Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:21 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Thursday)

Good morning all,

I do hope that any of you who have been suffering the storm or are due for it to hit your area soon are or will remain safe. I'm just watching the forecast and winds of 106mph have already been recorded in part of Scotland

Rucksack wore his cone all night and has been as good as gold. He clearly doesn't like it (naturally) and one would think he'd run a mile when he sees me coming towards him with it .... errr no He stands there while I pop it on I really do think he's a little 'challenged'

I hope any poorly people or dogs are well on the way to feeling 100% again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone

Another lovely lie in here, but then I couldn't get to sleep last night for some strange reason, I lay awake until almost 2am, very unlike me (maybe that green tea ).

Lol at rucksack there Jenny with the cone, that's what Zena's like with her muzzle when I get into the vet's surgery, she just stands there and lets me put it on even though she hates it Looking good for Saturday then and also looking good for Rucksack.

I've been searching for a cheapish electric blanket, I'm not paying more than £50 for it, and in this day and age, you would have thought they'd have done away with those horrible ties on them wouldn't you, but NO, they've all got them, apart from the one I want which is a fitted one but is out of stock Waddayado?

Same old same old here today, rush, rush rush abaht.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, but I really can't remember what's going on when I've just got out of bed, so apologies for not mentioning anyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Jenny and all

What a poppet Rucksack is, bless him.

It's cold here this morning but thankfully no wind.

I am taking my cousin to the dentist in Aldershot today, then visiting both parents graves to put on christmas wreaths. I am hoping this will be my last visit to a town centre until the shopping frenzy is over!

Have a good day all, stay safe!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning Jenny you beat me too it. I was just catching up on last nights thread.
Lets hope Rucksacks tail continues to heal especially with all the care you are giving.
I have been listening to the weather and it sounds horrendous in Scotland hope all our Scottish friends are safely tucked up and warm.
We are due winds up to 60 mph that's bad enough and coastal floods.
Red sky out there and dry and chilly.

We slept till nearly 7 Dillon did bark about 4.30 so must of heard something he was on the landing. I called him and he popped his head round the door and then went back onto his bed and the rest is history. Day at home for me today pottering.

I hope everyone who is poorly soon feels better and poorly doglets too.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Morning H

I have just bought a heated mattress protector, it is fab, it fits like a fitted sheet. The one I have has intelli heat system (don't ask how it works) it seems a bit like an induction hob. There is a fast warm up, 5 mins. I used to have a single blanket but me and 3 dogs trying to lay on a single strip does not work!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Lynn, glad Dillon soon settled down for you there, and enjoy a day at home.

Morning Gerry, yes, that's exactly the one I want, but it's out of stock in my local Argos store and unavailable to buy online I think it's the ONLY one that doesn't have those stupid thin, string ties. I might Google and see if I can find that one somewhere else I can nip off to pick up.Thanks Gerry, I knew that would be the best one.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning

I'm rushing around this morning - I have to get both kids and me to school for a Mass because my daughter is reading a prayer. I told her I'm going to leap around, going: "whoop, whoop - go Carys, go Carys" but she looked disctinctly unhappy with that idea!

Have a great day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Gerri, morning Helena.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Linda you wicked mum fun though winding them up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2013, 08:20 AM

The proper first rains started in the early hours of the morning and I had to get up to close the window above my headboard as the noise from the heavy rain hammering on the closed trissim was keeping me awake, and also to close the trissim and windows in the backroom and kitchen as the trissim were only ¾ closed and the rain was coming in.

There was a bit of a leak through the ceiling of the ensuite but nothing can be done about that unfortunately. Luckily only in one place so I am hoping that all the patching up Nir did the other week will hold as much as possible.

Needless to say Da Booga refused to go out although she did ask to when I got up, but luckily the rain had eased slightly by the time the alarm went so she shot out for a p&p as it is chucking it down again now.

And there has been a mudslide in my front yard from the earth that was dumped there, the mountain of mud is now semi-liquid - Da Booga just shot out and up it as some of the bdooly workers were outside and she is now covered with mud up to her knees and elbows which of course she has brought in and the carpet, the floors, the couch, my recliner - everything is covered with mud now. Her feet are caked with it and she will not let me near them.

I have just about had enough of these bdooly workmen and the mess and everything. Six months now and they still have not reached the end of the road let alone done anything about the promised alterations at the end of my ramp so that I can get onto the road.

Sorry for the rant but this is just about the last straw.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »