Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Pat, Gerry and everyone

Lynn, today sounds just the ticket for a good old laugh with that friend of yours, and I hope the lunch is good too. Pat, don't plan anything for today cos you know what happens
Gerry, enjoy your walk with the boys. No, I won't be having them back, they've got a black mark against their name in my file now.

Dave's got cars on his mind again This time it's the X5 bimmer but an older one, got to be diesel cos the petrol is a gas guzzler. He's paid the deposit on the van, so that's all sorted. Still got trouble at mill but nothing new there.

Off with Zena now up on the top. It's dry atm, but rain forecast but we want that cos there's still heaps of old snow lying around. I've only just realised my neighbour's kids cleared all my steps for me the other afternoon, so I'm going off to Asda to buy them a nice cake for their efforts Bless 'em!

Enjoy your day everyone
Morning Helena I am not surprised the last guests have a black mark against them.
I hope all the Dave stuff isn't pulling you down to much. That was nice of the boy to clear your steps. Treat yourself to a cake too for all the upset you have been through.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Raining here,

I have had daggers again off Meg this morning,I have to drop her at the vets in an hour or so,

I have loads of washing again Luke was poorly yesterday,was sick everywhere.
Tom came back from school and was really unwell so whipped him down the Dr's,he has the flu and then Lizzie came home complaining of a sore throat,so we are a bug house at the moment

Nothing planned apart from chores while waiting for the vets to call,

Have a good day all xx
Morning Sal. I hope everyone in your house feels better soon. There is just no respite for you is there. Good luck with Meg.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning lynn and all,

Raining here too and I saw on the forecast last night its going to get colder again next week and more snow. I have really had enough of it now. We need some really warm sunshine so we can peel off those coats and jumpers and lift all our spirits.

I have walked Lily this morning, and been to Tesco to do mums shopping, so about 9am I will be leaving for hers to take it over and do her housework and then back to walk Lily and off to work.

Things still in a huge turmoil here with recent events, but I can't say anymore publicly.

Today sounds just the tonic you need Lynn to take your mind off everything recently.

Sorry to hear you had problems at the van yesterday H. I have missed what happened, but will try and catch up with it all later.

Hope you all have a good day and take care.
Morning Bev busy already today I see.
I hope the turmoil sorts itself soon for you all.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Noticeably milder here this morning but raining ..... I guess we can't have it all.

Lynn I hope you have a lovely lunch with your friend and I do believe that a good natter and laugh will help recharge your batteries.

Hi Pat, Moet and Helena and I hope you all enjoy your dogs walks today.

I'm off to buy a paper now in the hope that the rain will ease off by the time I'm back making my dog walk more pleasant.
Morning Jenny hoping the rain has eased for you ready to walk the boys.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Just had another power cut - how come they always manage it on a Friday morning when everyone is madly cooking for the Sabbath. I was not sure whether it was just me so let myself into my neighbour's bungalow as my main fusebox is with hers, then could not lock her door. Panic as it is a security door and I just could not get the key to turn. No idea which brother she is staying with this w/e but just as I was going to phone her on her mobile I managed to get the door locked. Think it needs some oil in the lock.

Anyhow, power was off everywhere but eventually came back [well I would not be using my computer with no power, would I ]

Lynn - I hope you have a really lovely day with your friend.

Sal - fingers crossed for Meg and I hope all the poorlies in your house recover quickly.

Bev - I do hope that everything works out for the best with all that turmoil.

Nechda - how nice of your neighbour's kids to have cleared your steps!

Everyone else - hope you are all OK.

Not complaining but I thought the weather was supposed to have eased off but the sharav is back with a vengeance and I am fed up of breathing in sand and dust. But I will not tell you the temperature as I am too nice to do that to you all!

Anyhow, I am putting Pereg up for auction so anyone who does not mind having to get up during the night to let the booger out can have her. Actually forget the auction, it will be more like FTAGH.

Hope everyone keeps dry/warm/safe, whatever you have planned.
Morning Malka sorry you had another power cut. Glad to read it is back on again. You know you love Pereg really.
What a fright with your neighbours door glad it is all sorted. Here's hoping the rest of the day is less eventful.

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Morning Lynn Hope you are ok.

Not been on here for a whilse so thought I would catch up on some news.

Pat, I grew up on that council estate by Fords at Warley, those funny white coloured houses My family all still live in Brentwood and Hutton

Have a good day all
Morning Sheree.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone.
It's sunny but damp and windy here, much warmer than of late too

Today I am going to be making cup cakes for Kylas birthday party tomorrow. There will be 32 adults and children, so I am going to be busy

I hope everyone problems sort themselves out and that you all have a good day. It's FRIDAY!!!!

I'm off now to catch up with what has happened at H's van!
petitsfilous
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Morning all!

I was awoken at 4am by Bernies wimpers, bless him. The rain was hammering down on the velux windows and the racket must have scared him. Maternal instincts kicked in and I got up and went into the living room with him for cuddles and ended up sleeping on the sofa with him. I'm too much of a softy.

I have the whole day off work today *yippee* so I am going to make the most of it and get the house into some sort of order.

I ended up taking Bernie to work with me yesterday. He got quite upset at first and didn't like staying in the crate in a completely different environment (colleague room) so I let him run around out back in the warehouse with me and clean out all the bunnies lol. He had a good run around the yard which well and truly tuckered him out and then pretty much slept until my morning shift was over.

We're off to Devon tomorrow for the day. Both mine and my boyfriends families live down there so we're going to 'do the rounds' and visit them all and of course introduce Bernie to them all. They all have dogs as well so that will be extra lovely for Bernie
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone. Drying up out there after a night of rain. Have a good day everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Good morning all.

Bit grey with bits of sunshine trying to break through here. Apparently, we don't get the rain until lunchtime so we're going for breakfast this morning.

I'm not my No 1 son's favourite person at the moment and he's not mine so I'm hoping he doesn't want to come until we both calm down a bit, but I doubt that's going to happen <sigh>

The dreadful cold seems to have now departed and it's so lovely to be able to breathe again. Just need my nose to finish drying up now and then I'm back to full strength . It's been a humdinger this one and I hate having even minor colds - they just don't suit me

Whatever you lot are up to, enjoy and have a good 'un x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello everyone.
It's sunny but damp and windy here, much warmer than of late too

Today I am going to be making cup cakes for Kylas birthday party tomorrow. There will be 32 adults and children, so I am going to be busy

I hope everyone problems sort themselves out and that you all have a good day. It's FRIDAY!!!!

I'm off now to catch up with what has happened at H's van!
Morning Jen. Have fun with the cup cake making you are going to be very busy. Watch that shoulder.
Originally Posted by petitsfilous View Post
Morning all!

I was awoken at 4am by Bernies wimpers, bless him. The rain was hammering down on the velux windows and the racket must have scared him. Maternal instincts kicked in and I got up and went into the living room with him for cuddles and ended up sleeping on the sofa with him. I'm too much of a softy.

I have the whole day off work today *yippee* so I am going to make the most of it and get the house into some sort of order.

I ended up taking Bernie to work with me yesterday. He got quite upset at first and didn't like staying in the crate in a completely different environment (colleague room) so I let him run around out back in the warehouse with me and clean out all the bunnies lol. He had a good run around the yard which well and truly tuckered him out and then pretty much slept until my morning shift was over.

We're off to Devon tomorrow for the day. Both mine and my boyfriends families live down there so we're going to 'do the rounds' and visit them all and of course introduce Bernie to them all. They all have dogs as well so that will be extra lovely for Bernie
Morning Bernie sounds like he is having a lovely life.
Enjoy your day off.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Bit grey with bits of sunshine trying to break through here. Apparently, we don't get the rain until lunchtime so we're going for breakfast this morning.

I'm not my No 1 son's favourite person at the moment and he's not mine so I'm hoping he doesn't want to come until we both calm down a bit, but I doubt that's going to happen <sigh>

The dreadful cold seems to have now departed and it's so lovely to be able to breathe again. Just need my nose to finish drying up now and then I'm back to full strength . It's been a humdinger this one and I hate having even minor colds - they just don't suit me

Whatever you lot are up to, enjoy and have a good 'un x
Morning Chris sorry to hear yo have fallen out with your son hoping it all gets resolved soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Good morning fellow members I am sitting here wrapped in layers of clothes because the house is cold awaiting the arrival of the electrician who is going to service the heating which I had to switch off yesterday in readiness.

I hate having anyone strange in the house, you can't get on with things the same.

The two little girls will be her later while Barnaby has a swimming lesson, Eleanor has a poorly ear so can't go.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Morning everyone

Lynn - I hope you have a lovely time with your friend today. A time to just relax and enjoy each other's company - sounds like a tonic!

Helena - how sweet of your neighbour's kids. Good neighbours are priceless.

Sal - I hope everyone feels better soon. x

Malka - how scary, getting locked in like that! Ihope you don't have any more power cuts.

Nippy - sounds like you all have a great time planned - any spare cupcakes, bring them in here please.

Petitsfilous - have a super time in Devon tomorrow.

Chris - I hope you and your son make up quickly.

Mini - have a lovely day with the little ones.

Well what a morning here! Poor Loki, first he slipped down some steps - luckily he was okay.

Then, he went into the stream but the water was rushing so quickly, it carried him with it a little way and he collapsed with his paws hanging over the edge. Luckily he didn't tumble down the little waterfall. He then sat there drinking while I had to climb down the slippery bank, try to get his lead on without falling on top of him and haul him back up.

Why do I always end up yanking him out of water? It happened when I was around 8 months pregnant when he couldn't get up a steep bank of a river, and again 4 weeks after my c-section, when he fell in a pond and couldn't get out.

He's fine now though, just a bit mucky and wet.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
...[snip]...
Malka - how scary, getting locked in like that!
I was not locked in - I had gone into my neighbour's bungalow leaving the door open and after I had checked the meter/fuse cupboard I went out and closed the door behind me. But I could not lock it - it is a steel security door with three bolts that go vertically into special holes in the steel frame, plus three bolts which go into the side.

There was no way I could leave the door unlocked until my neighbour returns on Sunday morning and I really was beginning to panic when I opened the door and then gave it a good slam to close it - still had to force the key though but at least the bolts all engaged so the door is secured.

Actually it is a bit daft having a security door when none of the windows at the back or side have grills on them, and with free access to the back from the tractor paths it is so easy to open those windows from the outside. She was broken into like that one weekend a year or so back, which was why I promptly phoned Nir and he made and fitted ornamental grills on all my back and side windows. Just the window in the front of my bedroom and the salon window do not have grills but as they face the road it is highly unlikely anyone would try to break in in full view of anyone passing.

Also they are my only way of exit in case of a fire so cannot have grills on them. It is a very reassuring feeling knowing that I can leave all my windows wide open all the time [I do close the trissim in the two front windows at night though].
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Ah poor Loki, they can be real wimps at times can't they
Was getting myself organised to take Lona for her Canine Herpes vax, had decided to take Mabs as well for the experience because she hasn't been since she was a puppy for her last vax, so thought it would do her good to go and observe as it were, plus I want to weigh her. Phone rang, and it is the vets, the vaccine hasn't arrived, the driver has been delayed, so I can either make an appointment for after 4 (rush hour traffic on a Friday, I don't think so) or tomorrow, so we have an appointment for 12.30 tomorrow now. Good job the people have backed out of having Ash because they were coming for him tomorrow and Lona has to have the 1st vax within the next 3 days, and I can't drive the car on Monday, it is on Eldest Son's company insurance and it is all being changed over on Monday, although he says mine will go on the new list first he doesn't want me to end up without insurance for a while and not know, and get pulled up, so its safer for me to be carless on Monday, because otherwise, the way my luck is running I will get in the car during the 'down' period!!!
Not raining here at the moment at least, so will get myself ready for yard, kennels and then walks with everyone.
Have a nice meet up with your friend Lynn, I have a friend like that as well, only see her at Christmas, although we always say we will meet up during the year we never manage it. It gets you out of yourself doesn't it. That's the only thing I miss about work, you had other people to talk to if you fancied a natter just to clear your head a bit.
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »