View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone - this is exactly my problem - less should be more and no CV should be 7 pages. I haven't had a problem with it so far though, so some people have the patience/no life to go through it I guess.

I certainly don't bother with GCSEs any more, A-levels are still considered important, even when you've got degrees - and I've got three of those so I can't fit that bit on less than a page Unfortunately, employers of graduates, especially in my discipine, care more about where you've studied and who with than the actual grade, if that makes sense, so it's not enough just to say I've got degrees. Jenny, for the degrees bit you have to put what subject, what type of degree, what grade, what university, the date of graduation and course details - it's one thing if you've got a degree in, say, French just to put that and no details, but it's a bit more complicated with mine.

It's the same with the work history - I certainly don't put everything down, but any gaps and ppl start asking why

Becs
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 05:21 PM
hmmm, maybe just put ur last 2 places of work? unless every place you've worked has had alot of significance on ur career if you know wot i mean.
Or, just send the 7 pages but make sure to put the good bits in the first few paragraphs so uve captured them. Then they will prob still hire u wether they read the rest or not
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Becs, I have written so many CV's in my time (no all mine I hasten to add). Your work history should only be your last 3 roles (including your current one) and the information on it should be just enough to catch their interest (bullet point the info)and enough to ask them you to an interview (where you can go through the rest). If you want me to take a look send it over.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2