Our sister sites
Our sister sites
karengo
New Member!
Female 

12-06-2017, 04:31 PM

My dog loves to viciously kill..

Hi,

I have a 11 year old female shih tzu. She is well-trained, but the only training she disregards is about going outside. She always dashes out the door every time we open it.

The bad thing is she has a really high prey drive (even though she's a shih tzu). She kills almost all small animals she had met outside. she had killed and bring back home countless of kittens, bats, lizards, birds, and hamsters (it was that many!).

I know that maybe there are other dogs worse than mine but I think her behavior is a little bit creepy. She even loves to flip cockroaches just to see them suffer. When she's on leash and sees a kitten, suddenly her whole body would shakes tremendously and she lets out loud cries and barks. It's like she's possessed.
One time she saw a neighbors rabbit in a cage. She started banging on the cage endlessly to get to the rabbit. And the way she kills them is just horrible. she jolts and shakes them vigorously. when we tell her to let it go, she let's it go but she doesn't allow us to touch it and growled at us. then she pokes her victim to check if it's dead. if it's not, the whole thing will starts again.

I've read articles about dog training on the internet and tried to apply the training to her, but it doesn't work!

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and found a way to solve this?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Try taking evasive action, put her lead on before you open the door, it's not rocket science.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Try taking evasive action, put her lead on before you open the door, it's not rocket science.
I think she needs to lose that dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2017, 09:37 PM
The OP is just taking the piss - does he or she think we will actually take him or her seriously?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
The OP is just taking the piss - does he or she think we will actually take him or her seriously?
You have a point.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2017, 10:13 PM
An 11 year old, Shih Tzu - well trained, but a vicious killer?
I very much doubt it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-06-2017, 08:09 AM
You have to chuckle lol.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You have to chuckle lol.
Another one post wonder?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Either that, but the poster comes from Indonesia. So a huge cultural difference .
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Either that, but the poster comes from Indonesia.
Can we be sure about that Jackie, knowing a little about electronics, the internet, and the people who inhabit it, I am extremely skeptical of anything one reads, especially as a first post on a new forum.

When you sign up to Dogsey it asks you where you live but SFAIK there is no electronic check on where in the world your computer actualy is, and definitely no cross check with what you type as the answer to "Where do you live?"

As most regular Dogsey posters have learned, you only get to 'know' a poster after they have engaged in many conversations. I learned this the hard way with China