Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I totally agree with everyones view that death was envitable so best to end it quickly,but still dont think i could do it myself to a pet.I have done plenty of shooting in my time (rabbit,pheasant,pidgeon etc) and im not overly sentimental about death,but these were all destined for the dinner table and not lifelong pets which to me makes a difference.

Reading Becs post was very enlightening about the bravery of the act and i now agree with you.Thanks Becs!

I agree with you pet is a part of you i canīt understand what some people think ?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Not a good day........
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by jake
Just another reminder of why I prefer anmals to people. Sorry to hear you witnessed that Steve
I must agree i always thought i was a bit strange, but i totally agree.

mandie
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 09:20 PM
So sorry Steve, what an awful thing to have to go through.
x
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 09:28 PM
aw how very sad steve, not even to stop his van and check the cat i could never kill any off my pets, just couldnt,
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 09:37 PM
oh no steve, poor cat, but your a loely man for stopping and staying behind xx
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 09:48 PM
When I was about 12 and I was waiting for the school bus my cat came over to say hi to us then she ran into the road and a guy in a car just hit her ,it was her fault but the guy didnt slow down or even stop after hitting her right while we were there ,me and my sister just ran in to the road to get her and put our arms up to stop any other cars hitting her ,she looked like she was dead she just lay there not moving with her legs up in the air ,we took her into the house and kept her warm and after a while she came round and started pooing herself ,we got her to the vets and amazingly she was only in shock and bruised as she rolled when she was hit and that took most of the impact even though the guy must have been doing between 40 - 50 mph ,but I was so mad at the guy for not stopping I was in shock all day myself and crying half the day ,it made it all even worse the guy driving on like nothing had happened

I would find it very hard to have to put an animal out of its suffering ,but I find it strange that this woman wanted this done without even seeing how badly the cat was injured ,I wonder if she just didnt was to spend money at the vets ?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
oh no steve, poor cat, but your a loely man for stopping and staying behind xx
I stayed and fussed the cat Hayley because of missing out on saying goodbye to Abe when he died.Although,the cat was not mine,i had one of those feelings you get where you know its the right thing to do.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
I stayed and fussed the cat Hayley because of missing out on saying goodbye to Abe when he died.Although,the cat was not mine,i had one of those feelings you get where you know its the right thing to do.
Thats lovely steve so thoughful and i no where your are coming from
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3