Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Thanks Tracy, but I think I'll store that away for a 2 week stay (being long haul)
Yes, that's sensible considering the long flight. We went xmas time, fully inclusive. Fab beach, massive site, 13 restaurents in total. Several pools. Spread over a very large site, which they provide (sounds corny) a train.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Is there a dog sitting service there too, Helen?
For Loki? Most definitely!!! It would have to be a lot longer than 7 days though I'm afraid, you might not even get him back!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I went to Teneriffe (Playa las Americas) the week after half term October last year and it was fab, it was still hot obviously not a busy as the half term week, it would of cost twice as much if we went the half term week

I would definitley got back there again but am gonna do Gran Canaria next time.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
If I can help at all - I am a travel consultant and have access to all systems for checking hols - just pm ur email address or phone number and I can get some prices etc for you.

dani
Dani, that's really nice of you, thanks very much, PM on it's way
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
I used to be a travel agent and found Cyprus a excellent choice for family groups together, loads to do and they do everything (drive on the left, important!) like us. For cheapness and excellent prices, you can eat for under a tenner with 3 course meal & wine is Turkey. The people are lovely and again lots to do.
Menorca is popular as the quieter option of the Balearics, Im going there to see my Uncle in July soooooooo excited! Let us know where you choose. x
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
I used to be a travel agent and found Cyprus a excellent choice for family groups together, loads to do and they do everything (drive on the left, important!) like us. For cheapness and excellent prices, you can eat for under a tenner with 3 course meal & wine is Turkey. The people are lovely and again lots to do.
Menorca is popular as the quieter option of the Balearics, Im going there to see my Uncle in July soooooooo excited! Let us know where you choose. x
I've been looking at Cyprus Luz, and we've been to Menorca a couple of years ago to Sol Parc? it was lovely but very expensive (I paid over £2 for loaf of Kingsmill ) But October will be quite cool wont it?

OH is being no help AT ALL - the only place he's keen on is a return trip to Cuba
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
I've been looking at Cyprus Luz, and we've been to Menorca a couple of years ago to Sol Parc? it was lovely but very expensive (I paid over £2 for loaf of Kingsmill ) But October will be quite cool wont it?

OH is being no help AT ALL - the only place he's keen on is a return trip to Cuba
You would not be disappointed with Cyprus lots of british tourists, plenty to do. It probably depends how much you want to spend and the flight time? You may have to all sit down with a for & against list. Maximum flight time, maximum heat, minimum board, minumum cost. My cousin works on teletext sells holidays very cheap I could give you his number?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Fuerteventura Is lovely ....Corralejo has a lovely small 'town' with a Spanish feel to it -the town beach isn't very big but a short hop in a taxi or on one of them funny train things takes you to the 'big' beach -it is the most fabulous beach I've ever seen loads of space for the kids to run -and sand dunes to slide down ..its only a 4 hour flight and the transfers aren't big at the other end ..there's loads of commplexes ..we went a few years back and its on my deffo list of places to go back to
Personally I wouldn't do long haul for just one week ..it takes me and the kids a day or so to catch up
hth
Liz
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2