Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 06:51 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 6th May.

Good morning all. Not too sure my DVLA Eye test went as well as it needed to do. Just have to wait and see. I am not altogether too happy with my new glasses. Shame I couldn't have settled into them a bit more before taking the test.

Hope Casey is still improving and Tyto is holding his own and lovely Dillon is in a comfortable state.

I hope you are all well and your four legged friends I have not mentioned too Kazz, Chris and Griff hope your family's are ok now.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and enjoy the lovely weather we are supposed to get and in the meantime stay safe and well. God bless. M
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Good morning all.

Brand new glasses to take a test? That shouldn't happen. It takes me at least a couple of weeks to get anywhere near comfortable with a new pair.

Looks like a lovely morning and Gary isn't going with us this morning so we should get a nice long walk in.

Hope everyone else enjoys their day x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Morning Moyra
I hope you did better than you feel with the eye test.
Already a lovely day here...I haven't opened the curtains yet but can feel it's nice...deffo shorts and a bikini top for me. Steve has a couple of days off so will be happy that finally it's not raining on his day off, been trying to get him to start his nvq but it's not going well
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone (well it was when I started to type)

Enjoy your walk Chris

Hope eye test went better than you think Moyra

If you keeping pressuring Steve I doubt if he will do it Griff

Lovely morning here and only wearing a t-shirt. Teazle walked early and one coat of emulsion on ceiling and walls of ensuite. Another this afternoon.. Also done a bit of gardening. Have to pop into next door and look after their dog a couple of times this afternoon but it too hot to walk either at the moment so will sit in the garden with him for a time and then try and see if it is cooler later.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Beautiful morning. Nice and sunny but not too warm for comfort.

Way too many people here though and with the people come the fair weather dog walkers <sigh>. We kept, as much as possible, to the quieter route, so wasn't too bad, but still too many hyper-excited dogs off lead for comfort.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Lovely morning here and only wearing a t-shirt. ...........................................

Wow I bet that has got the neighbours out in their gardens

but it too hot to walk either at the moment so will sit in the garden with him for a time and then try and see if it is cooler later.
I am determined to take Casey latter when it cools off but he is so used to going at this time, he's already sat behind me doing his 'why aren't we going yet' antics

If he gets excited I shall just take him 100 yards down the road and back and 'proper' walk this evening.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Very nice here too, I do like the sunshine... just wish my velcro dogs didn't feel the need to be with me constantly, I have put their parasols up and beds underneath but nope, being in the sun is sooooooo much better.
Sue, with Steve you have to push him to do everything, he has depression so motivation is not strong on his part...I will win, I always do lol
Harvey, hope Casey decides to let you off the hook with a walk
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Too warm for comfort here too.
Max keeps to the shadows when he can. Short walks.
Lots of people about and one of our neighbours have their regular bouncy castle. Millions of screaming children. But that's how kids are.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Evening everyone
Loving the weather, my first bank holiday weekend off in ages, have had a day of doing nothing, Rosie been in and out most of the day. It’s been too hot for her to walk so took her this evening once it had cooled down. My brother & sis in law been to visit. Was nice cos I’d not seen them in ages.
We had s bbq lunch cos Lauryn went to work at 3. She’s there till late, hope she gets to finish soon though.
We’ve got someone coming tomorrow to quote us about digging the garden over. It’s a friend of my brother.
The fence is all painted, we’ve got some bamboo screen for the bottom bit of fence cos it’s horrible down there lol
Hope you’ve all had a good weekend so far
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Mandy sounds the ideal way to spend a bank holiday weekend.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >