Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Right my day.

Gerty walked at 6am and breakfast eaten, Mom back to bed think she has a summer cold brewing......but not sure. My Aunt (with downsyndrome and learning difficulties) has her fingers taped together as she has fallen and broken her hand....considered operation but given her general health and the improvement the op would do they have with me we do not need pins and open wounds. To gain negigible improvement over regular healing.

Have cleaned downstairs windows inside and out nets washed and on line and upstairs windows cleaned inside. Out to tidy the front garden. paused for now o read the threads.

Have a great day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Hope mum recovers from her cold soon Kazz and aunty's hand mends soon to.

I have just emailed a planning person asking the state of play and explaining we want to sell and if we do it now or later is down to knowing if the plans are likely to be permitted or not. Tried phoning but all advisors were busy.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hope mum recovers from her cold soon Kazz and aunty's hand mends soon to.

I have just emailed a planning person asking the state of play and explaining we want to sell and if we do it now or later is down to knowing if the plans are likely to be permitted or not. Tried phoning but all advisors were busy.
All will be good thanks Lynn.....niggly off colours as you get older keep cropping up.

Great minds think alike on the sorting out of officialdom.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 10:59 AM
We are back from our walk, Rosie now outside sleeping lol
Really should iron but can’t be bothered
So going to make most of the sun & sit outside with my kindle & a cuppa, given to rain ( maybe ) at weekend so will do it then.
Kazz I can’t iron outside, I have to watch telly or a series. My friend irons outside all the time when it’s sunny,
Right time for my cuppa
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Keeping Looking Moyra there is something out there for you and you will be so much happier too.

Sorry yu are feeling ill Griff. Hope you can find somewhere where the building noise isnt so bad.

Hope you get. satisfactory answer to your query Lynn then. you can put plans into action sooner rather than later.

Sorry mum is feeling a little off today Kazz, hope it is nothing serious brewing. Sorry your aunt has broken her hand

Thats right Mandy enjoy the sun the ironing can wait Wish I was like you but I have to do mine when it is ready otherwise it bug me.

Sorry the car failed its MOT Brenda - hope not too expensive to repair to get it passed

Had the plumbers back today as the toilet was leaking. Bad joint from cistern to pan so, now hopefully sorted. All rubbish has not gone too.

Was out early with Teazle too but it will have to be later for another walk as it is far too warm. Have put in some sprout plants and put mesh over to stop birds and butterflies hopefully. Must remember not to listen to Barry when he has ideas as I have struggled on my own to put the netting he suggested we buy to find it is not wide enough to go over in one hit. Have constructed and abortion of sorts with two lots of mesh but hopefully it will do the job

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Kazz I have an ongoing health problem with Tyto and because of it he will not get better. So yep that will have to be paid for at sometime. I expect you know what I mean. Sue the cost of the repairs are arouind £250 pounds. Hey ho it has to be done as I need it to get the dog to the vets when it is needed most. Have a good afternoon all. Not to bad out here at the moment so have taken Tyto for his last walk of the day. Friends coming in later so that will cheer him up and me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon everyone

Keeping Looking Moyra there is something out there for you and you will be so much happier too.

Sorry yu are feeling ill Griff. Hope you can find somewhere where the building noise isnt so bad.

Hope you get. satisfactory answer to your query Lynn then. you can put plans into action sooner rather than later.

Sorry mum is feeling a little off today Kazz, hope it is nothing serious brewing. Sorry your aunt has broken her hand

Thats right Mandy enjoy the sun the ironing can wait Wish I was like you but I have to do mine when it is ready otherwise it bug me.

Sorry the car failed its MOT Brenda - hope not too expensive to repair to get it passed

Had the plumbers back today as the toilet was leaking. Bad joint from cistern to pan so, now hopefully sorted. All rubbish has not gone too.

Was out early with Teazle too but it will have to be later for another walk as it is far too warm. Have put in some sprout plants and put mesh over to stop birds and butterflies hopefully. Must remember not to listen to Barry when he has ideas as I have struggled on my own to put the netting he suggested we buy to find it is not wide enough to go over in one hit. Have constructed and abortion of sorts with two lots of mesh but hopefully it will do the job

Have a good day and stay safe.
Thanks for your best wishes for Mom and A.Brenda to me i means they are living life and enjoying it. If she did not move around then A.B could not fall and who wants to not be able to move around and a cold or Mom loads have them we (the family) do our best to wrap her in cotton wool but she is forever breaking out and living her life her way..............I have now developed into ignoring the ironing......used to drive me crazy if left but not now no idea why. I do it but when I am in the mood or nothing left in cupboards...LOL

Teething troubles with the plumbing, kinda expected. Glad rubbish has gone.

Mom got up about 11ish has sat in the garden and as always shared her lunch o crackers and something with Gerty who is a Godsend.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Kazz I have an ongoing health problem with Tyto and because of it he will not get better. So yep that will have to be paid for at sometime. I expect you know what I mean. Sue the cost of the repairs are arouind £250 pounds. Hey ho it has to be done as I need it to get the dog to the vets when it is needed most. Have a good afternoon all. Not to bad out here at the moment so have taken Tyto for his last walk of the day. Friends coming in later so that will cheer him up and me.
My heart goes out to you or Tyto. (hugs) not bad MOT cost though, loads cooler here but being lazy today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Lord knows how long they are here for this time....this has been going on since september now, they haven't been there for a week, obviously being done on the cheap as it is all bitty bitty, not a full week ever done, just a day here and there...but you never know when they are coming, i can hear them wherever i go and Kota keeps barking at them banging...i went into the garden for a bit but could still hear them
Kazz, feel for your mum...that's what i have, a summer cold and as i have no immune system it has floored me!
Brenda...i am in a similar boat with Dex cat, i know it won't be too long for him and i am dreading the day, i have had him 18 years and i will be heartbroken but we all do the right thing when we have too
Just had to ring the lost and found dept for the bus company, Steve has been complaining about his heel and i got him some insoles for his shoes, he swore he had put them in his bag but not there...he goes in, books on and leg it out of the office...wouldn't occur to him to pop in and check so i called and yep, we were right, Tony the driver who took the bus over from steve has handed them in...i have no clue why he didn't just ask Steve to give the packet to me or why he didn't just give them back to me...anyway, will have to go to the garage now tomorrow to pick them up
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Good evening all.

Lovely day here so a double walk today.

I'm so sorry to read everyone's problems with both two and four legged friends and relative and hope they are as good as can be.

Griff, how long do you have to keep taking the meds? It's awful that you have to keep going through what you do, but better than the alternative I suppose. Hope you are over this lot soon
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >