Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 27th April

Good morning all, very wet and windy here. Hope you and the four legged friends are all ok.

Griff, how did you get on yesterday? Hope it all went ok.

Harvey, hope Casey and Lara are ok today too.

Lynn, Bet Dillon loves his new motorhome. He certainly took to it yesterday.

Have a good day everyone, hope you all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God Bless and for those that are happy travelling!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Good morning Mouyra and all who follow

Hope you dont get too wet walking Amber

How did yu get on yesterday Griff with the consultant, hope all went well

Hope you have found somewhere nice for your weekend away Lynn and the weather is kind to you.

Rained overnight but dry when I got up but now raining again. Bathroom fitters back today to fit shower tray and new floor. Unfortunately the tray has a flaw in it so another one has to be got - story of our life as it took three attempts for a bath when the main bathroom was done!

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Morning all,
it's blooming cold here!!! and wet...boo
I saw my consultant, we discussed lowering my treatment last time but he wouldn't do it...fair enough, i trust him so will do as he says, i may be needing another tiny op on my bladder again...hopefully it will work itself out but if not i know what to expect. He had me in bits as i said one of the medications he gave me turned me into a raging psycho...he tirned round and said "what...more than usual"?? Lol...he apologised straight away and said he couldn't help it but i like that side of things with him...i can have a real good laugh. He was really really good and helped me pick a new gp out of the 2 remaining doctors at my practice...i told him both were crap and he gt on the internet and looked at them both and told me which one he recommended and why, he also told me that i must make it plain that if i feel i have a chest infection they must give me antibiotics, he was appalled that one had refused to prescribe, he said from his point of view i am very very complicated, i am taking a lot of strong drugs and have no immune system, he said i am at a massively increased risk of getting infections and left untreated those infections could kill me and i must make it plain that i am to be given the antibiotics...i did try and ended up at the walk in centre to get them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, griff and all who follow.

Well it is wet wet wet here and cold. So not sure we will be getting away this weekend. After tidying up we are popping out to a camping shop to have a mooch about instead. So no road trips yet for Dillon much to his disappointment he has been sat under the tree at the bottom of the garden after his walk just in case we were thinking of slipping out without him. He has deigned to come back in of is own accord and is now wrapped up in my old pink fluffy dressing gown drying off a bit.

Sue do hope the next shower tray is fit for purpose.
griff glad you went to get your ab's. Your consultant sounds like he is an upbeat kind of person I would much prefer to see someone like that to.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Awww no Lynn, shame you can't get away...maybe the weather will pick up...I have put fake tan on in the hope of sunshine lol
He is a very very funny man Lynn, he has been brilliant from the beginning, never had a crossed word even though I like to make things difficult lol...he mentioned I hadn't had a chest CT for a while and I just laughed and said well I did sack my chest consultant lol...he was a dreadful man compared to my first consultant. I think that if you are going to be seeing a lot of a doctor you should get along and trust them...he can have his views...I can have mine and generally he lets me have my way lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Good afternoon all from a wet and cold Skegness.

One of those mornings where the rain doesn't feel too bad, but it really wets you through. Even me knickers and socks were wet by the time we got home.

Tomorrow, if the weather is iffy, Rosie and me will take a local walk around the village while hubby takes the car for service and MOT. If it looks like it might be OK, we'll go with him and then get the hire car and go into Cleethorpes. Cleethorpes definitely isn't my favourite place, but a walk around the lake is nice and we can go get a McD's while we wait for the garage to take their time with the job.

I had to get a new pair of trousers for the funeral on Monday. I live in jeans and the two pairs of black trousers I already have are both too big so it was off to Tesco (we don't have too many shops here, so Tesco is as good as anywhere). The only decent pair in my size was £6 so I thought, great, bargain. Got to the till and they said they were half price so I got them for £3. I'm sure they made a mistake and I did query it, but she said that's what the till was telling her so that's what she's charging. Now I have three pairs in three different sizes so I should be covered. The only time they will ever be worn is for funerals so I hope that after Monday they will stay in the cupboard for a long, long time.

Glad the appointment went reasonably well, Kelly.

Sorry about the weather spoiling your weekend plans Lynn, but we have a nice long summer to look forward to (hopefully)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Brilliant when that happens Chris, I had seen a dress at h&m is was £13 and I wanted it but I paid £5 for one year online that was similar...it was white and black and I had a Chinese when drunk and well...the dress was ruined...the h&m was down to 8.99 in the he sale so I went to buy it, got to the till £5!!! Was proper made up
Ewwww wet socks...I hate wet socks with a passion, the worst feeling in the world...well in my opinion.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
So not sure we will be getting away this weekend.
Yes today has been totaly miserable and you wouldn't want to be parked up in a field when it's like that

But the weather man was saying something about better things on the way next week, maybe you can get away over the Bank holiday.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I think that if you are going to be seeing a lot of a doctor you should get along and trust them...
Totaly agree, I was not happy at our previous GP surgery because there was a constant change of Doctor usually a 'locum' and no way can you build up a relationship in those situations.

When you walk into a doctors surgery you should feel that he or she knows you (at least a little) and you should not have to be repeating loads of stuff you told the previous doctor.

Same with our vets, my wife & I complained that we were seeing a different vet every time so they allocated the senior vet to see Casey, today I found out he is leaving and will be replaced

So that's my second 'rant' this evening