Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2007, 03:52 PM

And then there were two! (Sam's Story)

As a child, my mum and step-dad brought home a tiny JRT pup, named Blaze. My younger brother and I grew up with him, and Blaze sadly passed away on January 4th, 2007. My mum claimed that she would never have another dog.

In late February, this picture appeared in my email inbox.

My mum and step-dad had been out to a shelter and adopted Sam (previously known as "George"). He was a ten month old Labrador/Springer Spaniel cross, and with his "mascara-rimmed", Spaniel eyes, he quickly melted anyone's heart!

In September, my mum and step-father decided to divorce, and my mum moved out into a rented property, to wait for the house sale to go through. Sam went to stay temporarily with a friend of my mum's, as she couldn't have him in the new house. Unfortunately, with an eighteen month old dog, and three small children in a little house, they quickly found Sam too much to manage.

On the same day that Mum got the call to collect Sam, she was getting ready to come and stay with us for the weekend. With nothing else to do with him, she collected him on the way up the country, and brought him to North Yorkshire for a visit. Not knowing quite what to do with Sam, short of sending him to a rehoming centre, we offered to take him on for six months or so, to give Mum a chance to sell the house and buy something else with her share of the money.

So far, Sam has been equally wonderful and infuriating! Amber adores him, and has to copy everything he does (including the things we'd rather neither did!), and we have had some fabulous walks. He has a slightly dodgy leg, which I will have my vet look at for a second opinion, so we have to be careful about how much distance we cover with him so as not to cause him pain, but he certainly isn't lacking in energy!

So here goes - six months of utter madness!

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 04:00 PM
sounds like you have made your decision regarding Sam. I`m so looking forward to seeing lots of pics and hearing how he gets on with you.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Sam looks gorgeous.

If I had've been left to guess, I would have sworn that he had some dally in him
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 08:24 PM
He's georgeous, as you say 6 months of fun and madness coming your way....
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Aww....he looks lovely, but I can't see any spaniel in him either, more likely to be dalmation, handsome chap isn't he!