Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 06:35 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 8th May

Good morning all. Another hot day today so be careful with your dogs, they do need the shade and plenty of water.

I am about to take Amber out, we wont go far. It's already quite warm. I have a load of washing to go out.

Hope you are all ok and your four legged friends too. Griff hope Deag is better this morning.

Harvey, hope Casey and Lara are ok and Lynn, Dillon also.

Brenda, I don't suppose Tyto wants to go far when it is hot like it has been.

Chris and Kazz hope all is well with you and yours.

Have a lovely day everyone, do take care in the sun and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra, I go out very early and then two hours later because like all dogs they seem to conveniently forget that they have already been out. Then if there is plenty of shade we go again after lunch. He is doing really well at the moment. Most people would think there is nothing wrong with him. Just those that know him. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather. For me it is to hot. But they do say it will change from tomorrow. Moyra are you still looking for somewhere to move to? Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Brenda, I am having a rest from searching for a new home, Steve doesn't seem all that interested. I have several agents that are sending me details regularly so I just hope something crops up from these details.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 08:29 AM
I think it was an excess of grass that has troubled Deags...we had no problems overnight thankfully as I have a stinking cold
Moyra, if where you live is unsuitable for you and Steve isn't interested... please think of your own needs first xx
Brenda, pleased Tyro seems to be doing o.k
Chris... it's never 3miles to chapel is it?? Oooo I used to love walking along the beach front on a summer night...very happy memories
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, griff and all who follow.

Another hot one here today. Getting frustrated now Paul and Beth had an offer on the flat, we are now waiting for a decision re: the access should of been decided on the 2nd of this month nothing yet. If it goes ahead and is going to be started pdq then we will wait till access road is done have the house revalued and put on the market so that may mean not this Spring/Summer, as Beth says if that is happening they will probably not buy as they will get their access back.
If it doesn't go through then we need Paul and Beth to make a commitment so we can start searching. I am not good at loose ends and not having control over matters.

Glad Tyto is doing ok now brenda.
Good to hear Deags is feeling better griff.
Hope Casey and Lara are doing lo in this heat Harvey. Dillon not to bad but travelling at the weekend was not so good for him. We are going to invest in a fan for the van for future trips. We had one for Ollie for the voyager years ago and it worked well.
Chris we hit Skegness around 11.30 I think and drove right past Fantasy Island or should I say limped past. We were not intending to stop at Skegness but were looking for some coast further along. In the end we had so much stop starting as Wisbech was horrendous to we decided when we got out of the jams to just get going and let some air in.

Hope everyone and all four legged fiends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Chris... it's never 3miles to chapel is it?? Oooo I used to love walking along the beach front on a summer night...very happy memories
From the village (proper village not Trunch Lane) it's 3.5 miles to Butlins and another 3.5 miles to south shore, Skegness (going by road and not promenade - it's a bit shorter on the prom).
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Lynn, i hope you can get a decision quickly..must be damn annoying. I don't know if it would be any good for in the car or not but my 2 have a cool bed thing, they seem happy to lie on them, bought one for Molly May last week but she isn't so keen Lol...just walks round it, probably smells funny or something, they are £4.99 small at B &M or £9.99 for a large...i got molls a large and it weighed a tonne!
took the old mower to bits, said if i could get it going i would let Steve have it....i cleaned the carb out changed the plug, popped new fuel in it and a touch of redex Lol...still not running
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Ahhh right Chris, we were a little bit down from butlins (coronation row) just opposite fantasy island
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Tis a tad annoying now griff as I would like t know which way to jump.
Had a cool bed for Ollie he never used it, definitely a fan for the car they are good and am going to look into cooling coats.
Sounds like the mower has given up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2018, 01:47 PM
My pair have swamp coolers...they are really good but very expensive, well really they are diesel and Delaney's but although a teensy bit big for these 2 I wasn't forking out for another lot
Yeah...I think the mower has had it, by the time I pay for service/ repair it would be as well for him to get a cheap rotary mower...he can lend my new one to do the first cut as his lawn is like a jungle and then keep on top of it with a new mower, he has a Flymo but his lawn is all bumpy so no good for it really
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >