Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread (Monday)

Good morning everyone, still pitch black outside not sure if it is raining or not. Amber's just eating her breakfast so not quite ready to go out. Just a week until the night and daylight start to change back again, roll on. My daffodils are going to be out for Christmas, just cannot hold them back. There are different varieties in there so not all of them are so far forward.

Harvey shouldn't laugh at your exploits with Casey but I can understand you being furious. Bet Casey has forgotten it already.

Griff, glad you dad got home in time to take you for your scan and I think you did well to hold out that long without eating the pringles and still some left, cannot be bad.

June, glad there was no blood let at your friends home. Dogs who'd have them, we are all suckers for them aren't we.

Lyn, Hope Dillon's paw is better today poor lad.

Nippy Jen, glad your second cake came out ok and is there any left, I ask?

Popster glad you got your result you wanted from the x Factor I never watch it myself or Strictly. I tend to watch programmes like Monkey World and POGs.

LG, and Norma hope all is well up there north of border in your case and the Moor in yours LG. Take care.

Brenda, I think that is a good idea if you feel like giving some training advice. I think Amber at 4 is now set into her naughty ways of telling me what she wants and when!

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Getting light here now and just seen Gorden off for his last week in London for two weeks.
Dillon woke me at 6 worrying round the paw so came down got some cheese and piriton and he is now settled again may also give him some rhus tox today in case its pain. It seems to be mostly the whole paw he is worrying round. The other 3 seem fine.
Not off his food though so can't be all bad.

I have seen lots of daffs etc., coming up in gardens when Dillon and I are on our walks Moyra.
Oh dear griff just couldn't resist the pringles. Glad the fire stick is now working.
Harvey what can I say about Casey.
Eeeewwwwww LG you skinned a stoat down the other end of the fine dining table ?
June that could of been a dreadful outcome so glad it wasn't.

Here the photos of Dillon's bed Harvey. He then has his quilt on it.
It was a lot cheaper than most I looked at £80 something pounds this one.

Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Good morning Moyra and all to follow
Hope you and Amber are doing ok today how lovely to have daffs out in time for Christmas
Griff enjoy the rest of the Pringles today
Lynn hope Dillon's paw /arthritis is better
Tw hope the backs holding up
Nippy ,Mandy hope your both well
Lg sorry to disappoint no real tree just one of those fibre optic ones gave up a few years ago
Mr Fritz's horrified look at a tree being erected in his house
What on earth was his humans thinking of Trees were only for outside to cock your leg on
Madness and mayhem yesterday afternoon both daughters turned up plus theire pups (Tiny Tim (Finn)& Nina ) 6months old now .you can well imagine there ginormous compared to the bumble snout was soo glad when normal service was resumed :
Had a fair dollop of snow in the evening which of course was great fun as a certain little git wouldn't come back inside
All in all an eventful day hopefully a quiet on to day locking forward to a same old same old
Have a great day everyone what ever you all get up to
Take care stay safe xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Morning all.
The cake has disappeared Moyra, although I must admit I ate the last slice before bed last night
Lynn Dillons bed looks so comfy, I could sleep on that myself especially in front of that fire!
Morning Norma, My tree is fibre optic too. I love anything sparkly and shiny! Dare I say I envy you your snow
Present wrapping today
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Morning all. Tip of the week: If you have a tree and you think it will fall over with the dog rushing around, put a hook in the corner of the ceiling and tether the tree to it with fishing line. Can't be seen and stops the tree from falling over. If you have a bell that tinkles then put this at the lower level and then when it rings you know someone is up to mischief.
A dog out of sight is normally up to something. lol!!
Have a good day all. Still coughing but not as bad. I am looking forward to the Lancing Village Market on Saturday. Hope the weather stays dry. No training so can go to this one. Do you have markets where you live?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 09:05 AM
OOOH Jenny that cake didn't last long did it@ Bit like Griff's pringles. Must admit have been buying in the chocolate yule logs and Steve devours them with rich cream as soon as I get them. Hope we shall still have some left for Christmas though.

Norma, that must have been a house full with your daughters' puppies. Must have been mayhem for a while.

Lynn, Dillon's bed looks lovely and comfy shame he doesn't use it much.

Have a good day all, Brenda hope you enjoy the Lancing village Market.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Hehe Moyra nothing lasts long in this house and to be fair there were 5 of us and she did take a large slice home for her sister who couldn't make it here yesterday.

Edited to say, great tips Brenda
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Good morning

Hope your gaffs survive the winter Myra. There are some in gardens round here but mine are only just popping through. Lol at Steve eating the chocolate logs before Christmas. I have to buy one for eldest son he doesn't like Christmas cake but will eat Christmas pudding until it comes out of his ears so figure that one out!

Love Dillon's bed, might just steal it for myself

Isn't it nice when the pups enjoy the snow that recall goes out of the window.

Good tip there Brenda but mine is in the conservatory so quite safe.

Glad the cake went down well Nippy.

Brightening up here now. Teazle walked, been into the post office to collect the undelivered parcels for OH collected his prescription but the chemist doesn't have the items in. If they are not in by lunch time tomorrow may have to try another chemist as he will need them by Wednesday morning.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Dull and grey here this morning. Alun just arrived to put the bathroom flooring down, was about to get girls out, think they won't be going now as got all sorts going on here, massive piece of wood, to go under the flooring, now leaning against the roll of kitchen flooring, so entry in here is somewhat restricted
Nippy, cake sounds lovely, next one you make save a slice for me (a big slice please)
Sue hoping you get Barry's meds because the worst time of the year for things like this.
Brenda, doubt the tree will be going up this year, but you never know do you. Girls are quite good with trees actually, but can imagine 3 babies tearing around your house Norma, miracle you are sane after that.
Lucky Dillon having a lovely bed like that smack in front of the fire, have thought of a memory foam mattress for myself but everyone says you get really hot, so thats put me off them. Gorden now on count down for Christmas eh, is the last week quite slow for him or is he mad busy, hoping he gets to do a day at home perhaps.
Better get the kettle on for Alun, keep him busy
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Yep it is usually me that knocks it over by throwing a toy for Tyto to fetch. I got the idea from my brother who tied the tree when his kittens climbed his. I wonder if the liking for Christmas pudd is because it is warm?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »