Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 04:39 PM
just had a quick google as ya do....found this for June and H

http://www.shootgardening.co.uk/plan...gundo-flamingo

Wonder if this is THE plant hedging thingy. Looks nice, think you gonna have to keep it well pruned
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Wipes perspiration off brow after reading about Helena's 'exertions'.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Just a quickie before I head off to work, to let you know Lily is now walking on 4 legs again. She has been to the vets, where she hopped in on 3 legs, had the bandage off, found there was a leg still there to walk on under it, and so walked out normally on 4 legs.
I suppose that means I will be hanging off the edge of the bed again tonight .
Great news although I was enjoying the Lily PityParty updates!

You are a braver soul than I towing a van in high winds - arghh!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Not at all nice here, it stopped raining so got out, but never put a fleece under my coat, nor a woolly hat or gloves, all of which I needed. I was glad to get back in, it felt like the tropics in the house after being outside.
I may even be lighting the fire tonight. To think that yesterday I was sitting on my rock with t shirt and trakkie bottoms on, sat on my jacket as I had to take it off as I was too warm. Back to winter!!!
Went to butchers for some more pet mince and they had some new plants in plus some lovely hanging baskets, no money till Saturday though, if the weather has bucked up by then I may be tempted.
Your butcher sells hanging baskets?

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Just to let you know that Steve has finally got a doctors appointment. He has been off work for 6 weeks now with no money coming in. He must get sorted out. I personally cannot see him going back to floor and wall tiling not the big stuff everyone wants these days. My back has been much better this afternoon.
Good news that your back is easing up. Good luck to Steve at the doc appointment.

George has been and gone. Reduced the height of the armchair he raised for Martin down to summat I can sit on! Then Danny, son of the lady I took to the clinic called in for complete update on his mum. He has just gone.

Today is for all intents and purposes 'written off'. I will take muttley round the block in an hour or so and then just doss about until I go to bed.

I like to 'pace myself' regarding stuff that has to be done - trips out etc. It really doesn't suit my make up to 'have to' fit loads of stuff in. And I just know I've forgotten some but it will no doubt come to me when I am lying trying to go to sleep!

Got the finances bod coming on Tuesday so that's the marker I've set for getting ALL outstanding rubbish out of the way. Hell, I was hoping to spend at least 2 hrs a day on the beach at this time of year!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I took the boys out but it was so blustery and twigs blowing everywhere. My brother should be on his way soon and I've just phoned him 'cos the M25 is really bad AGAIN between jcts 16-15 I've just cleaned all the lounge windows inside ready for when the paint is dry enough for me to do the outside ones.

Moyra - Bless you too. I hope your son finally made that appointment
Rosebud - You won't be mislaying that bright knitting then I hope it goes well and keep away from those nasty midges .... I hate them and I really react to bitey things
Helena - Depending on who we meet when out walking can make or break a good walk That thoughtless man letting his grey off in the field with that young foal Enjoy your lunch, sounds lovely.
Nippy and EmmiS- Hi to both of you Enjoy your day.
LS - Surely if you order a large pizza and have it delivered to the table next to where the 'party area' is nobody can possibly complain. Good luck and I wouldn't worry about it now
Mini - I hope little Hannah has a lovely birthday.
June -Unfortunately since finding that little robin there has been no sign of the nest being visited It must have been the mummy robin which makes me so sad. I haven't dared look in the nest 'cos whether the eggs have hatched or not they will be dead. Rain is still holding off here - a slight drizzle but hoping we might get away with what they forecast.
Lynn - Good luck with the phone call .... count to 10. If we see clouds of steam rising over Essex we'll know its coming from you.
Pat - Don't you go AWOL on us

See you all later.
Thanks Jenny - yes, that is what I will do.

Really fed up today though. Pizza Hut had nothing written down about our requirements and apparently there is a limit of 15 people in total, whereas I was told before we could have 20.

I've sorted it out with them but I have 6 adults that I know want to come. I hope no more try to stay. One person tried to get me to include her daughter's (who is invited) brother.

Never again! I don't do kids' parties normally and this fiasco has put me off for life!

I also had a problem with the RSC telling me as I hadn't renewed my membership, I could no longer use their designated letters and must hand back any certificates. I actually did renew this year, but I won't be bothering in future. It seems you're not entitled to letters and certificates, which you've earned through experience and references, unless you pay for them every year!

I knew this really but to get told this in black and white ... just as well my BSc wasn't only valid if I paid up every year!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Hi all,

I've spent a lot of the afternoon going through a huge appeal document with my brother as they are trying to get him off benefits Our decorators were hoping to finish tomorrow but he reckons it will be end of play on Monday .... due to bad weather. Another walk with the dogs this afternoon and the sun came out for all of 5 minutes

I have read through all the posts, but too many to comment on individually. However, I do hope that Lily remembers her fourth leg, Moyra's back is getting better and your neck Helena is loosens up.

My brother is staying over again tonight so I'll have to cook a more substantial meal after all (my OH ate out at lunchtime). My life resumes back to normal next Tuesday once the decorators have gone. Roll on Tuesday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi all retrieved the key and still they didn't get it.
I got sorry we weren't able to sell the house for you.
I told them its not all about that its about the lack of communication.

When we arrived back indoors Tuesday after the viewing the EA who I have found out is one of the partners had dropped a bit of paper about the client we kept it.
So today I did 141 on my phone and called her mobile because surely it should go onto voice mail not keep ringing.
Well it rang and she answered so I clicked off.
I doubt he will even bother now to chase her.

We are going to have a rest for a few weeks and have a think about whether we decide to re-market this year or wait and start again next Spring.

Hope everyone is ok.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I've spent a lot of the afternoon going through a huge appeal document with my brother as they are trying to get him off benefits Our decorators were hoping to finish tomorrow but he reckons it will be end of play on Monday .... due to bad weather. Another walk with the dogs this afternoon and the sun came out for all of 5 minutes

I have read through all the posts, but too many to comment on individually. However, I do hope that Lily remembers her fourth leg, Moyra's back is getting better and your neck Helena is loosens up.

My brother is staying over again tonight so I'll have to cook a more substantial meal after all (my OH ate out at lunchtime). My life resumes back to normal next Tuesday once the decorators have gone. Roll on Tuesday
Make sure he can get supporting letters if at all possible to support his appeal, e.g. from a GP if it's a health problem. Good luck!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 05:18 PM
LS they are nightmares aren't they?! I think if anyone else tries to stay you might have to politely say that there simply isn't enough spaces booked, and suggest a nearby cafe? I'm sure the children will manage for a couple of hours without their parents, it's always the parents that seem to be more affected than the kids!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2013, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=Tangutica;2704898]

yeah Pat, he sells bedding plants and fruit and veg as well.
He is the only alternative to Asda because although several independent fruit and veg shops have opened up none of them has lasted very long. I try to do my bit by buying stuff from him if I possibly can. Very very hard working guy. There is the market on Friday, Saturday and Monday, but I asked him and he buys his stuff from the market bloke so I feel OK about it
GirlieBiker, thanks for that link, they do look lovely and they grow big as well, am looking for something big to go in a large pot so may well try and find one of them, doubt my Asda will have them by the time I have my money on Saturday morning, but now I know the name of them I may find them somewhere else.
Dried up here now and feeling slightly warmer when I was out doing teas and cleaning up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
just had a quick google as ya do....found this for June and H

http://www.shootgardening.co.uk/plan...gundo-flamingo

Wonder if this is THE plant hedging thingy. Looks nice, think you gonna have to keep it well pruned
YESSSSSS, that's it!!! Thanks for that Elaine, I'm glad to hear it's a rigorous grower cos that's exactly what I want as a hedge. The way they've grown these, they are long stalks with just balls of the leaves on the top, which is just the right height I want above the little picket fence, perfick! I hope these aren't poisonous though I'd better read the whole thing.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks Jenny - yes, that is what I will do.

Really fed up today though. Pizza Hut had nothing written down about our requirements and apparently there is a limit of 15 people in total, whereas I was told before we could have 20.

I've sorted it out with them but I have 6 adults that I know want to come. I hope no more try to stay. One person tried to get me to include her daughter's (who is invited) brother.

Never again! I don't do kids' parties normally and this fiasco has put me off for life!

I also had a problem with the RSC telling me as I hadn't renewed my membership, I could no longer use their designated letters and must hand back any certificates. I actually did renew this year, but I won't be bothering in future. It seems you're not entitled to letters and certificates, which you've earned through experience and references, unless you pay for them every year!

I knew this really but to get told this in black and white ... just as well my BSc wasn't only valid if I paid up every year!
Oh poooh! I'm sure it'll be good no matter what. I didn't know you had a BSc what's it in then Linda? Oh get you, showing off!!!! I think I've got a Bsc of Dogsey over the years

Hi all,

Oh dear Jen, I heard they're cracking down tightly this week, something new has come out hasn't it, and I do hope they don't stop his. The ones who know how to play the system will still get it and those in real need will have to fight for it

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi all retrieved the key and still they didn't get it.
I got sorry we weren't able to sell the house for you.
I told them its not all about that its about the lack of communication.

When we arrived back indoors Tuesday after the viewing the EA who I have found out is one of the partners had dropped a bit of paper about the client we kept it.
So today I did 141 on my phone and called her mobile because surely it should go onto voice mail not keep ringing.
Well it rang and she answered so I clicked off.
I doubt he will even bother now to chase her.

We are going to have a rest for a few weeks and have a think about whether we decide to re-market this year or wait and start again next Spring.

Hope everyone is ok.
Oh well, it's fate Lynn. We stopped looking at properties until we had an offer on the table, because I couldn't stand the upset of it all, especially finding something really nice, but not being able to look at it let alone put in an offer. Good luck with it all, don't let it get you down. Easier said than done I know.

[QUOTE=tawneywolf;2704921]
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

yeah Pat, he sells bedding plants and fruit and veg as well.
He is the only alternative to Asda because although several independent fruit and veg shops have opened up none of them has lasted very long. I try to do my bit by buying stuff from him if I possibly can. Very very hard working guy. There is the market on Friday, Saturday and Monday, but I asked him and he buys his stuff from the market bloke so I feel OK about it
GirlieBiker, thanks for that link, they do look lovely and they grow big as well, am looking for something big to go in a large pot so may well try and find one of them, doubt my Asda will have them by the time I have my money on Saturday morning, but now I know the name of them I may find them somewhere else.
Dried up here now and feeling slightly warmer when I was out doing teas and cleaning up.
Definitely these June, I described them well didn't I, nothing like your poisonous plants thank goodness! I couldn't find them when I was Googling though. They are very pretty, I hope you can get one.

Just waiting for Dave, cleaned the whole house, polished and hoovered, even done the bathrooms, cos I do slob out a bit when Dave's away

Enjoy your evening, Hi Sally Sorry you didn't get "your" day yesterday, but there's always another one hey?

ETA: Blimey, I just read up on those trees and they grow 15M in height! Oh well, it is a forest but maybe I should have planted them further away from that fence!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2013, 06:25 PM
LOL Helena, I've read exactly the self same thing, and I don't think I want something quite that tall somehow then again could get Nigel (the gardener) to go over them with the hedge trimmers when he does the hedge along the side. Not sure how much 15m is in old money, is a metre about a yard or just over I think, so you're talking 45ft here
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >