Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
annette38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2011, 04:07 PM

Update on buster

well went back to the vet today with buster last week he got a shot for his alergies and he thought the hairloss on his back was from a mite and he put stuff on it. alergies a lot better but his back was getting worse. the vet on duty today was a different one she thinks his back is due to his alergies she called it atopy she said he would need something called atopica it will cost 256 euro a month for it. i said i'd ring the insurance company to see would they cover it. they said i'd have to put in a claim first and see if it is approved. rang the vet and asked could i claim before i got the atopica to see if its covered. they said no i'd have to buy the stuff then see if i can be reimbursed from his insurance. so im stuck between a rock and a hard place i dont have 200 euro to spare and then wait and see. she gave me a bottle of malaseb to wash him in. just wondering if anyone else used alopica and is it good does it work will come up with the money somewhere if its good
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Ive heard varying results with it

I had Harvey at vets last week with itches. Vet suggested Atopica. As we have to pay first & claim later i queried was there nothing else - it would work out at £56 a week. I then asked if he could take same stronger antihistamines that Katie was on & she (vet) said yes. They dont take anywhere near recommended dose of 5-8 per day. 3 a day spread out every 8 hours does the job & it makes a big big difference

Ask your vet about ATARAX 10mg. Its a lot cheaper
annette38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2011, 04:29 PM
i will thanks i was looking on another forum and people have posted pics of their bulldogs with the exact same thing buster has and all the sugestions they have gotton is that it is staff i said that to the vet she said no im just wondering if she is pushing the most expencive thing in me.