View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 05:11 PM
I have seen Harleys pics Bev, lovely. Weren't Charly and Ash lucky to find such a good boy.
Lynn how lovely to have family visits to look forward to and it sounds like you got a bargain with the TV.

Remember I said that I was donating my sideboard to Animals in Distress for their charity shop....well they wouldn't take it. They can't sell brown furniture Such a shame it is in brand new condition. Anyway Elisha saw it and decided that it would fit in her room and that she would like it. Her boy friend came in his work van today and picked it up for her. So it has found a very good home anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Norma spring in my step is all I can mange nowadays without doing serious injury.
What a shame about the sideboard Nippy Jen, at least it has gone to a good home.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 06:06 PM
She has just sent me a picture of it in situ Lynn. It looks great, even though it is in her bedroom.
She says at last she can see her TV
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Well that's good. Was made for it then.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2014, 06:30 PM
What a day! It's bucketing down now but was lovely earlier.
Have been to a couple of markets and also to the Wensleydale Agricultural Show where there were all sorts of things going on.
Tea's in the slow cooker and I've baked some bread so we're just having a beer.
Will be interesting to see how muddy Poppy gets in the morning during her run before we set off for the show.
Just have to let it dry and brush it off...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Thats good its found a home Nippy. I had a terrible job with a sideboard that was in my mothers house, I had to give it away along with a drawleaf table and chairs to the house clearance bloke who came. They were massive things my parents bought in a house sale in the 1940's, I always thought they may have some value, but apparently not, then again you don't know do you really, you have to take these people with a large handful of salt. I had no room for them, no one else wanted them, so they had to go one way or another.
Been a beautiful day here, quite warm, I was just in my t shirt and trakkie bottoms on the river, heavy rain was what was forecast Everyone had a good do with the rake, in fact I was that long with Cariad and Lona I never took any piccies. I thought Lona didn't need anything else doing, but she had other ideas, the minute the rake came out, she plonked herself in front of me and arched her neck towards me to show me where it needed doing Then Cariad kept butting in to be done as well.
I got loads off her, Lona's was more fluffy undercoat that was probably a bit itchy, I'm amazed Lona isn't bald by now the amount thats come off her, Cariad always has a lot come out, but Lona has dumped most of her bodyweight in fur this year.
Everyone settled with big bones, its forecast to be cold tonight, so will be the first night I've shut the top doors for months, I've also put extra shavings in as well.
Good night in front of the telly for me, I'm going to watch the new Dr Who series and see what thats like, then Casualty then Star Wars.
TV sounds an absolute bargain Lynn, glad the money came at the right time for you, stuff like that normally happens when you've struggled through a crisis, and you have got a brilliant week lined up seeing everyone as well, will be good coming straight after the lovely holiday you've come back from.
Bev, sounds like you've had a really busy week, am going to look at the piccies of Harley, has he landed on all 4 paws or what eh. Shame you've got to go back to work really, but I'm sure the time you've spent with Charly and Ash has really taken you out of yourself and made you feel a lot better.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Hi guys

Sounds like everybody has been really busy. Hope you all had a happy and productive day.

I was kinda lazy all day, got three loads of washing out on the line, got another load still to do but it will have to wait till I can empty the line tomorrow. In between, I was watching Andromeda on TV, then popped out for shopping (ran out of washing powder and other vitals), then watching more TV, Brian and I watched Hook tonight. I'd forgotten how magical that movie could be, so it was a lovely night.

Watched the new Doctor Who...wow! I think Peter Capaldi's Doctor is going to be a bit darker but funny at the same time. Brilliant as ever

Davie was doing some research on Burke and Hare during the week for school so he and Brian are watching that just now. I'm going to be reading then going to sleep shortly.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5