Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2006, 01:19 PM

Want a whinge, I'm not feeling well.

Sorry peaps, just wanted to have a bit of a whinge cos Im not feeling well.

I've been off work for three days feeling absolutely crap, it seems that theres some sort of virus going round in work with me. its like flue, but doenst last so long. I was up a 4.00am monday night, shivering, and my whole body was aching. I had to go sleep downstairs on the sofa as I couldnt get comfortable in bed. Felt awful all day, my lower back was just aching constantly, and painkillers wernt touching it.

Then Tues night was even worse. Shadow was sleeping with us upstairs, I woke up feeling dreadful at about 3.00am. Where shadow proceeded to jump on my head, licking me, and for some reason kept trying to force her head under my chin, so that my head is above her neck (not sure if that was some kind of dominace thing, as her usual stong willed mam, was ill and showing it!). So I moved into the spare bedroom, absolutely sweating pints. Shadow decided to join me. It took me about 1.30mins to get to sleep. My back was hurting so much at one point that I had my bare back pressed up against the bedroom wall cos it was the only cold surface. At that point i started to cry I felt so bad, and shadow really wasnt helping, (alough she prob thought she was). She would not leave me alone. Kept either trying to get me to sleep on top of her, or vice versa, when I burst into tears, she bit my ear! That made me feel worse. So yesterday wasnt a good day, felt miserable all day, painkillers wernt working. Was even rocking back and forth on my sofa as it was the only comfortable position.

Shadow slept downstairs last night, and I had a much better night sleep. Not aching as much today, but I feel sick instead and have a nasty cough.

So all in all feeling absolutely crap.

And shadow wont leave me alone, she's smothering me!!!!

Ok whinge over.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh dear, think theres alot of it about at the moment, our local hospital has just put a ban on all unneccesarry visitors due to bugs doing the rounds, hope you are feeling better soon!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Awww I hope you are feeling a bit better soon Shadow I thought I was coming down with something last week because I had a continous banging headache for about 4 days but it seems okay now and I haven't got a cold or anything I have heard of quite a few people being ill though lately. Get back to bed and keep warm
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Sorry you're feeling so poorly Rachel, hopefully it wont last too long. There is an awful lot of this virus about at the moment, I had 3 days off work last week with Charlie, and her school was half empty as many chilblanes had it
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
aww i hope you feel better in the next day or so my brother has gone down with this virus and my sisters 3 kids the youngest has got it bad plenty of fluids and rest for you
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Hope you feel better soon
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Aw hope you feel better soon. There is a nasty bug floating about up here with similar symptoms to you. My mate, her son and hubby all had it at the same time so I know it's a nasty. Your wee doglet just knows your ill bless her
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Awww poor you, hope you feel better soon. My o/h has 2 people off work with this at the moment, so it looks like he'll be getting it and then passing it on to me! There's so much of it down here too that they've shut one of our local hospitals to visitors, and closed 100 beds, and they say it's NOT the food!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
Know how you feel Shadow, just had 5 days off work, never been known for me to be off like this before and 7 days on antibiotics. Just coming round today and going back to work tomorrow. Don't know what's going round but it's flaming miserable. Feel better soon!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Perhaps shadow was trying to comfort you 'in her way'...

A lot of schools in Birmingham have been closed with a similar bug, I hope you feel better soon ... lots of hot drinks and a duvet on the sofa always seem to help I find
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >