Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cooperthepooper
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2017, 03:46 AM

Teething puppy but not chewing.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some advise on my 4 months old goldendoodle puppy, Cooper. My first time having a pup so i still have a lot to learn. Everyone i know that have dog warn me that they would chew up the house when they start teething if i am not well prepared for it. I got Cooper when he was 9 weeks old, he has now turn 4 month. I have been keeping an eye on him and he is definitely teething. His front teeth are falling off and new teeth are already visible. Bigger teeth on the side are also coming out. He normally would chew on a bully stick or a bone for a bit here and there but he gets bored of them quickly. With teething in progress, I still see no sign of excessive chewing like people say. I am wondering if i should be concerned over this.

Cooper is on raw diet and gets plenty of exercise.

I appreciate any advice !! Thank you in advance.
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2017, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't worry at all, some dogs never chew much while they are teething. As the baby teeth that are becoming loose they may be a little painful when biting on things, I am sure he will chew on something when he feels the need especially as the bigger back teeth start to appear.

Are you feeding him any soft edible bones within his raw diet? This will encourage the chewing process .
Markie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Don't stress to much your actually probably lucky LOL it's okay if they don't rip everything apart Adding soft bones will help. Be lucky you have a easy puppy
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Rosie never chewed a thing during the teething process and has lovely, strong teeth.

I always considered myself very lucky that she had an easy time of it and didn't need to chew her way through it