View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Woman died of natural causes not a dog attack.

I do not know if anyone read the story about the German shepherd who was meant to have killed a mother of 5 .
The picture in the paper was a snarling dog and words liked savaged were used .. ...
Tonight i read ..
''Tragic Cassandra Smith, 49, was found dead in a flat she shared with her two pet dogs, an elderly Alsatian and a five-month-old bullmastiff cross.

Daughter Kayleigh, 21, discovered her mum's body shortly before 8.15am on Tuesday.

Despite attempts to revive her, Cassandra — known as Cassie — was pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem today revealed mum-of-five Cassie, from Nuneaton, Warks, died from "natural causes".

A police spokeswoman said: "The examination established that injuries to the woman's face were caused after she had died.

"The woman was found in her bedroom by an adult member of her family on Tuesday morning.

"The woman had stated she had been feeling unwell the previous evening.

"A juvenile dog, believed to be a bull mastiff staffie cross, aged approximately five months old, which was found in the room with the woman, has been destroyed following consultation with the family.

"An elderly German Shepherd dog, that was in another room in the house, was not involved in the incident."
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:43 PM
There was loads on this, the children went from toddlers to adults, there was a pit bull somewhere mentioned, the kids were going to stab the dog.. lots of speculation but no facts.. just goes to show that the media doesn't have all the facts..

I wonder if it is a dog hating thing - I mean why was the dog mentioned in the first place?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:50 PM
The Daily Mail, to their eternal shame sensationalised this story beyond belief today. I was absolutely disgusted as their headline claimed that the Alsatian was the cause of Cassie's death, but later on in the story, it transpired that she had a heart attack.

Gutter press.......... even worse dog-hating gutter press....
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
what a terrible world we live in rest in peace to the poor dogs caught up in this. A five month pup.... breaks my heart
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
It wasn't just the daily mail, the worst was the Sun's account of it.. horrificly detailed fictional story.. poor dog.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 09:33 PM
... Why was the 5 month old pup destroyed?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow. I read this morning in the Daily Mail online. In that article they said she had five children under the age of twelve in a small flat. They also said the dog was a 3 year old GSD that they had rescued 6 months ago. In the false article, it "attacked one of her children before savaging her to death".

I'm horrified about this reporting.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
... Why was the 5 month old pup destroyed?
I assumed for the post death injuries it caused ...
Very sad all around .,
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I assumed for the post death injuries it caused ...
Very sad all around .,
I thought that too poor pup... so sad...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 10:16 PM
disgusts me - media sensationalism at its very best... awful and poor pup.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >