Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Need your advice please.

Hi Everyone, this evening I decided to make some treats for my Boys!! A couple months ago someone put up a recipe for Liver Cake/biscuits, well after nearly throwing up when I blitz the liver, (me a Ex Theatre Sister aswell), they have come out Ok, but I know they are very rich and the boys should not have too much at once, so what I need to know can I freeze some. I can't decide if it will be OK. I also made some banana Choc chip Biscuits for them and they love them. I am now cooking my dinner. So please can anyone give me the answer. Thanks in advance.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
Hi Everyone, this evening I decided to make some treats for my Boys!! A couple months ago someone put up a recipe for Liver Cake/biscuits, well after nearly throwing up when I blitz the liver, (me a Ex Theatre Sister aswell), they have come out Ok, but I know they are very rich and the boys should not have too much at once, so what I need to know can I freeze some. I can't decide if it will be OK. I also made some banana Choc chip Biscuits for them and they love them. I am now cooking my dinner. So please can anyone give me the answer. Thanks in advance.
I am assuming that the choc chip biscuits do not in fact contain any chocolate as of course chocolate is toxic to dogs!
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

31-07-2011, 07:58 PM
yes you can freeze liver cake, I normally bag it up into smaller bags so I dont have to take the lot out to defrost to use.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I am assuming that the choc chip biscuits do not in fact contain any chocolate as of course chocolate is toxic to dogs!
all I asked is can I freeze the liver biscuits. SB do you know everything a assume that nobody else does, I have owned dogs for over 30yrs and yes I do know that chocolate is toxic and they contain dog chocolate, we on this site are not thick morons.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
all I asked is can I freeze the liver biscuits. SB do you know everything a assume that nobody else does, I have owned dogs for over 30yrs and yes I do know that chocolate is toxic and they contain dog chocolate, we on this site are not thick morons.
I find it interesting that you believe that everyone on this site is not thick or a moron ( I think saying thick moron is tautology)

But it has been my experience (and that of many others) that not everyone KNOWS that chocolate is toxic.

That may not be YOUR experience of course, but we have seen on this forum many many posters who have LEARNED of this fact since being on here as well as as many others.

Also I do not consider that ALL dog owners who do NOT know that chocolate is toxic is either "thick" or a "moron" as you appear to do!

I just think they have not been told this or learned it.

As there are LOTS of things that I do not know or have learned; I do not consider myself to be "thick" or a "moron" either; and I am sure that most other people do not think that just because they do not know everything they are either.

Shame you do!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DVNBIKER View Post
yes you can freeze liver cake, I normally bag it up into smaller bags so I dont have to take the lot out to defrost to use.
thank you, I will go and do that later.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I find it interesting that you believe that everyone on this site is not thick or a moron ( I think saying thick moron is tautology)

But it has been my experience (and that of many others) that not everyone KNOWS that chocolate is toxic.

That may not be YOUR experience of course, but we have seen on this forum many many posters who have LEARNED of this fact since being on here as well as as many others.

Also I do not consider that ALL dog owners who do NOT know that chocolate is toxic is either "thick" or a "moron" as you appear to do!

I just think they have not been told this or learned it.

As there are LOTS of things that I do not know or have learned; I do not consider myself to be "thick" or a "moron" either; and I am sure that most other people do not think that just because they do not know everything they are either.

Shame you do!
Always the last word , not this time Good Night.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Please can I come and stay if your dogs get chocolate chip & banana cookies?
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Please can I come and stay if your dogs get chocolate chip & banana cookies?
You are welcome, anytime you are passing this way, I will even make some human ones for you, with proper chocolate.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Yum banana and choc...I'm the short ass next to your dog begging(me not ur dog)

O/t but I make tuna biscuits in the microwave quick and easy

Also re the choc..imo It didn't do anyharm mentioning its toxiicity as some one new to dogs may be reading it and not known and assumed you was using normal choc
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >