register for free

Dog News

Puppy found inside locked roadside bin

A puppy was found inside a locked roadside bin last Wednesday. The dog, who wore no collar and was not microchipped, was only discovered when maintenance worker Jason Bloomfield unlocked the bin in order to empty it – a decision which was a chance deviation from his planned routine, meaning the dog might never have been found that day.

Mr Bloomfield, an A14 litter crew member from Mid Suffolk District Council, explained that finding Dusty – so named by the crew because of where he was found - was 'pure coincidence'.

“We litter-pick the verges on the A14 but the weather was so bad that we decided to do a bin round and that was the last one on our route.

“Those bins are locked so I put the key in, opened the door and had the shock of my life.

“I saw something black jump up.”

Describing Dusty as “the sweetest little boy”, Mr Bloomfield added: “It almost looks like someone has just posted him through – like a letter box.

“There could have been anything in that bin and I really don't know how long he had been there.”

Dusty is being cared for by Mr Bloomfield while district bosses try to find where Dusty came from. If nobody claims him, he will have a permanent home with Mr Bloomfield, who has already grown attached to him.

Anyone with any information on Dusty should contact the environmental health team on 08456 066067.

Your comments and views:
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Well if he is owned....how did he get in there ....I for one vote Mr Bloomfield keeps him
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2012, 03:07 PM
yep, let the big man keep him xD also, he looks the very same as princess, staffy/bc cross?
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-03-2012, 05:13 PM
i hope mr bloomfield gets to keep him- sounds like they are meant to be!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh my goodness, just look at that little dog's face .

I hope he's safe now..... x
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 09:30 PM
that wee face I vote for him to stay exactly where he is
kep127
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2012, 10:07 AM
look at his little face bless him Glad he has found someone who loves him for who he is xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh PLEASE let this man who rescued him keep him.
Xena1
New Member!
Female 

22-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Really makes my blood boil how people can just throw a dog away like garbage, could have been a disaster. The guy who found this little boy should keep him, they belong together.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top