Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Hospital tooth root bed removal ??

had some bad news today I have been on antibiotics for weeks now as have an infection/abcess behind 2 front crowned teeth ....I went today expecting a second root canal as one has been done but the dentist thinks the beds are infected so it will mean going into hospital under anethestic to have them removed

he has given me 5 days of Amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day PLUS Clindamycin 250 3times as well to try to get in down

its not horrific pain is more like an ache and i can't bite on the front at all

anyone had this done or know someone who has ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't know anyone who has had it done,but wishing you all the best is the dentist hoping the antibiotics may still work you are on a large dose.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I have not long been to hopsital through A&E to have a impacted back wisdom and route filled back tooth removed that had a infection/abcess, there was a lot of swelling after and needed interveous antibiotis

It wasn't a long operation, but exspect to stay in hospital for a day for antibiotics and may need a drain.

Being front teeth, ask what is being put in place to restore teeth.

D xxx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
No, not heard of it either, although my sister had to go to hospital today and have 3 teeth out, her dentist messed up big time, tried to pull the teeth ended up snapping them, then 'tried' to dig them out causing her lots of pain. Her dentist then gave up and told her she would have to go to hospital, she wasn't given a GA but an injection in the back of her hand today, she said she can't remember anything except she could remember hearing them talking, but nothing to do with having 3 teeth out.......now that's my sort of dentist.....lol.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Ps I am sorry to hear you are going through this exsperence. I was in awful pain.

Let me know if there is anything eles you would like to know.

D xxx
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Re CC, sedation it wonderful If you have to have something done.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post

Being front teeth, ask what is being put in place to restore teeth.

D xxx
my crowns will go back in after the dentist said ...he said a root canal filling can be done at the dentist as it can be done under a local but a root bed is trickier and they like to have you under to do it ....just cos it takes longer

i would imagine its no worse than a root canal or a nerve removal and i have had that done before then went to work
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't know if mine was the same thing, it was called an apisectomy or similar. One of my front teeth is crowned and I developed an abcess, I had to go into hospital and they removed some of the bone as the abcess just wouldn't react to antibiotics and had started eating into the bone.
I was no more swollen than when I had wisdom teeth removed, and I was in a lot of pain prior to the op so felt a million dollars afterwards.
I do hope everything goes ok for you, I didn't have any problems afterwards.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I don't know if mine was the same thing, it was called an apisectomy or similar. One of my front teeth is crowned and I developed an abcess, I had to go into hospital and they removed some of the bone as the abcess just wouldn't react to antibiotics and had started eating into the bone.
I was no more swollen than when I had wisdom teeth removed, and I was in a lot of pain prior to the op so felt a million dollars afterwards.
I do hope everything goes ok for you, I didn't have any problems afterwards.
thanks i think its similar ....its been giving me grief for a while so i'm not scared have started antibiotic cocktail tonight so am hoping it won't come to this
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Dont know anything about teeth only that i need a filling and probably one removed cos its cracked and needed a filling but i panic when anyone rumaging in my mouth.

good luck lise. Hope its not to long of a stay in hospital.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >