View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 11:59 PM

Is 'More Than' a good insurance company?

Hey, i was just wondering what the thoughts are on more than for pet insurance? anyone with previous experience, good or bad? i have got a good quote for jake. its £10.39 for the lifetime cover. are they a good choice?

thanks for any help

lauren
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 12:23 PM
hiya

I am with more than for Bruno and have been for the last 6 years, I am stuck with them, as we discovered his hip dysplacia after insuring with them. I have always found them very helpful, very polite, very prompt with payment and relatively ok price wise, ours has gone up over the last few years - I am paying £20.99 per month and I started off paying £10, but that was 6 years ago and we have claimed for over £1000 worth of treatment in one year so dont think its too bad.

I would recommend them to anyone as have never had a problem with them.

hth
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 01:55 PM
thanks brundog the guy i spoke to on the phone was very helpful and as jake is a crossbreed (border collie x labrador x rottweiler, we think) he put in each breed as a cross seperately to see what came out the cheapest (border collie x). the price is really good for everything thats included, especially comparing it to petplan who he is with just now but just coz he got a free month with the sspca.

lauren
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Some insurance companies do not cover for reoccuring illness. So before taking out any insurance it is something you need to check, or they have a lifetime insurance policy up to a certain age limit usually around 9/10 years old.

Petplan don't have these restrictions as a matter of interest.

Realspeed
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I almost went with more than until I realised the excess was plus a % of the bill, which could add a fair whack to what you pay- I went with argos in the end.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2009, 05:48 AM
They do hike their premiums significantly once your dog reaches 6 years old as an average.
ChickDastardly
New Member!
Female 

06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm with more than and have never had a problem with them, the customer service has always been great and they've paid claims with no horror stories to tell you!

But I'm currently considering moving over to another company as the premiums have quite pretty high as my dog's got older, and I thought it worth shopping around to see what else is out there.

Haven't decided whether to swap or stay yet though