register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Very uneventful walks, saw a lovely parti coloured poodle that I've never seen before, Mabs was quite taken with him and even ran after him when they had passed us. Saw one horse rider (I Always used to ride out on Boxing Day if at all possible and also a Christmas morning ride) so many horses around here yet some of them never move from their fields except to be stabled at night in the winter. Really quiet out. Had a good clean up outside, matting should have come out today, but will be lazy and do that tomorrow instead. Got the fire lit and having a spot of lunch. Girls having pink salmon for tea. Eileen cannot believe you aren't spent up, how good are you eh
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Sounds like everyone is having a much needed relaxing day.
House tidied Dillon brushed and I am now screaming.
Michael let Gill know how mum was today and she is now eating again. So a week ago we are told she is dying today she is eating a little. Next time someone tells me she is dying I am not doing any mercy dash till the last minute. We are all stressed and tired with it all and she is now saying she wants to move home as she doesn't like one of the carers who Michael has gone off on one at today. Probably because he is worn out with it all too. Norfolk to Brentwood Essex 4 hour round trip each time 3 days since Sunday.
Might of known we have been here about 3 times in the last 7 years.
Give me strength.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Lynn I know exactly what you mean, when my mum was actually dying I really thought yeah yeah. I did the dash to the hospital, but only after I had chopped all the wood for the fire and sorted the girls tea out. In fact one of my sons had been to see her that very afternoon, and said she was as fine as she ever was, thought she was in hospital because of a bombing raid and he was telling her about his 'war work' (no idea who she thought HE was, because if it WAS in the war years then I wouldn't have been born, never mind HIM) sooo I went to see her and they'd moved her into a separate room and I held her hand for a while and she went to sleep, so I went home and rang my other son and said he best come over to see her tomorrow 'just in case', blow me down couldn't believe it when I got the phone call next morning to say she'd just passed away, I really expected and acted like tomorrow was another day, and it wasn't.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Afternoon - I am glad to hear your mum seems to be rallying Lynn.

I hope you all had/are having a good Christmas. Lovely here with the children and my family. They're popping over shortly for a late lunch. Steve is doing Lego with Michael and Carys is watching Frozen. Again.

We're apparently due some snow.

I hope you all have a good Boxing Day today.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I love Frozen!
Had a nap and visitors Having another round of visitors in a bit unless there is a change of plan,snow is on the way Can't see it myself
Yeah TW i did well,still have money and vouchers left.No doubt we'll pop down to Dub at some point so I'll use them up there House seems quiet all of a sudden and finally tidy again Youngest is going baby sitting with a friend and oldest wants a takeaway( really don't know how she could possibly want food ) but still
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Fell asleep in front of the telly this afternoon, felt really tired, no idea why, not done any cooking or anything,just feel whacked. Corrie at 7pm ladies, so we'll see what happens with Kylie, she's out of the series to have a baby and is coming back later in the year. Eating a turkey butty, have got a pasta bake for tea, but fancied the turkey on some baguette. Linda, how you are still standing I don't know, hope Father Christmas was good to you as well as the kids
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Been pretty quiet on here today. June, you must have needed that sleep earlier.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Its snowing here just found the Brainless Bimbo (otherwise known as Keshi) running around in it, have had to put my coat, shoes and wooly hat on and go out in the snow and chase her back in and threaten her with dire consequences if she even so much as sticks her nose outside. WHY does she not want to doss under the heat lamp like the others
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Right, I know it is still early but I am getting really cold as the night storage heaters have lost their heat so I am going to resort to going to bed to get warm. Have a good night all, God bless.

Keshi must be cuckoo to want to be out in it!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2014, 08:03 PM
She hasn't any brain whatsoever Moyra, not seen her since, am keeping my eye on her, keep checking through the kitchen window! nite nite, see you tomorrow
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >