Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 12:54 PM

If looks could kill...

Boabz was at the shop with me the other day, my son brought my grandson in for a visit, I asked Campbell to take Boabz with him when he went for a smoke to let Boabz pee and get a little air, when he left Kyle went mad, Doggie Doggie Doggie hes shouting, sooooo I had to pick Kyle up and head out too, we were walking round the pedestrian bit in town, Kyle following closely behind Boabz, Doggie Doggie Doggie, now being a dog lover and knowing Boabz it can only bring a smile to my face, seeing the wee one so intent on giving Boabz a big cuddle, sadly though the people passing obviously had their own thoughts on a baby being walked with a Rottie, if looks could kill, Boabz and me would be dead on the pavement...bunch of closed minded miserable bar stewards...
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi,

Don't worry yourself over what others think. Your grandson and dog clearly love each other to bits so ignore the looks and/or comments from others who clearly don't understand such relationships.

I thnk it's fantastic to see a big rottie walking with a yougn child. It takes away, for me, the stereotypical view of large breed dogs being child-eating monsters (although you'd think mine were if you saw the amount of slobber Oscar got covered with this morning after a kiss/wash from Jenzi!).

Laura xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 04:05 PM
PMSL at Oscar x
when we were at the caravan I was told my bullie shouldn't be there because they kill children :/
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-06-2010, 04:38 PM
People never say this sort of stuff to me.

Or maybe they do. I rarely listen.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
sadly though the people passing obviously had their own thoughts on a baby being walked with a Rottie, if looks could kill, Boabz and me would be dead on the pavement...bunch of closed minded miserable bar stewards...
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I was told my bullie shouldn't be there because they kill children :/

How sad are these people Poor dogs, they don't even get the chance to prove themselves! Not that they should have too, but you know what I mean......

Do they not think that if you had any doubt, you wouldn't let your grandson anywhere near your gorgeous rottie

Just ignore 'em You know your lot are gorgeous
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2010, 07:15 PM
My rotti x loves little kids throwing their arms around him. Even when he was at his most boistrous he would sit still (apart from his waggy tail!!) while he was loved.
I think I have mentioned this on here before but once a complete stranger let their 18month old(ish) come up to him and she threw her arms around him and he just loved it. That moment will always stay with me it much rarer than the parents who say to their children "the big dog will bite you" or variations on that theme.
My friend also has a rotti cross and a little girl and the pictures of the two of them together are just lovely the child obviously adores the dog and vice versa.
AND to think both of these dogs are rescues!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2010, 08:44 AM
oh what horrible people! just ignore them, if they want to be that ignorant thats their problem. i absolutely hate people like that...
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2010, 08:47 AM
If people want to assume a rottie is going to maul a child, then by letting your grandson hug him in public, hopefully it will change a few minds. I would have been the one smiling and saying how cute it was. I love rotties and would love to see some pics of yours!