View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Morning Helena. Enjoy your shower with Zena that will be hilarious from our point of view if she takes off while in mid shower won't be for you though.
If Dillon wants a cardboard box to play with he is welcome to one of those. Problem is I have to clean it up when it gets wet and soggy.

Forgot to mention I hope Rucksacks tail is better this morning. Sorry Jenny.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Morning all, very dark and dreary here today.
Hope you all have a good day and that the doggies all behave themselves.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Morning all. Clouding over on and off here too today and much cooler at last. I decided to head to the sea and see how they are getting on with the marvellous 'improvements' to the waterfront where I live. I did take pics but will put them up when I can be bothered with the hassle it is getting them on Dogsey! Haven't put the ones I took a week or so ago on yet. (Not that it's changed that much) I can stick them on other venues straight from the phone gallery.

If they've finished those improvements by early 2014 I will eat ALL my hats (will eat all my flip flops too). No way maties.

Will be interesting to see what progress if any has been made on my return in January. As every time I look most of the workmen are sitting on walls drinking coffee and eating snacks. Siga siga as they say here.

Helena - if you don't want the dog to escape from the shower room - shut the blerdy door behind you when you go in there! (See I'm a genius!)

I'm keeping my living space as I rearranged it - I like it like this. I can easily swing the day bed round if I want to doss and watch telly at the same time as I have the legs on those thick felt pads that just slide over tiles. Have removed 2 of the 6 dining chairs off to the spare room too (hell I've only gone one bum and rarely need more than 4 anyway). Made more room for the little white chest with my printer on it.

I might even get around to doing the printing off of the finance docs and signing them (one day soon) now the printer is installed in here.

Still don't feel terribly energetic after spending what must have been about 13 hrs dossing or sleeping since 5pm yesterday! We even had a nice lie in this morning and didn't go out until about quarter past 9. I think the mad energetic 2 days I had must have been hormonal lol! It certainly hasn't lasted (not that I'm too sorry about that - I am built for comfort not speed these days).

The firm decision taken to stop trying to 'keep the spare room looking nice' has definitely helped. I mean I can hardly make my way through it now but it keeps the rest of the flat looking lovely lol! It will now just become a twice or thrice annual job when visitors are due. And has the benefit of making me go in there very often so it won't suffer from not being aired or used. When it was all lovely and ready for visitors I had no reason to go in there at all. So I've spread myself and my clothes and everything else into it now.

Just eaten some leftover chicken and most of a jam swiss roll and can't decide if I feel a bit SICK or a bit HUNGRY!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Morning Linda, lol, no she won't cos Pat has told me how to stop her!!!

Morning Pat. I'm having a Pat day today,i.e. one which doesn't involve much I got the big, heavy leaf blower out from the shed, only to find the suck and blow slider had stuck (like it aaaaaalways does). So there I was unscrewing all these tiny screws to get inside and behind it to see what I could do (cos my WD40 wasn't doing much). I got exasperated with the darn thing as I sat on the back step with Zena laying down intrigued by it all. On the video it tells me there's a rubber cap thingie that just turns around so you can get to the motor - not on MINE there isn't This happened with the last one, and the one before that, they've all ended up in the skip along with this one now, cos I can't be a*sed with it anymore, it's all seized up. I can either take myself off to B&Q and get another one and go up and do those leaves, OR, I can bath Zena, OR I can sit here and order the new bathroom suite and do nothing for the rest of the day lol! I think I'll opt for the latter

I'm in one of *them* now, it pee'd me off so much I can't be bovvered to do anything productive now apart from prepare lunch for later.

I'm going to ring a friend.......
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi guys

Fraid I stil have that ruddy headache. So another day I can ill-afford to have off. This morning still the phone light was making my eyes throb. Not quite so bad now but still lurking around.

And no sign of my TMA. If there's no sign by tomorrow I'm emailing the guy and asking him where it is. Cause that will be the maximum 14 days since he received it.

I'm not doing much today, about to go for a bath then sort out washing. I think a day of chilling with Brian is ahead for me though cause I don't want this ruddy headache to get worse again.

Hope you all have a good day xx.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Sounds like migraine LORRAINE...oh that rhymes Hope you feel better soon(( hugs))
Having a tidy,have a new Christmas cd on,Lacey thinks I'm losing it
Hope all is well,will be back later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a stress migraine Lore, try and relax today and not think about stuff like your TMA for instance!!!!
Off out on the bone run shortly, everybody fed, got bones, babies put to sleep in the pen, but 3 are out having a feed off mum whilst she demolishes a rack of lamb ribs.
They are right into the eating lark now, and we are having most of the trays cleared, I just keep putting them down now until everyone is eating and then swopping them about as another one comes to push one out.
Did you get your shower Helena, only I saw you were tinkering with the leaf blower and NOT showering with Zena!!!
Pat, I think that osteo must be doing you the world of good as you are so relaxed you are horizontal when you come back, and then you zonk out.
Malka I think you decided to leave it a bit longer before dropping Pereg's meds
Nippy, it was dark here, but bit brighter now thank goodness. Was the link you weren't able to put up yesterday about the UFO piccie in Devon
Lynn, keep on hanging in there and be determined.
Here's today's Fix
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear you've got a bad headache there Lorraine, dose yourself up with Paracetamols and take it easy today (I know you won't of course).

Zena had her shower/bath, she was very, very good, just stood there for me, even better than old Georgie used to be and he was well used to showers, but this is a first for Zena. She went mad when I opened the door, she shook herself all over the bathroom and splattered the big mirror, then she went into my bedroom to do the same with that mirror lol! I think she actually enjoyed it the way she squidged her squeaky ball whilst I shot the hairdryer over her. That's another first, so I took it slowly and started from a distance, then she realised I wasn't going to kill her so tolerated it.

We've just had another 2nd walk in the lovely dry woods, all those crispy leaves to walk over it's lovely, so tomorrow before it rains on them, I really must get another blower and do that van.

Roast chicken in the oven, even having roast pots and veggies with it, and of course, I will be sharing it with Zena cos there's nobody else here Tomorrow I'll have a curry of it with a jacket spud but Zena can have hers plain.

No Jenny this morning, no Moyra, but Hi Jen and Eileen

Now I'm going to hang the new curtains up at the small window. I did buy 2 pairs, one for my bedroom side window, BUT, when I got them out the pack to iron them, I wondered where the big stainless eyes were and thought they'd forgotten to put them in, but then I realised this 2nd pair I bought were pencil pleat, and yet the big label on the front says they're eyelets Hmph! They'll be going back tomorrow.

Lynn, I hope you didn't get lost this morning??!!!

ETA: Hi June, yes we had our shower, but I got soaking wet clothes cos I didn't think I would get wet in there holding the shower head, needless to say I got soaked though. Awwwwww to that beautiful baby, I can't quite believe my eyes just how much they are growing!! How long we got now then June???

Postman just arrived with Zena's new combat suit....
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Morning all,

Late on parade again but I have an excuse . I feel like someone has borrowed my body and run two marathons. Stonking headache which I've had since last night too. I cannot be ill 'cos of the wedding on Saturday I also woke up to find that Rucksack had managed to reach his tail and chew it .... I can only assume he must have managed to push the cone down and his tail looks far worse than on day one. I've just got back having bought a bigger one and he is sooooooooooooo upset that he's having to wear it. Talk about a depressed dog He's asleep now on the settee after I finally lifted him up on there. He had three failed attempts himself I have got to get his tail sorted by Saturday as my brother is coming down to look after them while we are at the wedding (1 - after midnight) and I don't really want him to have the responsibilty of Rucksack in a cone.

I've bathed his wound and reapplied the fuciderm and he cried . His tail is not swollen or hot so it is just a surface wound ..... maybe he's just a woos I just don't know As soon as I've posted this I'll sit next to him and make a fuss of him and hopefully we'll both fall asleep.

Lynn I hope you manage to get your long list of things done this morning. It should be fun exploring a new town.
Malka Sounds like you'll have to phone Ram up and see if he remembers what your joint plan of action was.
Moet I hope you enjoy your chat and coffee with your cousin and sister.
Helena The vision of Zena racing around your beautiful home while she was dripping water and suds everywhere doesn't bear thinking about We must have been really lucky because we've had the same Black & Decker leaf blower for about 15yrs Have a day off girl and watch TV or read a book .. any jobs will still be there tomorrow. I keep telling myself that and believe me the ruddy jobs ARE still there
L.S. I think the headache is all viral based as my OH has had one for about 5 days now Its horrible though isn't it as it effects everything you do. I really hope it goes soon.
Hi to Nippy and Eileen who both popped in earlier.
Tang it isn't straight forward getting photos on here is it and my photobucket memory is almost full now. I'm hoping that maybe with a new server and various changes it may become easier to post photos. I can't believe your spare room is bad ... you should see my utility room which looks as though it has been burgled. Every week for months I've been telling myself to start sorting it, and I still haven't You just about reach the washing machine and dryer. I look forward to seeing your photos later.
Lore sorry you too are suffering from a dreaded headache that seems to be doing the rounds and hope it goes very very soon.

Off to have a kip and get better.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone, I am well late today.

Helena, hope you have fun showering zena and she is good for you.

Lynn, enjoy your trip into town, hope you get all your shopping.

Malka, hope you have settled on what you are doing with Pereg's meditation.

Jenny, hope Rucksack's tail is on the mend. Fingers crossed.

Eileen your decs look lovely.

Lore, I am so sorry that you are still suffering that headache, perhaps you should see the doctor.

TW how are our babies doing today. I really need a fix. Must go and look at the latest thread just for revision.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, Stay dry, warm and safe. God bless.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »