Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:15 AM

Upset tum, upset dog (liquid faeces)

Hi Guys

I posted regarding Fern's teething and just need some help with it because he's really upset - his rear is producing water like substance when he goes to the bathroom.

We took him out through the various hours last night/morning and he looked constipated. He whimpered and barked alot again.

But we have noticed he seems to have perked up today, but he wouldn't eat his rice, or his dry food so we soaked his dry food in the rice water and he ate it but his bottom is still producing liquid that is hard to pass.

Anyone else experienced this with their dogs, why does it happen and is there anything else we can do, if we don't see improvement in the next few hours we are going to book him into the vets.

Thanks for your help.

x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2005, 10:19 AM
has Fern eaten something he shouldnt have?

Finn had the runs like that last week it was so bad I was about to take a trip to the vet but discovered that he stole OHs tandoori chicken
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Sorry MC can't give you any help,think the vets is the best option if he is like it later into the day.
Hoping he gets better soon.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:25 AM
it sounds like he may have eaten something he shouldnt ??? I think a trip to the vets may be in order
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Not from what we can see because he's not wanting to eat anything - put it this way we always eat upstairs and he doesn't have access to this so he couldn't have eaten anything that was made for us

It's very strange.

LOL Finn...hmmm curry not soo good for dogs

Originally Posted by Carole
has Fern eaten something he shouldnt have?

Finn had the runs like that last week it was so bad I was about to take a trip to the vet but discovered that he stole OHs tandoori chicken
Carole
Supervisor

16-11-2005, 10:36 AM
he might have picked up something and eaten it at the park maybe?

sounds like a trip to the vet if he does not get any better.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

16-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Get a professional opinion MC. Could be any one of several causes. Take a faecal sample with you to the vet in case he wants to run tests.
Meg
Supervisor

16-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi MC SB got here two mins before me...

I remember you posted something yesterday, I think this was your warning of the start of a problem ..http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/showthread.php?t=23204

I guess Fern has picked up a bug or eaten things he shouldn't....I would certainly get him check out by the vet, this started yesterday/before over 24hrs ago .
Signs of being poorly are warm nose(raised temp dries the moisture) dull eyes, tucked up tummy,tail down,not eating, lethargic. Don't worry about him not eating for the moment just offer small amount of water at a time.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks Carole and SB, you are right it's the best thing to do, will get the sample from him when he goes next.

Will let you know the result.

Thanks for your help.

x
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi M/C yes I think trip to vets to find out, I wouldn`t feed him tho till you see/speak to vet, just leave him some water in case he`s thirsty, a little honey mixed in with it is good

Heres a link on foods for dogs with diarrhea

http://www.wellvet.com/diarrheadog.html

Hope its just something n nothing & hes OK soon
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >