Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I wondered if it was an abscess and it was annoying her so she scratched the scar and opened it up. As long as she is going to be ok Eileen.
Could well be MOYRA.Won't be anything like the first time,her eye is already gone and she's used to that now.So basically its a few stitches right?...I'm self soothing here,she'll be fine xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 01:29 PM
The maintenance men have been round again fixing the water ingress into the flat. They have done quite a bit of work and spoke to the girl upstairs and said that if it isn't cured then they may have to take her ship boarding up in order to replace the felt covering of the balcony before the wood boarding can be put back. She was not very happy but as they pointed out if the upstairs balcony was flooding her kitchen and lounge directly below she would want the upstairs tenant to agree to their balcony being put right. That's the problem with these flats that are not straight up and down but are shaped like a half triangle with balconies on each of the 1st and 2nd storey flats extending over the rooms of the properties below. Look quite attractive but just not practical when it comes to the latent defects they hide in the design. So until we get another lot of rain won't know if it is cured or not.

Eileen
hope Princess Lacey settles bless her. I don't think this is relative to the problem with her the other day which would seem to be the carbon monoxide poisioning from the fire as in the gold fish dying.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Its sounding good Eileen, and I think it is going to turn out to be that simple really
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Been thinking of the possibility of the two being connected MOYRA Really hasn't been herself all weekend.I was visiting last night,was out from 7-9pm,I'm thinking she's hit against something or has been having a good go at scratching at it while I was out.Something was causing her pain somewhere,really hope he knows from where.Still waiting on the vet to ring
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Helena that walk sounds slippery I know how bad the garden is and that's flat. Love Zena's bed no wonder she is so chuffed with it.
Just more (((hugs))) Eileen and hoping its good news from the vet which I am sure it will be.
Glad Horatio is forgiven June and that he has settled in so well. Good news the gilries have too it must make things a bit easier for you.
Moyra everything crossed the leak is fixed.

It has stopped raining so Dillon and I took a stroll up the village. We had to try to get past the work trucks and the lights were about to change so I told him to wait and one of the workmen came to our aid again I explained why I was having to walk that side so he smiled then Dillon pulled towards him to say hello. Big burly workman I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head I explained he was very friendly.
The van that was waiting at the lights was very patient and flashed his lights so we could get round safely.

Had a hunt the biscuit game in the garden when we got back and was looking at the bulbs coming up and listening to the cockerels crowing. He seems to of lost his doodle.
Got indoors looked out of the lounge window and saw three ducks sitting on the jetty across the road and one on the bank. All that and I am still not feeling at home and feeling homesick. Why ???? I love nature have it all around me lovely big garden even if it is very muddy at the moment.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Awwww Lynn, I was homesick for a while, you haven't really been there long yet have you, and you haven't really moved on, you feel like it's a stopping off place for a while probably, cos of what you were thinking of doing, so it's put you in a kind of limbo state about it all. Tell yourself there is no going back now, this is home, you might stay or you might go, but it IS home now, you have to block out your other house completely, there is no going back there ever. Once you start doing the major bits and pieces you want to do there, you will make it your real home, but I think you just feel because you haven't done any of the major jobs yet, that's it's a stopping off place.

Sounds ideal to me, once Dave has given up that blooming workshop by next April, the world is our oyster, we can move anywhere we like then. What to do with the vans though, that's the problem cos we need to keep them going for another 4 years to recoup our capital and make a profit, otherwise it'll all have been for nothing cos they won't give us much for them. Always summat isn't there.

Gordon's home tonight, you'll feel much better when he's there.xxxx

Hope you've got some nails left there Eileeen? He'll ring you as soon as surgery has finished I'm sure, which is always after 2.30 isn't it? Good luck, we're all rooting for your little girlie.xxxx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Dillion has lost his doodle That can't be good
Seems like some of us need a few cuddles today...(( hugs)) LYNN.
Sometimes you can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely I reckon there's a lovely lady in your village who feels exactly the same as you and some day soon you'll meet up with her and become the best of friends...well,that's my wish for you anyway
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Gorden not home till Friday night Helena its Dave that's home tonight Don't forget.
Its funny about the old house I can still see it in my mind as clear as day and all that surrounded it. Gorden says he can hardly remember it.
Thanks Eileen. No Dillon hasn't lost his doodle the cockerel nearby has.

Can't wait for my hand to be better and start painting and getting the stairs done. I might be tempted if I can't find a workman to do them to do an Eileen and do it myself.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Funny you should say that Eileen, maybe you feel lonely Lynn? I didn't think I was lonely, I chat to everyone around here, but then they are purely acquantances, not like where I lived before and had all my real friends around me. When I took Zena out the other morning, I came home and said to Dave "I noticed up the top, when people got out of their cars, to walk their dogs, they all had a friend with them, but I don't have a friend to walk with now" He laughed and retorted that he doesn't have ANY friends, which he doesn't, he only has me, but sometimes I miss my mad old crowd from the other end of the county. There I was thinking how lovely it was going to be, to have a bit of peace and quiet at long last, but this place in the winter can be a bit toooo quiet! Thank the Lord I still have you lovely lot Oh, and Dave of course!!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks HELENA
Really wish he'd hurry up most likely doing an op or something,so trying really hard to be patient.
The flood gates are now closed and I'm happy she has it over her.Looking forward to picking her up later.
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »