Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 06:50 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone.
Firstly very sad news about Nelson Mandella.
I can confirm listening to the news now the floods have been the worst in 60 years according to the news. Most of the flood defences held up.
Cromer pier is closed due to damage, Jaywick people are being urged not to return home as they are worried about the Spring tides later today. Boston in Lincs was affected.
I think most of the coastal towns effected will still be on high alert for at least today.
Luckily although not far from Wisbech an old port town and having tidal water we were lucky this end even having the river running through the village. We are very well elevated here.
I do feel sorry for all those that have been evacuated and knowing their homes are damaged to the floods.

Lorraine I had a quick whizz through last nights thread and was pleased to see you were ok.
I hope Norma is doing ok.
Harvey we were fine here I know Sheree was a little worried having seen her posting elsewhere. I am not sure as yet how she fared.
Jenny I hope Rucksacks tail has stopped irritating him and you can look forward to the wedding tomorrow.

It is very calm here today and very cold.
Dillon decided to sleep down here last night so that's two nights this week he has not been upstairs at bed time. I was woken at 4.30 by the cat I think it must be running across our extension roof in hob nail boots then heard some sort of high pitched noise then the owl and the cars started so I gave up at just gone 6 and got up.

Hope everyone and all doglets are well today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I too had an early start and yet again had a very disturbed night sleep . Now I really wouldn't mind at all under normal circumstances but I was hoping to look my best for Saturday - not a chance now as the bags under my eyes almost meet my chin. My face all looks puffy from lack of sleep and I have a hacking cough Oh well in the grand scheme of things with people waking up to find their properties flooded, how I feel is really totally irrelevant

Nelson Mandela certainly was an icon for human rights and his legacy will live on but believe it or not I still have seen no news on the flooding

Lynn Thanks for the flooding news Maybe you can give regular updates I hope you get a nap today after your early start.

I hope all our members are OK and have not been effected with flooded homes.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I am very worried about the flooding, my sister lives close to the backwater at Frinton on Sea, not far from Jaywick I believe, she wont have evacuated because of the ponies, just praying they are all safe.

Very sad news about Nelson Mandela but what a great man he was. We have lived in an era of many great compassionate people who will go down in history, never to be forgotten.

Yesterday went well although we didn't manage to get much done to the bungalow.

Have a good day all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning jenny, we cross posted!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny, Gerry and all

Glad you're safe there Lynn, but by the sounds of what you say there, it's a close call. Have you heard from Gordon this morning so that you know he's safe too?

Lol Jenny, but it IS important, you'll have to see if you can get a nanny nap in today to help the face go down. Hope Rucksack's tail is looking good though this morning. Yes, I too waited up till way gone my sleeping time just to see about the flooding,but the death of NM sad as it is seemed to take great precedence. Hopefully this morning we might actually get to see some news on one of the channels

Gerry I hope you can get hold of your sister and check that she's ok, I hope she is.

We've only just woken up which is good, considering Dave is awake half the night and gets up at 5 am in his van, it's good that he laid in with me and Zena.

Nothing planned today, phew! Dave's tackling the bathroom I have no doubt about that, but it doesn't affect me, I can shut him in there along with the dirt.

Enjoy your Friday every and catch up later if I can.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 08:01 AM

Good to see you are all safe, I was thinking of you all. I hope we hear from Norma soon.
Pressie wrapping day today
I will pop back later x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning Jenny I hope the cough subsides as the day goes on and you feel better.
Morning Gerri the tide got through the sea wall at Jaywick I hope your sister and her ponies are are all safe. I expect you will be ringing her soon lets hope you can get through.
Morning Helena glad you all got a lie-in. Good luck with the bathroom.
Morning our other Jenny enjoy the pressie wrapping.

Kings Lynn on high alert this morning with the next tide the flood defence just about held last night but it doesn't sound like they are expecting it too with the second deluge expected. It is about 17 miles from here maybe so I think we should be ok.
No word from Gorden Helena but he was safely tucked up in a B&B and Michael was with his girlfriend Gorden got the dates wrong taking the boat over. Not heard any news about the Thames.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Moet I do hope you hear from your sister early, as understandably you must be worried sick . Let us know when you do.
Helena Great news you all had a lie in . Good ol' Dave prepared to work his socks off again and lets hope you can contain him and the dirt in the bathroom
Nippy you are so organised to be doing wrapping today. Apart from buying a filing cabinet as part of my older son's Christmas present, I haven't even started yet

When the vet is open I'm going to cancel the vet nurse appointment for 9.50 because I'd have to remove the cone to get Rucksack to the vets (to fit in his crate) and I can just imagine he'll probably chew his tail to bits on the journey there but especially back if she fiddles with it. His wound looks fab so there is nothing she can do anyway. Off to get dressed now and take the boys out for a decent walk.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning all
We not too bad here a fence panel came down, and some bins ended up in the ditch next to the field, I saw a empty paddling pool and a football also on edge of field

I heard from my son last night, he lives in York, and he said it wasn't too bad where he lives, there is a really big tree outside his apartment , and some of the branches came off but no damage to the apartments. Thank goodness.

R.i.p Nelson Mandela
But it was good to see some news on the floods this morning. I do worry about all the people who are affected, I'm lucky where we live because it's on a hill

I hope everyone and their pets are well and safe today x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Morning Mandy glad you and you son are safe.
Jenny that's good news about Ruscksacks tail sounds a good idea not to give him the opportunity to put all the healing into jeopardy.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »