Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:51 AM

Shopping Delivered?

Anyone used Supermarket Home Delivery?
As OH in Hospital next week and I dont drive, all supermarket miles away, so thought I would give this Home delivery a go, just finished ordering etc, just have to wait til next week for Delivery
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:55 AM
My sister and her hubby use Tesco.
They do their shopping online, and get it delivered!
They hardly ever go to a supermarkert!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2005, 09:34 AM
I have used it in the past and it is great, however the one I use has a minimum order of £25 which to be honest isn't a great deal,but when you're on your own and need just normal weekly shop it is bit of a bummer.

Ian
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 09:58 AM
yeh ive used tesco online shopping
They deliver on time and everythin, but im not keen on it cos i always forget things,lol. Its easier when u can actually see the ailes (sp)
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2005, 10:08 AM
We've used Tesco several times and it's always been fine. The one thing you can't do is buy things according to their best before date as you can in the supermarket (so you don't have 2 dinners go off on the same day idea). We live on the third floor and they've always taken it up.

Graeme

Edited to say: once we noticed there was a 2 for the price of 1 marked on something but it wasn't on the website as such so we had to pay for both. Gave them a phone and they refunded us no problem.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I use tesco on-line as I hate shopping in supermarket's I get trolley rage Always find them to be great. Waitrose are also fab but a bit more expensive.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi there, used to use Sainsbury's online but wouldn't recommend it - only from personal experience, someone else might have had a good experience.

They would substitute food that they ran out of so you'd end up with stuff you really didn't want, and on occasion their produce would arrive soggy like lettuce leaves.

The call centre trying to get refunds etc was a bit of a nightmare.

But I think if you chose a good one, sounds like Tescos are doing well, then it does save so much time and hassle - totally recommend supermarket shopping online for that purpose alone, one less thing to worry about.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:44 AM
We normally get heavy stuff, and cleaning products online, but I would avoid ordering fruit and veg online... like Ingrid says they don't normally pick the nicest stuff
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the tips - As I said this is only a one off as OH in Hospital next week.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2005, 11:24 AM
My mum uses Asda's online shopping when she cant get to Asda no problems with it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >