't take him too seriously or take his mistakes personally. We are looking for a family who really 'get' terriers and understand the main task is to develop Spice's repertoire of skills so he engages in meaningful dialogue rather than resorting to retort. He is by nature extremely loving.

Spice is a easy mixer with dogs and really needs at least one other companion to share his life with and to offer him a role model "stay cool; treat them like this and the cheese pieces just flow”! Spice needs a dog centered family where his needs are foremost, whilst not allowing him to call the tune. He is fun to walk on an extender and as he matures will learn to gauge his excitement levels and feelings of joy. Care should be taken when he meets children inside and outside with his energy kept calm and all contact supervised, as his instincts are still a little feral. Lovely, lovely Spice needs a warm bed of rice to soften and relax on.

"Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:10 PM
An update on Spice from Fran:

"Spice enjoyed walking with my boys today. He was so jumpy and excited when going out, but calmed down after walking for a bit and when we got back to his kennel he was very calm and loved having a stroke. First time I have met Spice and what a lovely boy he is".

Spice is currently in boarding kennels and would benefit from a foster home until his forever home comes along. Can you help?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:10 PM
An update from Janet, one of our lovely volunteers:

"Our group walk to Frensham Ponds

We (Jayne, Kate, Leslie, Martin, Wendy, Olwen and me) decided to take some of the kennel dogs out for a little trip – so we went in a 5 car convoy, expertly lead by Kate, to nearby Frensham Ponds. I think we created a bit of a stir with the regular dog walkers there – I overheard a few people comment on the size of our group and a couple with a very small dog actually stood (at a distance!) to watch and listen as our dogs decided to become a very noisy and not very tuneful canine choir while we tried to eat our lunch.

Apart from a bit of a girlie squabble (dogs, not walkers!) we all had a really good time and it was good for us to see how the dogs interacted with each other and with the general dog walking public, who were out in force yesterday.

Spice came out to play with Milly, Bonny, Cassie, Pebbles and Stan (Starsky)

Wendy walked Spice and he was a very good boy. He got on well with everyone. His recall is amazing! I'm sure Wendy will be writing more about him later.

Some photos of the boy!

Spice and Bonny dashing through the lake at Frensham ..."

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-09-2010, 09:57 PM
An update from Wendy A, one of our volunteer walkers, on Spice ...

"I took Spice out for a lovely long walk with my dogs yesterday afternoon - we had such fun! Spice was so intrigued by my Jack Russell, Bill, that he followed him into the water and ended up swimming until he realised what he was doing and made a quick exit! My Patterdale, Truly, even let him play with her stick - very honoured! Spice is the scrumiest little terrier, he has definitely relaxed since the first time I met him - no hesitation in letting me stroke and cuddle him, in fact he almost begs for fuss now. I love him.

Spice and Truly enjoying a post-swim play!

Final 3 photos I promise! Sorry that none of them are great but I am rubbish at taking photos"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-10-2010, 08:37 AM
An update from Wendy, one of our kennel volunteers:

"I took Spice out again this weekend, it might be my imagination but I don't think he is looking as thin as he was.

Discovered something new about him this weekend, he is absolutely fascinated with cows! Now, as to what his intention would be should he get close enough who knows, but my best guess would be to be a typical litte terrorist and chase! He certainly made his best effort to squeeze his body through the stock fencing while I was reeling his lead in! Over the weekend we went past the cows several times and he did calm down although still wanted to go and investigate them. I tried to explain that drawing the attention of a big shaggy highland cow with massive horns probably wasn't conducive to a long and happy life!!

Still adore him"!

Spice enjoying his walk -

Spice is still available for foster until his forever home comes along. Are you able to help him?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Awww Spice is lovely, here's hoping a forever home is found very soon xxxxxxxxxxxx
Indie85
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Spice looks lovely bless him

Hey, I think I know Wendy and Truly
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:40 PM
An update from Wendy, one of our walking volunteers, who has been putting in a little extra time with Spice:

“I've had lots of 'Spice time' over the last few days - I took Friday off work and went up to walk the Farnham dogs so walked him then. I absconded with him as soon as the kennels opened on Saturday morning, lovely, lovely, long walk with my dogs, my friend’s dogs and a few randoms! We then went for a drive to Pets at Home, bought the obligatory pigs ears etc and then went home. It was pouring with rain and I couldn't bear the thought of taking Spice back to the kennels so he came home with me and my mutts for the afternoon. He was a little superstar. He did try to hump my Jack Russell, but my Patterdale soon put a stop to that. It was actually really good to see that Spice backed down straight away when put in his place by the boss dog! He investigated the garden thoroughly, found a long abandoned Peppa Pig football and decided to race around with it until it deserved to die, which it did remarkably quickly as you can see from the photos - he was so proud of himself! We then settled on the sofa for a cuddle. Eventually the time came when I had to return him, so I settled him back into the kennel with some treats and a big kiss.

Sunday morning came and once again I went and picked him up - went for another long walk, this time on Hankley Common for just over 2 hours; he met cyclists, runners, dogs and horses and was a really good boy. As with the cows met on previous walks he didn't quite understand what the horses were - very scary for a little dog! Then back to the kennel, he couldn't come home with me as I had to go and pick someone up from the airport, but at least it was sunny and he went back in quite happily.

I forgot to say that he seemed to be completely house trained which is amazing when you consider his age and the time he has spent in kennels - what a little superstar”!

Here he is watching X Factor......

It's difficult to take photos when every time you move so does he! So here is my hand and Spice!

Spice is currently in boarding kennels and available for foster until his forever home comes along. Can you foster him? Can you adopt him?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
An update from Kate on the handsome boy:

“Wendy walked Spice today with myself and Benny. Here are some photos of the lovely chap. He really is so handsome and so well behaved”.

Spice with Benny:

[b]Spice is waiting patiently with his paws crossed for someone to adopt him. He is also available for foster until his forever home comes along. Could you foster him? Could you offer him a forever home?

If you are interested in re-homing Spice please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Don’t think there is anyone out there that doesn’t think Spice is handsome - what a cheeky little face. Still can’t believe he is still here in rescue …

Spice would love to see in the New Year in a foster home until his forever home comes along. Are you able to foster him?

If you think you could foster Spice then please complete our Fostering questionnaire online via our website.

If you are interested in re-homing Spice please complete our homing questionnaire online, also via our website, so that we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >