Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:29 AM

Off to the vets this morning

I'm taking the spotty pair to the vets this morning...

Takara's much better than she was and has done a fully formed stool this morning.

However, first thing she did when I let her out in the garden this morning was throw up bile and grass.

So she's going to the vets, I was worried, until she passed the stool that it could be a blockage but she's been to ringcraft and been prodded and poked and is such a wuss she'd tell us if it hurt!

So I'm hoping it's a simple course of antibiotics or something, but I am going to ask if it's possible for Eddy to catch it.
His poo was not very good this morning but that's not very unusual for Eddy - in fact, it's pretty much the norm! However, if he could catch it from her, I want him on something as well as we're going away and he's an old man - don't want him getting poorly.

Wish us luck. Will keep you posted.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Good Luck at the vets, hope it's nothing serious, sure it isn't! Makes me laugh how we can talk about poo here without a second thought lol!
Becky
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Hope everything goes ok, I'm sure getting some antibiotics may help, my 2 have had mucus poo for 4/5 weeks now, sounds terrible but its mostly formed and comes out in a sack of mucus, the vet thinks its diet related...no blood or anything and none of them have a temprature so he refused to give antibiotics.
I have changed they're diet to natures harvest, which they both love ! and they seem fine on it but the poo hasn't changed.
Let us know how you get on, your right getting the oldie checked better safe than sorry as they say xx
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Hope all goes well at the vets and that you can be reassured so that you can enjoy your hols. you are sensible to get them both checked out x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys,

She's looked over Takara to check for a blockage but Takara's a total wuss and was freaking out so she didn't get a good feel but she's pretty sure there's no blockage - especially as she's been to the loo ok today.

She doesn't think it's infection as her stool this morning was ok and she's absolutely fine in herself so she's not given her antibiotics as they can give them the runs.

She's told me to feed tiny amounts often. About a spoonful of rice/pasta/chicken/fish each hour until she's back to normal.

She's not too worried about Eddy 'catching' it as he would've done by now but I did say his poo isn't great but not really bad by his standards, this morning so she's given me enough kaogel for the two of them 'just in case' as I told her we were going away and she was worried that if they did get the runs again we were staying in a cottage and they'd make a mess! She wants me to phone her to let her know how Takara is tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind wishes and Becky - I find it really funny... it's the only place you can just talk openly about poo!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Thats good news, enjoy your hols x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Good news Lottie hope they are both well and thatyou have a great break away
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Good news, Lottie. Hope completely T is better soon.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:16 AM
That's great news, have a lovely time away!
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Good luck, Lottie x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >