View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Oh dear Chris do hope the problem can be resolved amicably.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 06:44 PM
So do I, Lynn.

I hate confrontations, always have, always will, but it was just so out of order
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Oh Chris I hope it can be resolved. And the smell thing I had something similar the other week after cleaing everything under cupboards etc and just about to call a plamuber thinking it was the sewer. I moved the saucpan rack to discover a cut up cauliflower in water. We had no eaten a couple of nights before when Mom taken into hospital. Ohhh what a smell.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

Lynn, we once had the same problem. We were on the verge of literally ripping out one of the base units. Emptied said cupboard and found it was a tin of dog food where the top (ring pull type) was leaking. I've never smelled anything so bad in my life.

We've got a bit of a tricky situation come up. Went to our regular cafe this morning and one of the staff seems to have taken a serious dislike to my son. It started with him moving the table. They have the tables set sort of diagonally and he squared it up. Many do it as it puts the back of the table in the shade. She had a go at my son, then pulled my hubby about it (he was in the queue). Didn't think too much about it, but then she came out as we were eating and told my son to move his chair in as he was blocking the aisle. Not only was there plenty of room, but the table next to ours had prams blocking the aisle and the chairs pulled out further than our sons.

Hubby almost lost it. Told her that he was about to lose his temper so could she please p*** off.

We've used this cafe every morning for the last 7 years. We know this particular girl has a downer on my son. No reason for it. Of course, it upset my lad so the rest of our walk was taken up by calming him down. Fortunately, he didn't fit. We were worried he would as he was very upset.

We will have a word with one of the other staff tomorrow, but if it happens again, we will have to look for another cafe as it was totally unacceptable. I hate to play the discrimination card, but that is what it was. There is no other explanation for it
Terrible. Totally out of order. I hope it gets resolved.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Evening all. Trust that you are well even if fuming about that abysmal service in the cafe. For us, a visit to a pub for lunch earlier this week turned out to be disappointing to be diplomatic about it. The food took forever and was cremated. We had been customers for the better part of 20 years. Water under the bridge.

Been a busy day for us today. A few things in no particular order.

We can now no longer call our pharmacist to get routine refills for repeat prescriptions. It has to be done on line. In order to get registered we had to go in person to the medical centre. There was no way to submit an application on line which seemed a little out of line with what they are setting up.

Then off to the supermarket to get a few things for tomorrow's dinner - we will have company.

And then to a trade frozen food place. We usually get iced diced chicken breast. No additives so it is a healthy snack for the dog - defrosted of course........
It is human grade and destined for restaurants and such. My dear wife used some for the cider chicken she makes.

Home, lunch, and DIY.

And the hound goes with us everywhere. Excellent traveller.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2